Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 09:56   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
My son's name in his birth certificate goes like R.A.XXXXX, where R stands for my name and A for my wife's. How should the surname field be filled in the passport application? should it have both my name and hers or is there any restrictions on the same?
It should be exactly the same as the birth certificate.
Old 19th April 2016, 14:47   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
My son's name in his birth certificate goes like R.A.XXXXX, where R stands for my name and A for my wife's. How should the surname field be filled in the passport application? should it have both my name and hers or is there any restrictions on the same?
You have to expand the names for the passport. You cannot insert as initials in passport.

What I would suggest is to expand the name at school as well. As a result, the name that ends up in the board exam certificates match the passport.

Ideally as phamillyman says, the names in passport and birth certificate should match. Unfortunately, we have this tradition of having initials and expanded names especially in TN
Old 12th May 2016, 11:15   #168
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Very useful thread, thanks to the original poster and all others who have contributed, really helps!

For children, do not forget the Annexure H and self attest it (by parent).

My recent experience is detailed - here
Old 18th July 2016, 10:34   #169
BHPian

This might be a Chennai/Bangalore specific question.

Applying for passport for my three year old in Bangalore : she was born in Chennai, and the way Birth Certificates issued generally, you download it from the Chennai corporation's website - that electronically downloaded document has the sign/seal and has the rider that it's an electronically downloaded document and needs no signature etc.

The question now is if they will accept this as the "original birthcertificate" at the Bangalore PSK... I have called the toll free number of the passport call center, and they sounded doubtful and asked me to call the local PSK ( which I will ), meanwhile, posting here as this would be a fairly common Chennai-Bangalore situation.

Ps let me know if the downloaded/printed document will be accepted by the Bangalore PSK.

Also, should the name of the wife on the kid's birth certificate match exactly with the name on the wife's passport ? ( i.e. surname vs initials etc )

Thank you.

Last edited by airguitar : 18th July 2016 at 10:47.
Old 18th July 2016, 12:38   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Applying for passport for my three year old in Bangalore : she was born in Chennai, and the way Birth Certificates issued generally, you download it from the Chennai corporation's website - that electronically downloaded document has the sign/seal and has the rider that it's an electronically downloaded document and needs no signature etc.
You will need your child's birth certificate for many things in his life. I somehow doubt a printout from a website will suffice. It doesn't sound right somehow.

Please check with the Chennai municipal corporation- am sure there is some physical backup to the online entry.
Old 18th July 2016, 13:27   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ps let me know if the downloaded/printed document will be accepted by the Bangalore PSK.
Have you not got the Aadhar card for your child? Passport office accept this as the proof of age, address, photo id. Very helpful document.

I recently got the passport renewed for my Son in Thane. Just carried the originals and attested copies and that's it. Received the passport in 4 days.
Old 18th July 2016, 13:50   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This might be a Chennai/Bangalore specific question..
This is what the instruction booklet says:

Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*-dob.jpg

So, I think that a printout should suffice.

However, if you can manage it, a birth certificate with a municipality stamp and signature would be better. So, if they are reluctant to issue one, then take a printout from the website and request them to at least endorse that copy with their stamp/signature.
Old 20th July 2016, 17:14   #173
BHPian

Got it done with that printout/download. They were OK with the paperwork : I had

a) My passport, with wife's name endorsed : Original + Self-attested copy
b) Wife's passport : Original + attested copy, attested by wife
c) A color photograph, passport sized, of the kid
d) Print out of the birth certificate , attested by any one parent
e) Appointment slip

The kid, wife and I were physically present. It was a breeze and all formalities over in 20 minutes flat.

Thanks for the responses, some answers inline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
You will need your child's birth certificate for many things in his life. I somehow doubt a printout from a website will suffice. It doesn't sound right somehow.

Please check with the Chennai municipal corporation- am sure there is some physical backup to the online entry.

Exactly my thoughts earlier. But after thinking about it much, the sheet says that information can be validated using the Chennai corporation website. So that somewhat takes care of the disconnect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Have you not got the Aadhar card for your child? Passport office accept this as the proof of age, address, photo id. Very helpful document.

I recently got the passport renewed for my Son in Thane. Just carried the originals and attested copies and that's it. Received the passport in 4 days.
Not yet, but very soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
This is what the instruction booklet says:

Attachment 1530602

So, I think that a printout should suffice.

However, if you can manage it, a birth certificate with a municipality stamp and signature would be better. So, if they are reluctant to issue one, then take a printout from the website and request them to at least endorse that copy with their stamp/signature.
Yeah, that's what I did finally ( not that I had any other option at the last minute ), and they accepted it.

