Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2014, 20:02   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Guys,

Just a query, Is police verification done for Minor's passport ? Is there an age limit after which the police verification starts ?

I need to apply for my 7 month old daughter's passport.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Nope. Since one pre-requisite is for both parents to possess valid passports, police verification is not done for the child. This is the case even if it is a brand new address (parents' addresses are different from the one you are applying for the child). My little one's passport has been issued and awaiting delivery and both my wife and I have different (verified) addresses in our passports.
Old 30th September 2014, 18:50   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Nope. Since one pre-requisite is for both parents to possess valid passports, police verification is not done for the child. This is the case even if it is a brand new address (parents' addresses are different from the one you are applying for the child). My little one's passport has been issued and awaiting delivery and both my wife and I have different (verified) addresses in our passports.
Hi noopster,

Thanks for the reply, any idea how do we get the photo clicked for the kiddo, coz my daughter is one playful kid and does not sit still.

Regards
Dieseltuned

Last edited by Dieseltuned : 30th September 2014 at 18:51. Reason: typo errors
Old 30th September 2014, 18:59   #93

Quote:
Hi noopster,

Thanks for the reply, any idea how do we get the photo clicked for the kiddo, coz my daughter is one playful kid and does not sit still.

Regards
Dieseltuned
For minors less than 5 years old, you have to carry the passport sized photographs with you. For the rest, the photos are clicked at the PSK.

Patience, Love, Determination and Bribery (in any order as you wish) should do the trick.
All the best.
Old 27th October 2014, 13:26   #94
BHPian

My son's (10 years) appointment is scheduled on 30th. The date was scheduled when I uploaded the file last month. As I am not in a hurry, I did not reschedule.

I have the following documents ready:
1. ARN details.
2. Fees paid details
3. Filled up form details

The above were downloaded from the site.

Other documents as under:

1. BBMP issued birth certificate for my son
2. Passport copies of my wife's and mine (Spouse names endorsed in both passports)
3. Annexure 'H'

I will do the attestation on all photo copies and will take my kid to Lalbagh PSK on Thursday.

One concern is I will be providing my passport copy as address proof. Since the form did not allow me to enter all the address details my passport has, I truncated some of the unimportant fields from my passport address. Is it OK if I provide my passport as address proof which has extra address details OR should I carry the exactly matching address proof? By the way none of the address proofs I have match exactly the one I entered in the form.

Any other documents I need to carry?
Old 27th October 2014, 13:37   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi noopster,

Regards
Dieseltuned
Both my kids were pretty much the same age (5-6 months old) when we clicked their pic. Did it at the closest photo studio in each case. A good time to shoot would be after they are bathed, napped and fed so that the kid is in a good mood. One of the parents needs to be with the infant to keep her entertained- the last thing you want is a bawling baby on your hands! Take along a favourite toy to reassure the kid- posing in an unfamiliar setting will be unsettling. Support the baby using your hands on her back, assuming she isn't sitting up yet. A smiling, friendly photographer usually helps put the lil ones at ease. Make sure you get the background colour, aspect ratio etc. correct first time since reshooting will be a pain. Like a medical procedure, keep it short to make it less painful.

Take a couple of shots in different poses- even if you can't use them all, you may end up with an absolute gem that will be yours for life. When we were shooting the elder one for a US visa, she tilted her head to one side and stuck her tongue out slightly, which is the most adorable pic of hers that we have to date

Good luck.
Old 27th October 2014, 13:49   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi noopster,

Regards
Dieseltuned
For my kid's passport I took them to a photostudio.

For a Visa I simply used my Moto G and clicked the pics. Used a free tool like Gimp to crop it to the correct size.

I got my one year old to sit with a white pillow behind him.
Must have clicked around 40-50 pics and then found the correct one.

Took care about things in my control like lighting and background. Let him play with a toy and have fun.
Old 27th October 2014, 19:18   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
My son's (10 years) appointment is scheduled on 30th. The date was scheduled when I uploaded the file last month. As I am not in a hurry, I did not reschedule.

I have the following documents ready:
1. ARN details.
2. Fees paid details
3. Filled up form details

The above were downloaded from the site.

Other documents as under:

1. BBMP issued birth certificate for my son
2. Passport copies of my wife's and mine (Spouse names endorsed in both passports)
3. Annexure 'H'

I will do the attestation on all photo copies and will take my kid to Lalbagh PSK on Thursday.

One concern is I will be providing my passport copy as address proof. Since the form did not allow me to enter all the address details my passport has, I truncated some of the unimportant fields from my passport address. Is it OK if I provide my passport as address proof which has extra address details OR should I carry the exactly matching address proof? By the way none of the address proofs I have match exactly the one I entered in the form.

Any other documents I need to carry?
Is is mandatory that the address entered should match the one in address proof exactly? Did anyone provide proof which was slightly different from the one entered? Any other documents apart from the one listed above?
Old 27th October 2014, 20:53   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
For a Visa I simply used my Moto G and clicked the pics. Used a free tool like Gimp to crop it to the correct size.
For US visa at least, you are not supposed to alter the pic in any way. I trust your PS skills are great, so I doubt it was an issue though
Old 27th October 2014, 21:05   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
For US visa at least, you are not supposed to alter the pic in any way. I trust your PS skills are great, so I doubt it was an issue though
It was for a US Visa and I used http://www.gimp.org/

The photo was taken with a white pillow behind my son.
Then I used Gimp to select all the colors that matched the pillows color. Replaced that with white.

I then used the tool available on the US Visa site to crop the picture correctly.

Absolutely no issues.

