Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2017, 15:55   #196
Team-BHP Support

Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
If Company B is providing a service against repayment/ interest portion, the debt will/ should be considered as its turnover. It's pretty straightforward, isn't it?
Ok, I realise how it can all get confusing to the auditor. Better to avoid it.
Old 9th March 2017, 00:04   #197
Senior - BHPian

A small query : Can the bank charge penalty in form of charges for non maintenance of minimum balance ?

Bank is HDFC, they are charging me for non maintenance of minimum balance. This is a dormant account. Should have closed it down.
No written statement or anything, not even an email on this charge, but just an via SMS.

Right now, I am planning to put around Rs. 30K from my other bank account into this HDFC account, but just want to know if I can be charged for this.
Old 9th March 2017, 01:40   #198
BHPian

Hi everyone, need advice on this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
My friend started a Boutique 3yrs back, and had been operating her business from home and the financial transactions from her family's savings accounts (since it was a very small business initially).

This new CA says that she should've instead filed Returns under Form 4S where she could've claimed Presumptive Net Profits under Section 44AD at just 8% of turnover (even though it was much much higher) & calculated tax based on that.

And now he has asked her to decide if she wants to apply for filing revised returns with the beneficial provisions of 44AD & claim refund (of almost 70-80% of amount earlier paid). But he senses a great deal of risk of scrutiny by AO on the earlier voluntarily self declared returns and that since she made a few FDs, they would be considered as her income & it might complicate the matter adversely.

She's again asking for advice on filing for revised returns, but I don't know much about this & any risks. What should I suggest ?

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 9th March 2017 at 01:42.
Old 9th March 2017, 15:04   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Hi everyone, need advice on this :
Presumptive income is a boon for small trading business, especially where input costs are low.

The CA is right in saying that revising previous year returns might not lead to actual cash refund since the department will try and raise new issues to set it off. But if her receipts and expenses are documented and bonafide, go ahead and revise the return and let the CA represent her in the department. If the refund is substantial, it might be worth the risk.
Old 10th March 2017, 12:12   #200
BHPian

If the savings is substantial then she can move to presumptive profits. I've filed income under 44AD for the past year but I am planning to file normal profit/loss this year. The issue with 44AD is that you cannot claim depreciation benefits. I am planning to buy e2o Electric car and presumptive income will not allow me to claim the 80% depreciation benefit available for electric vehicles.
Old 14th March 2017, 16:32   #201
BHPian

I have an old unused scooty which is in good condition. Its more than 15 years old. Since it is barely used I dont have a Fitness Certificate to go along with it.
My maid has requested that she wants to use it for short drives around her house.
I doubt that she will get an FC done and I dont have the time to run pillar to post in RTO office for the same.
If I give it to her for personal use, what precautions should I take (affidavit etc)
Old 15th March 2017, 20:43   #202
Senior - BHPian

If my maternal grandfather decides to loan me 30-40 lakhs for a house costing 1.1 Cr then what's the most legal way to do it. Does he simply write me a cheque or are there better ways of managing it? I'm not asking for any illegal route but something that spares unnecessary scrutiny by tax officials.
Old 15th March 2017, 22:45   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
If my maternal grandfather decides to loan me 30-40 lakhs for a house costing 1.1 Cr then what's the most legal way to do it. Does he simply write me a cheque or are there better ways of managing it? I'm not asking for any illegal route but something that spares unnecessary scrutiny by tax officials.
It should be fine, although a scrutiny can't be ruled out altogether. Just keep a track of his incomes and ensure it's all tax paid, and proof of your purchase of house showing the use.

Some gifts and advances within family are taxable, but as far as I remember maternal grandfather isn't covered.
Old 16th March 2017, 13:39   #204
Senior - BHPian

My wife runs a garment business and has a TIN number. Can I sell certain electronic or other category products online using the same TIN number?
Old 2nd May 2017, 13:26   #205
BHPian

Re: Pre-Nuptial Agreement?

Would Pre-Nuptial Agreements help in resolving any issues arising post marriage? Would this stand the scrutiny of courts?

Seems lately, many are opting for this agreement during planning of marriage. This would be for one of my relative planning for his marriage in B'lore.

Please advise.
Old 2nd May 2017, 13:48   #206
BHPian

Re: Pre-Nuptial Agreement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Would Pre-Nuptial Agreements help in resolving any issues arising post marriage? Would this stand the scrutiny of courts?

Seems lately, many are opting for this agreement during planning of marriage. This would be for one of my relative planning for his marriage in B'lore.

Please advise.
A pre-nuptial agreement is not a valid contract under Indian law.

Best,
Enigmatic
Old 9th May 2017, 11:41   #207
BHPian

Re: Sister as Joint-Owner of our property?

My father gifted our property at JP Nagar in my name in 2004, so that I can mortgage, raise loans and do a reconstruction of our house. This was done, so as to eliminate the registration expenses of property transfer.

Now, would like to know whether I can add my sister as co-owner/joint-owner for the property without incurring much of the registration cost.

Please advise.
Old 3rd June 2017, 11:52   #208
Senior - BHPian

If I purchase a flat that has only 1 parking in the registry, what is the most legal way to purchase another and get it in the registry.

One of the options suggested to me was that I should ask the current owner to get the second parking allotted to him since he had directly purchased the flat from the builder and now with the new allotment I can get both the parkings in the registry. Does it work like that?
Old 28th June 2017, 18:10   #209
Senior - BHPian

Hi Lawyers, need some advice.

I am in the process of doing agreement with my builder in Mumbai. The builder is a reputed one.

However, in the agreement, the builder is not adding the clause of compensation due to delay in the possession.

All my conversations with the builder team is going in vain.

What should be the next step on this ?

Also, can anyone refer me to any good real estate lawyer please ?
Old 28th June 2017, 18:19   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
If I purchase a flat that has only 1 parking in the registry, what is the most legal way to purchase another and get it in the registry.

One of the options suggested to me was that I should ask the current owner to get the second parking allotted to him since he had directly purchased the flat from the builder and now with the new allotment I can get both the parkings in the registry. Does it work like that?
Hey, are you also on IREF forums with the ID - Fireheart? I read a similar query there, specifically regarding the society named Utopia in Noida.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks