Team-BHP - Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here* (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/129950-applying-infant-minors-passport-details-here-15.html)

Guidance on Documentation for Minor Passport ;

Appreciate help in correct documentation for kids : Re-issue

1. Is it Annexure D or H which needs to be signed by parents

2. Kids Aadhar list current address, but the expired PP does not. Even parents Aadhar lists current address. Do we need Bank statement to prove the current address of parents ?

3. Are marriage certificate and birth certificates required for Re-issue of kids passport ?

Thanks a ton for help

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambuhere1 (Post 4550699)
1. Is it Annexure D or H which needs to be signed by parents

I am renewing my kid's passport and have taken appointment. I got confused as well because the first time I had given Annexure H but this time it is Annexure D

Quote:

2. Kids Aadhar list current address, but the expired PP does not. Even parents Aadhar lists current address. Do we need Bank statement to prove the current address of parents ?

All they have asked is parent's passport as address proof. So I am giving my wife's passport copy which has correct address.

Quote:

3. Are marriage certificate and birth certificates required for Re-issue of kids passport ?

Birth certificate. We (my wife and I) have our names endorsed in each others passport. The same is also mentioned in the application that has been submitted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltoLXI (Post 4550711)
All they have asked is parent's passport as address proof. So I am giving my wife's passport copy which has correct address.

Thanks for the kind reply.

Challenge we are facing is that in both parents PP, address is different from the current address.

Trying to find a solution.

Off Topic : De-lamination Services for Documents

Apologies for being off topic.

Was wondering if anyone is aware of de-lamination services in BLR. Few certificates of mine which are more than 30 years old, have the plastic worn out in a few places. Probably because of the quality of plastic sheet at last generation.

Would love to remove the lamination so that there is no damage to the original documents.

Understand that for visa applications, the originals needs to be submitted without lamination.

Any Pointers are highly appreciated

Cross posting from the Passport renewal thread as it is more suited here.

Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*-screen-shot-20190301-07.57.42.png

Link to the post : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4548024

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambuhere1 (Post 4552189)
Off Topic : De-lamination Services for Documents

Was wondering if anyone is aware of de-lamination services in BLR.

I am not sure which area you are looking for here but since you have mentioned its for passport and considering lalbagh PSK nearest I can suggest the ones located on JC Road. At the corner of first signal (siddaiah road junction) there are two shops which would do the de-lamination. Refer Union bank of India in the screenshot below.

Got my two-month old daughter's passport done yesterday. Appointments for normal schedule weren't available easily so took Tatkaal.

The challenge in the whole process was taking a picture; until kids turn 4, we have to carry passport size pictures. We weren't keen on taking her to the photo studio so asked if any of them would come home. None were; but our regular shop suggested clicking a picture of her at home (while she's lying down on a white background) and getting it there for print. So, tried that exercise; wasn't quite easy considering how much she moved her head. Had to get a normal expression, looking straight into the camera and straight head (ears visible). Got one out of 20 that worked.

Took along:
1) Passport and copy of passport: wife and mine
2) Copy of Aadhar: wife and mine
3) Birth certificate: original and copy
4) Annexure D

All three of us visited; at the token counter, we were asked to go meet APO first (since we'd taken Tatkaal). Here, we spent an hour in the queue; which is why I feel we should have taken a normal appointment.

APO checked both our passports, saw each other's names added as spouses, same address on both passports and to be on daughter's and since we were both present, said they'd do it in Tatkaal. Some people were denied Tatkaal and were told it'd be done in normal processing.

Then went through A-B-C. I must admit, people at each counter were very accommodating and patient. The three counters took about 15min and we were through.

The PSK in Pune has a child care room; small but functional. It was of immense help. I cannot imagine going through this process with a baby, say last decade knowing our infrastructure.

Got a message that the passport was sent for printing by 5pm same day and was delivered at 3pm the next day.

