Team-BHP - Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/128833-calling-lawyers-cas-forum-provide-free-consultations-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anoop.nair (Post 3932786)
So sorry to hear this. Perhaps you can get in touch with your apartment manager as they might have already established similar connects in law & order situations. I am not sure whether this will help you register an FIR but found this online - http://bcp.gov.in/report_lost_item.aspx

Thanks Anoop. I have already registered the FIR but the issue is they are simply sitting on the FIR. Had it been a theft or a burglary where the suspect is unknown I would have accepted it but in my case it is pretty evident that the maid is the culprit and still police is not taking any action. They are shooing me away on pretext of being an outsider and not knowing the local language. They even refuse to speak to me in Hindi or English and insist on getting some local person along with me if I wish to speak to them. This is getting really frustrating. :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by grevvity (Post 3932794)
Thanks Anoop. I have already registered the FIR but the issue is they are simply sitting on the FIR. Had it been a theft or a burglary where the suspect is unknown I would have accepted it but in my case it is pretty evident that the maid is the culprit and still police is not taking any action. They are shooing me away on pretext of being an outsider and not knowing the local language. They even refuse to speak to me in Hindi or English and insist on getting some local person along with me if I wish to speak to them. This is getting really frustrating. :deadhorse

It gets difficult with denials at first. That's unfortunate. But I believe you will have to push this from all possible angles. There was a case in my neighboring society when the house owner took law in his hands and we saw a mass protest against them the next day. Things get ugly soon if you are not careful in such issues. Get a local guy (colleague/HR) to speak for you in police station as well. Have you tried talking to your apartment manager. He should be a local guy and responsible for the events within.

Another take, Entrust the same maid as if nothing happened and test him/her with some valuables. But this time get this recorded in a cctv. Things will get lot easier with proof.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grevvity (Post 3932794)

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangalore_City_Police ,

Quote:

The jurisdiction of the Bangalore City Police is divided into seven zones — East, West, North, South, Central,South-East and North-East Each zone is further divided into three sub-divisions, each headed by an Assistant Commissioner of Police. Each sub-division consists of a number of police stations, which are headed by a Police inspector.
Try complaining and escalating the matter to the ACP for your zone. There are also contact details for Senior officers at http://www.bcp.gov.in/senior_officers_list.aspx . You can also complain to the Police Commisioner from the BCP website. Mention specifically how you are being treated as an outsider.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 3932845)
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangalore_City_Police ,

Try complaining and escalating the matter to the ACP for your zone. There are also contact details for Senior officers at http://www.bcp.gov.in/senior_officers_list.aspx . You can also complain to the Police Commisioner from the BCP website. Mention specifically how you are being treated as an outsider.

Also, check FB/twitter - you would have contact details of the ACP/Commissioner, they are very responsive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata (Post 3930445)
Readymade garments costing upto Rs. 5000 is taxed at 5% and over the said amount is taxed at 12.5%.

Is the VAT levied on each garment or the total invoice amount? What I wish to clarify is that if I have 2 garments costing 5000 each that I'm giving to a retailer, do I put 5% VAT on it because each garment costs 5000 or 12.5% since the total bill is above 5000. I reckon it should be 5% but want to be sure. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69 (Post 3935840)
Is the VAT levied on each garment or the total invoice amount? What I wish to clarify is that if I have 2 garments costing 5000 each that I'm giving to a retailer, do I put 5% VAT on it because each garment costs 5000 or 12.5% since the total bill is above 5000. I reckon it should be 5% but want to be sure. :)

Yes, it is on each garment. In your above case, VAT would be at 5%.

Question for CA's:

Assesee's Form-26AS for AY 2015-16 has one entry with "O" status. Hence not file IT returns yet.

1. CA advises not to file returns in this state since it will get stuck & Assesee will ahve to run around to get it cleared.
What is the solution to get the "O" status changed to "F" ? Accountant at Assesee's office is not helping to close it, and assesee is not able to push.
2. Assesee is expecting refund. So, if Assesee does not file return by 31-March, will the return be denied ?

