Team-BHP - 3D computer modelled cars, bikes etc (3DS, Maya etc)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   3D computer modelled cars, bikes etc (3DS, Maya etc) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/12965-3d-computer-modelled-cars-bikes-etc-3ds-maya-etc-6.html)

WOW!!!
Simply Awsome.

I didn't know that Computer Softwares could create such realistic renderings.

And Hats off to Pantural.
I feel if this guy can take 110 days alone to make a 5min movie just imagine what could he do if he is provided the required support.

I would love to see a full action,car related movie done completely by him.

has anybody done Fiat UNO in 3Ds max.
my friend wants to see the stripes before actual painting takes place.

Thread title says "etc" so here goes some i did for a friend quite some time ago.

I was browsing through the digital artwork thread when i realized that this thread existed and boy i was thrilled !
:Cheering:
Great work guys.
I never expected a thread like this on this forum.
So this is from me to all you Audi TT fans out there.
This was modeled about 4 years back. This image is a fresh render which i did only after seeing this thread.

I have a question. Are person to person courses better than online tutorials?

I have mostly learnt my stuff from Lynda.com tutorials. There's also this website CG ACADEMY CG Academy Training DVDs which has a very good and exhaustive tutorials regarding all sorts of 3D modelling and rigging and following specific workflows, I have found that to be the best provider of DIY at home tutorials.

Straight Answer - Depends on the person you find as your tutor.
If he has any kind of real 3d production experience you are blessed. It will be very hard to find those..
Most of the tutors in the institutes in India have zero production experience.
There are courses in universities abroad who do a good job, like Vancover Film School, VanArts, CalArts, Gnomon etc (to name a few on the famous ones)
But if you are self motivated you can learn a lot from the tutorials you find on the inetrnet. Try tutorials from Gnomon, Fxphd, Eat3D etc.. they will be of great help.
Enjoy 3D !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ (Post 2591742)
Straight Answer - Depends on the person you find as your tutor.
If he has any kind of real 3d production experience you are blessed. It will be very hard to find those..
Most of the tutors in the institutes in India have zero production experience.
There are courses in universities abroad who do a good job, like Vancover Film School, VanArts, CalArts, Gnomon etc (to name a few on the famous ones)
But if you are self motivated you can learn a lot from the tutorials you find on the inetrnet. Try tutorials from Gnomon, Fxphd, Eat3D etc.. they will be of great help.
Enjoy 3D !!

I've a question for you sir.
What is your system configuration for 3d work?
My rendering times are very slow :Frustrati
I use my laptop with onboard gfx card for modelling in 3d. I know I need better systems but noone has yet been able to clarify much about the sytem specs. Some say to get the Quadro GFX card, some say Geforce GFX is sufficient.
What is your suggestion? For the processor and the GFX card and a system as a whole? please:

Thanks in advance

The system I use at work is a dual zeon processor with 12 gb ram and a 2 gb nvidia quadro graphics card . This is a system which is stable and good for quality production. For home use any of the new i5 or i7 processors are enough. As for graphic cards the quadro ones are good for production and the gforce fx ones are good for gaming. The catch is that the price range of a quadro starts where the best gforce fx ones start. For home use and practice gforce fx will be good enough. The quadro ones are good while handling huge 3d sets with a truck load of huge textures.

Chevy camaro. This is something which i rendered in maya 2009 (3d model rendered in mental ray). hope this belongs in this thread as this is also a form of digital art. otherwise moderators kindly shift this to where it belongs! thank you.

rOaD AsSaSin!!: That looks great.

Thanks for moving the post rehaan sir. well took out one more render in my free time, guys take a look and feel free to comment. the second one is the same render with more Post editing done!

Well a few more renders i did for my practice and portfolio. Enjoy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rOaD AsSaSin!! (Post 2662529)
Well a few more renders i did for my practice and portfolio. Enjoy.

WoW!!

Great models mate.
The rendering is also great.
Love the way you shot the pics.
Waiting to see more :)

@road assasin
Excellent work!

Posting a 3D Rhino from me. Rendered in Mental ray, All model and texture work from Modo.
3D computer modelled cars, bikes etc (3DS, Maya etc)-5710810391_f2dd13ea60_b.jpg
Cheers!

Thanks a lot SRK and Torqueguru its good to hear from the pros.:D well this car crazy hobby of mine has made me improve my work and i love rendering some of the cars which are my favorites. Will Keep on posting new renders soon.

And torqueguru have seen your earlier work in the PS segment and this rhino is quite rendered well i must say. good job on the ears.