Fly in the ointment: postwoman asked for bakshish. She had done so last month as well when my passport was delivered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambuhere1 (Post 4550802)
Thanks for the kind reply.

Challenge we are facing is that in both parents PP, address is different from the current address.

Trying to find a solution.

Dear lambuhere1, have you able to find a solution?

I have similar situation. I have to apply for renewal of passport for my son. We all (including my son) have Aadhaar with our current address and I have other document proof too for our current address.But our passports have different address.

Do they demand for parent' passport to be in current address?

After taking an online appointment, can we just walk in to the PSK at any time for minors' and senior citizens' applications? This facility was there some years ago, but had heard that it was discontinued. Would appreciate clarity if anyone has done this recently.

Cheers,
Vikram

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolRider (Post 4704073)
I have to apply for renewal of passport for my son. We all (including my son) have Aadhaar with our current address and I have other document proof too for our current address.But our passports have different address.

Should not be an issue, worst case scenario, they will simply go for police verification at all addresses however since all your aadhar cards mention your current address, police verification at your present address along with photograph of two neighbors and their ID proofs will suffice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb (Post 4732196)
After taking an online appointment, can we just walk in to the PSK at any time for minors' and senior citizens' applications?

Ideally you can walk in anytime after your slot be it with or without minors/senior citizen however they have every right to refuse you service in case you miss the appointment even if you are with minors/senior citizen. So do visit during your slot only however in case due to exigency you are a bit late, i doubt they will create much hassle if you are with a baby or senior citizen.

PS - I have recently applied and received passport for my 5 months old baby and had different addresses on passports and aadhaar of baby / self and wife. SO the above is based on personal experience.

I got my son's passport done through the Normal route in December. I specifically wanted my wife's address in his Passport because it is the latest one. I filled up the same address in the form online. The process at PSK was a breeze and we were done with all the counters in less than 30 minutes. Our appointment was at 4.30pm. The passport was delivered in the same week a couple of days later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roamer012 (Post 4732339)
Ideally you can walk in anytime after your slot be it with or without minors/senior citizen however they have every right to refuse you service in case you miss the appointment even if you are with minors/senior citizen.

Thanks a lot. I'd asked on behalf of a friend, whose wife's appointment is before his 5 year old daughter's appointment. So if they allow walk ins for minors, mostly he will club the 2 appointments.

Cheers,
Vikram

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb (Post 4732348)
So if they allow walk ins for minors, mostly he will club the 2 appointments.

Cheers,
Vikram

They no longer permit walk-ins for minors. You have to take a normal appointment for minors also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb (Post 4732196)
After taking an online appointment, can we just walk in to the PSK at any time for minors' and senior citizens' applications?

Cheers,
Vikram

No more walk ins, strictly with appointment only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roamer012 (Post 4732339)
Should not be an issue, worst case scenario, they will simply go for police verification

Slapped with a police verification.

This time PSK experience was the worst. Both B and C counter people (Govt employees) took elaborate 2 hours lunch break while most of the A counter people had their lunch over the desk. End result, by the time lunch hour was over, almost 300 backlogs at the Govt counters (my token 551 cleared from A where counter C was at 287).
Apart from a small CCD counter providing only coffee and some very expensive banana chips, there was nothing to eat. Most of the small kids were inconsolable. It was a nightmare for parents with infants.
Waiting area at B and C was not that large and people flowing in and no exit (read 2-hour lunch break) was just making the scenario worse. Took me 3 hours to clear through B and C after clearing A.

Police verification process was smooth though. Got called next morning and process done within 30 min.

One of my friend mentioned that one need not take their infant (<6 months) to PSK but can get passport request submission process completed with photo of the baby, birth certificate and other supporting documents. Is that so? I thought you have to take your infant too as they take biometrics but was not sure on the process for < 1 month baby?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 4732538)
One of my friend mentioned that one need not take their infant (<6 months)

Nope. Here's my experience for our two month old daughter, just a few posts down.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4584282