Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2017, 19:37   #181
BHPian

Re: Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*

Hello members!

Planning to get passport for our 4-month old baby. Had some doubts, would appreciate if someone can pitch in with his/her experience!

1) My wife and I, both have our names endorsed in each other's passports.

2) We renewed our passports an year back, and carry the same address (Gujarat).

3) Our Aadhar cards too carry the same address as in pt. 2 above.

4) The baby was born in Bangalore, and the birth certificate clearly states that (of course!). It also states the address (Bangalore) that the parents were residing at "at the time of birth of the child".

5) My wife & baby, both are currently in Gujarat, so while filling the passport application I plan on giving the same address (pt. 2 above) as the "Current Address".

Now, the question -

I wish to have the same address as us (pt. 2 above) on our baby's passport (not Bangalore). Will there be any issue since the birth certificate shows Bangalore, and further also states that the parents were in Bangalore during the birth of their child?

Thanks for reading!
Old 9th June 2017, 20:56   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Now, the question -
I wish to have the same address as us (pt. 2 above) on our baby's passport (not Bangalore).
I don’t think there will be any issue. A minor passport is issued only on parent’s valid passport. Exact data will be copied to minor’s passport from parent’s passport. If you can carry any docs indicating your purpose of visit to Bangalore, may help. Hope you are applying in Gujrat and not in Bangalore. Both parents must be present on the interview day. Remember parent’s passports are the main docs required for a minor passport. Hope you are now residing in Gujrat.

Cheers.
Old 9th June 2017, 20:57   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Hello members!

Planning to get passport for our 4-month old baby. Had some doubts,.....

Now, the question -

I wish to have the same address as us (pt. 2 above) on our baby's passport (not Bangalore).

Thanks for reading!

Your baby's passport will have your Gujarat residential Adhar Card address. Does not matter if the birth certificate is from Banglore.
All your documents are in order.
Carry all the originals.
Old 9th June 2017, 21:24   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
I don’t think there will be any issue. A minor passport is issued only on parent’s valid passport. Exact data will be copied to minor’s passport from parent’s passport. If you can carry any docs indicating your purpose of visit to Bangalore, may help. Hope you are applying in Gujrat and not in Bangalore. Both parents must be present on the interview day. Remember parent’s passports are the main docs required for a minor passport. Hope you are now residing in Gujrat.

Cheers.
Thank you!

For the 3 highlighted sentences -

1) I stay in Bangalore since 10 years.

2) Yes, I am applying in Gujarat, and my wife & I, both would be accompanying the minor.

3) No, I work in Bangalore. Currently, my wife & baby are in Gujarat.

For pt. 1 & 3 above - We stay at a rented accomodation. Given the importance attached to the Passport & Aadhar card, I have always ensured they carry my permanent address.

The document basically becomes redundant (in serving it's purpose as an address proof) if the details in it are no longer relevant (i.e. if I change a house in Bangalore)

If at all I have my own house, I shall change the addresses on these 2 docs.

Please let me know if you have anything to say now that I have provided additional details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
Your baby's passport will have your Gujarat residential Adhar Card address. Does not matter if the birth certificate is from Banglore.
All your documents are in order.
Carry all the originals.
Thank you!

I do have BSNL telephone bill, SBT account(now, SBI), HP gas connection and IT Returns form - all indicating my current address in Bangalore - just that I don't want to involve Bangalore address in the passport & Aadhar card for the 3 of us!

I hope the passports and Aadhar card for both the parents are enough!

I am just worried about one question - "Parents passports and Aadhar cards carry local address, and the baby was born in Bangalore. So where are you guys actually staying?". I know it's not their business, but you never know with whom are you going to deal on the day of the appointment!

Will the answer "I stay in Bangalore, but the family stays in Gujarat. They were here just for the delivery." suffice?

Last edited by Safety is Param : 9th June 2017 at 21:27.
Old 17th July 2017, 19:04   #185
BHPian

Hello members! Sharing an update on my previous posts # 181 & 184.

The passport application for our minor son went smoothly.

No questions asked on his place of birth vs. parents' current location, etc.

Applied on Tuesday and received the passport on Friday!

Thanks for all the tips!
Old 22nd September 2017, 17:34   #186
BHPian

Hello all,

My wife and I have applied and taken appointment next week to visit PSK to get minor passport for our 5.5-year-old daughter. Both of us parents will be going to PSK and both of us have valid passports and each other's name is endorsed in each other's passports as spouses. Address is same in both our passports. I work in a private MNC.

Both my wife and I will be giving consent for the issue of minor passport. The passport website lists Annexure D to be filled in and submitted. However, some members here mention submitting Annexure H. My question is, in my case, should I include Annexure D or Annexure H? Grateful if someone can explain this.