Last edited by airguitar : 20th July 2016 at 17:17.
Old 4th October 2016, 16:30   #174
BHPian

One of my friend who's a divorcee is looking for some suggestions to get her daughter's passport renewed, please help:

1. Recently there was a ruling by the Delhi HC that father's name is not mandatory for passport, does this ruling apply in Bangalore too (I Know passport is central govt dept, but looking for confirmation).

2. The above ruling mentions "unwed mothers, sex workers, surrogate mothers, rape survivors, children abandoned by father and also children born through IVF (in vitro fertilisation) technology", but no where it mentions about the divorced parent.

3. In my friend's situation, the kid's father has visiting rights (am sure if the her kid would fall under "children abandoned by father" as mentioned above), but in the last 2yrs he hasnt even answered his kid's phone call, let alone visiting.

Any assitance related the above points and additional information is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Rajesh
Old 8th October 2016, 22:40   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Got it done with that printout/download. They were OK with the paperwork : I had

a) My passport, with wife's name endorsed : Original + Self-attested copy
b) Wife's passport : Original + attested copy, attested by wife
c) A color photograph, passport sized, of the kid
d) Print out of the birth certificate , attested by any one parent
e) Appointment slip

The kid, wife and I were physically present. It was a breeze and all formalities over in 20 minutes flat.

We had all the the above and all went well, till we reached the last counter, where the officer pointed out a correction in a spelling.

Had to go back to counter A where the correction was done. Being lunch time we had to wait for 30 minutes from 1.30 to 2 pm. (Try taking an early appointment, so as not to get stuck during lunch time if any corrections need to be made.)

Papers submitted at 2 pm and we were out of the Pune PSK. Passport received in 4 days. Overall nice experience.
Old 12th October 2016, 19:30   #176
Senior - BHPian

Heading to the PSK tomorrow for my son's passport. He is 5.

The address on my passport and my wife's is different. I got mine from Cochin and my wife's is registered to our Bangalore house. We rent. We are carrying BSNL phone bills, Canara Bank Pass Book and Airtel phone bills as address proof. Birth certificate too. Will this suffice?
Old 14th October 2016, 09:49   #177
Senior - BHPian

Following up on my last post^^. My sons passport application went well and we were in and out in 20 minutes. It was only the wait outside the passport office, which was close to two hours, because we reached way too early. We opted for the tatkal quota. All they looked at was our passports and the birth certificate and Annexure H. We carried a whole lot of other documents such as multiple address proof's, etc, from experience of my wife's passport renewal, which took 3 attempts!
Old 14th October 2016, 10:04   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Following up on my last post^^. My sons passport application went well and we were in and out in 20 minutes. It was only the wait outside the passport office, which was close to two hours, because we reached way too early. We opted for the tatkal quota. All they looked at was our passports and the birth certificate and Annexure H. We carried a whole lot of other documents such as multiple address proof's, etc, from experience of my wife's passport renewal, which took 3 attempts!
I had to go twice for my daughter. My overconfidence basically. it was a renewal, no address change, same address on my wife's and my passport. So assumed that the Annexure H is not needed. The website also mentions it as conditional. Only I went with my daughter. Was told that Annexure H is mandatory and both parents have to sign. They did process counter A and sent us back from counter B with a new appointment given for the next day.

Went smooth the second time. Both times was out in 20-25 min. Got the passport in a couple of days. Normal and not Tatkal.
Old 17th October 2016, 13:16   #179
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am planning to travel to uae in a couple of weeks, Along with my sister and her 3 year old, I am unsure if any documents or letter will be required by her husband since he is not travelling along?

Can anybody please confirm if its fine for the child to travel with one of her parent, Names and passports are all updated.

I hope this is the relevant thread to ask, I could not find any other thread.
Old 17th October 2016, 14:25   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Guys, I am planning to travel to uae in a couple of weeks, Along with my sister and her 3 year old, I am unsure if any documents or letter will be required by her husband since he is not travelling along?

Can anybody please confirm if its fine for the child to travel with one of her parent, Names and passports are all updated.

I hope this is the relevant thread to ask, I could not find any other thread.
Not an expert, but personally think that nothing of that is neeeded. As long as the child has a passport and the right visa, parents presence should not matter. My sisters kids travelled as unaccompanied minors to India and back a few years back. Only difference was that parents were working in Dubai.

Most Viewed