Note:
atleast 2 others in the same office have the same problem as "O". They have filed, but IT dept has not yet responded to their returns.
(Note 1a - these two assesee's are not expecting refunds :) )

Recently I recieved an email Income tax CPC. The mail reads as below

"Defaults have been identified in the Regular statement filed by you for Acknowledgement Number ABxxxxxx and processed by ITD u/s 200A."

Can someone guide me as to what this could be about and how should i proceed with it. The mail does not state which financial year this regarding nor does it give me any other information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotorhead (Post 3938428)
Recently I recieved an email Income tax CPC. The mail reads as below

"Defaults have been identified in the Regular statement filed by you for Acknowledgement Number ABxxxxxx and processed by ITD u/s 200A."

Can someone guide me as to what this could be about and how should i proceed with it. The mail does not state which financial year this regarding nor does it give me any other information.

Is this complete content of the email? Was there any attachment like challan, etc., to the email? What are your sources of income like salaries, interest, house rent, etc.? This intimation is generally sent when there is a default by the collector of tax at source like employers, etc in remitting the tax so deducted. Any way, you can log onto http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in using your logon credentials and see if there is any pending action against your login.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gokrish (Post 3938672)
Is this complete content of the email? Was there any attachment like challan, etc., to the email? ...

Hi gokrish. Yes there is an attachment , however to open it i need to enter the "date of payment / Credit" as password to open the pdf. Since i have no idea for which financial year this intimation is about, so not able to open the attachment

Besides as i checked in the website mentioned by you, there is no pending action against my login, making it even more confusing. The worst part is that I registered in traces website as suggested in the mail and when I tried logging in, it is just not accepting the password and locked me out. I am pretty sure I have the password right. The error says "retry after 1 hour" but it has been 3 days and it still gives the same error every time i try to log in.

I tried mailing and calling the support team mentioned in the website, but so far no response. I am appalled by the kind of software these guys use for something that is so Important to citizens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyth78 (Post 3928061)
Please refer Section 63, 63 1A, 63A, 64 & 65 of the Bombay Tenancy & Agricultural Lands Act, 1948. Though the sale of agricultural land in favour of non-agriculturist is barred under Section 63 of the said Act. However, District Collector / Revenue Officer authorized by Government in this behalf may grant permission for such sale under certain conditions.

In your case, as the Company will continue to carry agricultural activities in the land, sale permission may be easily obtained. Hope the Company's MoA&AoA refers agricultural activities as a primary object.

You may would like to consult a real estate lawyer dealing with such property transactions further on this.

Thanks - how about giving the agri land to company on a long term lease? Would that route be easier?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotorhead (Post 3938725)
The error says "retry after 1 hour" but it has been 3 days and it still gives the same error every time i try to log in.

I tried mailing and calling the support team mentioned in the website, but so far no response. I am appalled by the kind of software these guys use for something that is so Important to citizens.

Send an email to validate@incometaxindia.gov.in with details like PAN, name and mailing address, DOB, and father's name.

Does your online banking allow you to view your tax credit statements like 26AS and if yes, try to view it online and find if there is any discrepancy in tax remittance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69 (Post 3935840)

In the recently presented Delhi Budget 2016-17, there is a proposal to reduce the VAT rate of all readymade garments from 12.5% to 5%. Check with your local consultant on the effective date of this change.

Question for CAs

I have sold my ESOPs as part of the monetizing event in the company. The ESOPs were in USD

The balance $$ that were earned were converted into Rs and TDS deducted at source.
Unfortunately the TDS was deducted at at higher exchange rate than the Rs amount paid to us. This has resulted in higher TDS being paid by us (~30K)
We are now being asked by our HR to claim Capital Gains loss at the time of filing IT returns and get the reimbursement

- Shouldnt this be part of the Payroll TDS itself
- What documents will be required claim Capital Gains loss and get a reimbursement
- Is the process simple enough or will I need to go thru the hoops
- Which IT form will I need to fill up (I have been using Saral till date)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata (Post 3941308)
In the recently presented Delhi Budget 2016-17, there is a proposal to reduce the VAT rate of all readymade garments from 12.5% to 5%. Check with your local consultant on the effective date of this change.

Thanks!! :) Came across it on fb yesterday and was asking the same question myself, when is it effective from. Will be reaching out to my CA to get this information, thanks again!