Thank you.
Old 29th September 2017, 20:30   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
Hello all,

Both my wife and I will be giving consent for the issue of minor passport. The passport website lists Annexure D to be filled in and submitted. However, some members here mention submitting Annexure H. My question is, in my case, should I include Annexure D or Annexure H? Grateful if someone can explain this.

Thank you.
Update on our situation:
We visited the PSK on Sep 26 and completed the formalities and they took Annexure D. We received the passport on Sep 28.
Old 22nd December 2017, 23:26   #188
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to apply passport for our 8 month old baby at Bangalore. We have not endorsed mine or my wife's passports name into each other. The address in both of our passports is no more the present address, and we no more stay there. We are at a new address and want the baby's passport address to be this new one.
What can we provide as address proof? My bank statement would suffice?
Old 14th January 2018, 00:04   #189
Senior - BHPian

Applied and got the passport for my 8 month old son at Bangalore PSK.
I have not endorsed my spouse's name in my passport and neither mine in her's, and both of us had a different address that we currently live at.

Documents needed:
Birth certificate of baby
Marriage certificate
Present address proof (Bank statement)
One Photo

Applied on on 4-Jan and got the passport on 13 Jan under normal process. There was police verification too.
Old 14th January 2018, 20:06   #190
BHPian

I also applied for my 3.5 year old daughter's passport under tatkal scheme at PSK in Mumbai. Me and my wife have each other's name endorsed on our passports. The only documents I submitted was my daughter's birth certificate and me and my wife's passport copies.

I came out of PSK at 11:30 am , got the SMS that passport was approved at 11:35 am, got another sms that passport was dispatched at 12:30 pm and received the passport in hand next day at 04:00 pm . Delivered within 17 hrs. Superb service by PSK at Mumbai. Very much appreciated. Credit where it is due.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 7th February 2018, 11:08   #191
BHPian

What are the documents needed for endorsing spouse's name on passport?

Do I have to take a normal appointment?

Also I am planning to get it done on my wife's passport as of now. But she is not at Bangalore, is she required to be present for this? Or can I get it done myself, if my wife sends attested documents over mail to me?

Also this endorsing thing - does it mean we will get a new passport? Or is it some kind of stamp? How much time does it take to get it done?

Last edited by jphukan : 7th February 2018 at 11:12. Reason: Adding another question
Old 7th February 2018, 11:24   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
What are the documents needed for endorsing spouse's name on passport?
Hi there! As this thread is specific to an infant's/minor's passport application, you could try searching for the info you need in this thread instead:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...edure-161.html

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 18th May 2018, 14:32   #193
Senior - BHPian

Need a few inputs, applying a passport for my 1-month-old.

1. On the portal under educational qualification available is 7th pass or less, is that the right category?
2. Non-ECR check will be yes the child is a dependent of parents who are both income tax payers, correct?
3. For the documents, there seems to be some confusion in the requirements. Here's my situation-
a) Wife's name is endorsed in my passport, but my name is not on her passport
b) I am not in the country and the address on my passport is not valid anymore as that was our rental accommodation at the time of renewal of my passport 2 years back
c) Proof of address will be my wife's Aadhar which is where she is currently residing the same is on her passport as well
d) Signed Annexure D is available
e) Copies of my passport self-attested are available

Do we still need to get my wife's passport endorsed as she will be the principal applicant of my child's passport?
Old 22nd May 2018, 15:11   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Need a few inputs, applying a passport for my 1-month-old.

1. On the portal under educational qualification available is 7th pass or less, is that the right category?
2. Non-ECR check will be yes the child is a dependent of parents who are both income tax payers, correct?
3. For the documents, there seems to be some confusion in the requirements. Here's my situation-
a) Wife's name is endorsed in my passport, but my name is not on her passport
b) I am not in the country and the address on my passport is not valid anymore as that was our rental accommodation at the time of renewal of my passport 2 years back
c) Proof of address will be my wife's Aadhar which is where she is currently residing the same is on her passport as well
d) Signed Annexure D is available
e) Copies of my passport self-attested are available

Do we still need to get my wife's passport endorsed as she will be the principal applicant of my child's passport?

Sorry bumping up my old post!

Anyone else been through the same situation or has an idea about the documents?
Old 4th June 2018, 15:19   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Sorry bumping up my old post!

Anyone else been through the same situation or has an idea about the documents?

Alright, I thought I'll update the thread with my experience if someone is in the same situation as me.

Wife was present at the passport application centre on time. The whole process went through quite smoothly and rapidly.

There was no need to get my wife's passport updated with my name endorsed as my passport had the name endorsed. Wife's passport and Aadhar were accepted as proofs along with a copy of my passport and signed Annexure-D.

Passport arrived within 4 days of applying for it.

It is a pity though that even a 45-day old baby needs to be physically present at the centre for collecting biometrics. But on the whole thanks to the centres being much more efficient now, the whole entry to exit process was done in under 40 minutes so we didn't have any troubles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks