Team-BHP - Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here* (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/129950-applying-infant-minors-passport-details-here-3.html)

I am in the process of applying passport for my son who is 8 years. Came across a few doubts when filling the form.

1. 36 / 60 pages - I will apply 36 as mentioned in the champ77's post
2. Validity required - Should it be 10 years or till the kid turns 18. In case of my son he is already 8+ years. Which one I should opt for? Should I leave it blank?
3. Police station - I do not know how to get this.
4. Mobile number - Should I mention mine or leave it blank? Do I get any updates on this number?

For the documents/appointment:

1. Is marriage certificate mandatory? My wife and I both have passports with spouse name mentioned. Is it enough?
2. I will be uploading form in Normal quota and not take appointment. As I am not in hurry, I am planning to walk-in during March 1st week. Should that be fine?

I have put my answers inline :

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltoLXI (Post 3045340)
I am in the process of applying passport for my son who is 8 years. Came across a few doubts when filling the form.

1. 36 / 60 pages - I will apply 36 as mentioned in the champ77's post
2. Validity required - Should it be 10 years or till the kid turns 18. In case of my son he is already 8+ years. Which one I should opt for? Should I leave it blank?
You should leave it blank as that is for applicants of age between 15 and 18.
3. Police station - I do not know how to get this.
In the home page there is a link "Know your police station" Try it.
4. Mobile number - Should I mention mine or leave it blank? Do I get any updates on this number?
You get passport dispatch status to this mobile number. You can mention your number here
For the documents/appointment:

1. Is marriage certificate mandatory? My wife and I both have passports with spouse name mentioned. Is it enough?
Passports are enough if they already have spouse entries
2. I will be uploading form in Normal quota and not take appointment. As I am not in hurry, I am planning to walk-in during March 1st week. Should that be fine?
Should be ok

Do both the parents need to visit the PSK for a minor's passport?

I am planning to visit alone with the kid. My wife has already signed Annexure H, and self attested other documents. We both have each others spouse name endorsed on our passports. I am also carrying our marriage certificate.

So do both parents need to be present in my case?

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbookie (Post 3050390)
Do both the parents need to visit the PSK for a minor's passport?

I am planning to visit alone with the kid. My wife has already signed Annexure H, and self attested other documents. We both have each others spouse name endorsed on our passports. I am also carrying our marriage certificate.

So do both parents need to be present in my case?

No, both parents are not required, for my 5 year old daughter I alone went with her as we have a infant at home who we did not want to bother much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ascertain (Post 2983594)
Me and my wife managed to get appointments for both our children at 6:01 PM,

Thanks for the information. I am in the process of getting a passport for my 5 year old daughter. Seems like getting an appointment is a big deal. Heard horror stories of guys trying for over a month for an appointment. If irctc tatkal tickets are bad then passport appointment is worse. Let me see when I can manage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 3082305)
Thanks for the information. I am in the process of getting a passport for my 5 year old daughter. Seems like getting an appointment is a big deal. Heard horror stories of guys trying for over a month for an appointment. If irctc tatkal tickets are bad then passport appointment is worse. Let me see when I can manage.

Hello msdivy, You needn't take an appointment for a Minor's/Senior Citizen's passport. :)
You just have to fill the online application and get the ARN. Take a printout, and go to your PSK with the required documents.

Check the walk-in Appointment with Online registration in the below link
http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppO...f/Advisory.pdf

In my case, I filled the online form. As supporting documents, I took Both my wife's and my passport, as our names are endorsed as spouse in each other's passport. Attested copies of the passports. Daughter's birth certificate and a photo copy. Address proof, in our case passport was enough. also the Duly signed Affidavit H
http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppO.../AnnexureH.pdf

Minor's and Senior's passport process go in a breeze, provided you have all documents

Hope this helps. Let us know if any further info is needed.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arunshek (Post 3082532)
Hello msdivy, You needn't take an appointment for a Minor's/Senior Citizen's passport. :)

Thats great, thanks for the information. The notification says walk-in at convenience. Is any time ok? Any recommended time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 3084614)
Thats great, thanks for the information. The notification says walk-in at convenience. Is any time ok? Any recommended time?

Any time within the PSK working time is OK. But I'd recommend going at around 930am. You'll be done in 30mins. There's separate Queue for minors to collect token.

Also take passport photos of your kid. For minors, photo won't be taken at PSK

I need to apply for my son who is 1 1/2 years old now. Me and my wife have a passport, but it was taken before our marriage, so no indication of spouse details. Is this mandate for applying for my son?
Didnt find any separate link in the website for minors/infants application form. Is the form same as for adults ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arunshek (Post 3084627)
Any time within the PSK working time is OK. But I'd recommend going at around 930am. You'll be done in 30mins. There's separate Queue for minors to collect token.

Probably I went on a busy day, the whole process took 3 hours, 9:30 to 12:30. I tried for online appointment and since I couldn't get one, I walked in at 9:30. Queue was big. The person issuing the token wanted a 2nd copy of ARN. Wasted 15 minutes for photocopying, since it also had a queue. Finally got appointment at 10:30. Finished section A by 11, section B by 12 & section C by 12:30. This is for walkin, normal passport for minor. Tatkal might be faster. I guess the token codes are W (walkin), N (appointment), T (tatkal) & S (special?). W series was slowest. After 2 weeks, I got the notification is passport is dispatched.

Suggestions:
1) Carry 2 copies of ARN
2) Try to for online appointment, where you can walk in at that time. Otherwise it is at the mercy of the crowd.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 3091742)
I need to apply for my son who is 1 1/2 years old now. Me and my wife have a passport, but it was taken before our marriage, so no indication of spouse details. Is this mandate for applying for my son?

Check out the document advisory page. Fill in your requirement and it will provide the list of documents you must carry:
List of Documents Required for Fresh Passport Issuance

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 3097933)
Check out the document advisory page. Fill in your requirement and it will provide the list of documents you must carry:
List of Documents Required for Fresh Passport Issuance

I did select Minor, but the next page didnt specify anything related to my case. So selected None and the next page listed 3 documents to be submitted.

BTW, how do we get our spouse details endorsed in our passports ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 3097941)
I did select Minor, but the next page didnt specify anything related to my case. So selected None and the next page listed 3 documents to be submitted.

Only those 3 are documents required :)
Quote:

BTW, how do we get our spouse details endorsed in our passports ?
You have to apply for reissue of passport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 3097995)
Only those 3 are documents required :)
You have to apply for reissue of passport.

So the endorsement is required for applying Minor passport ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 3098846)
So the endorsement is required for applying Minor passport ?

Endorsement is not mandatory, but having it will make it faster & less questions will be asked. Otherwise you have to provide additional proof of marriage like marriage certificate or produce wedding card or any proof of wedding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 3099017)
Endorsement is not mandatory, but having it will make it faster & less questions will be asked. Otherwise you have to provide additional proof of marriage like marriage certificate or produce wedding card or any proof of wedding.

Hmm. I have my marriage certificate, should prove handy in this case. Will also try the endorsement option and choose the one which is less time consuming.