But please note that I did all this with special care on things like lighting and background. Had also chosen my boys attire so it would not conflict with the pillow's color.

I did the same for my wife and daughter as well.
Old 18th November 2014, 20:41   #100
BHPian

The appointment for my son's passport was scheduled on October 30th at 11.45 am at Lalbagh PSK, Bangalore. Reached the office half an hour before the scheduled time. Could not find parking, not even near Lalbagh. So parked in Basavanagudi bylane and took auto to PSK.

There were huge queues with no chairs to sit in the waiting area. The applicants are called in batches and let into the area where the tokens are issued. We went into token issuing section at 12. The person took the following documents,

a. Birth Certificate (attested by me)
b. My wife's passport copy (attested by me)
c. My passport copy (attested by me)
d. Original Annexure 'H'

The originals were verified. After waiting for a few minutes a file is given with token number and a slip. The process took 30 minutes.

Next we entered the hall where the three sections "A", "B" and "C" are located. The digital display board flashed our token number within a couple of minutes telling the counter to proceed to. The lady at the counter verified all the documents. My son's photo and fingerprints were captured. The file and original documents were returned. The copies were scanned and uploaded.

Next came a very long wait (~1.5 hour) to proceed to "B" counter. I had carried only snacks in anticipation of coming out in 1 hour. I had to buy my son eatables from the snack counter located inside as he was hungry. The person at "B" counter looked at the addresses in our passports, verified Birth certificate and returned the file. Took only 5 minutes at the counter.

Another longish wait (~1 hour) to proceed to counter "C" where the officer took a look at our passports and birth certificate. The process took 5 minutes.

The receipt was handed back at the counter where another receipt was given mentioning granted status and duration.

We came out at 3:30 pm. Took approximately 3 1/2 hours. Appears that the slots are increased resulting in longer waiting times though the total time spent at the counters was less than 30 minutes.

The passport was dispatched in 3 days. As I was not in home on all the weekdays, I collected the passport on Saturday from the post office.
Old 5th January 2015, 09:40   #101
BHPian

I will be applying for my year old daughter's first passport. I have one question : Is appointment required for minor fresh passport application in Pune?

Below is excerpt from a help document found on govt passport india website :

3) Walk-in Appointments with Online Registration:
In order to facilitate submission of passport applications at Passport Seva Kendras, some types of services such as ‘Tatkaal’ and issuance of Police Clearance Certificates and some categories of applicants such as senior citizens, minors and differently-abled persons are allowed to submit their duly registered online applications with ARN number as Walk-in applicants. Applicants falling under these categories are also required to register their applications online and obtain ARN number and visit the nearest Passport Seva Kendra at their convenience (no prior appointment required). In addition, applicants should also refer to any advisory issued by the concerned Passport Offices from time to time.

It clearly mentions minors accompanied by parents can just walkin with a valid ARN number.

Has any one walked in without appointment for minor?

Let me know any pointers in this regard.
Old 5th January 2015, 12:27   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
I will be applying for my year old daughter's first passport. I have one question : Is appointment required for minor fresh passport application in Pune?
We recently applied and got the passport for my daughter as well ( had posted in the other passport thread), we had taken a prior appointment for her. Later heard that, for minors you can walk in , but the window for the same is the morning time ( 10:00 AM ) atleast in Bangalore PSK . IMHO, its better to take an appointment unless its a very pressing need.
Old 5th January 2015, 13:18   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
We recently applied and got the passport for my daughter as well ( had posted in the other passport thread), we had taken a prior appointment for her. Later heard that, for minors you can walk in , but the window for the same is the morning time ( 10:00 AM ) atleast in Bangalore PSK . IMHO, its better to take an appointment unless its a very pressing need.
Thanks for the pointer.
On further searching the Pune passport office details on the passport.gov.in website found out that they accept minor walk in's only between 9:00am and 10:30 am for Pune
Old 5th January 2015, 14:07   #104
BHPian

We applied for our infants passport online. Went to the PSK on the 2nd of Jan '15 for the appointment.

Process:
1. No need to get in line, Minors & Senior Citizens have direct entry to the PSK in the morning.
2. Inside, at the counter for token, again, there is a seperate counter with smaller queue for Minors & Senior Citizens, get your token & passport application file here. This token allows you to get priority at the further counters A, B & C. This counter is operated by the TCS staff.
3. At counter A, they take the passport photo of your child. If below 5 years, a photo needs to be provided by you, if above 5 years and minor, the photo is taken by them. This person will scan all your documents, edit your form to reflect any minor changes in address, or complete the address if the online form was not adequate etc. He will also arrange the passport application file in the right order for further counters. This counter is operated by the TCS staff. (Pay Rs 35 here for the SMS facility if you have opted for it)
4. At counter B, they verify all your original documents and check if your application is complete in terms of supporting documents. To make it easy, we had the below:
Passport of myself
Passport of my wife with my name endorsed in it
Birth certificate of child

Additional documents that may help - Aadhar cards, Ration cards, landline or mobile bills (current and at least one year old), agreements of rent or property purchase (same address as you are applying with), PSU bank statements with the same address, in some cases with inadequate documentation - a letter from your local MLA or MP stating your address and vouching for you.
This counter is operated by the govt staff. TCS only handles coordination here.
5. At counter C, they decide if your file will move forward for further verification and processing to decide the grant of passport. In case of minors, the decision is made at the same time you are there. Minors do not need police verification, at least below 5 years of age.
This counter is operated by the govt staff. TCS only handles coordination here.

We went through the entire process in about 30 mins, post which we received the sms that the passport has been printed, and later, dispatched the same day itself. As I went to work today, I received a call from home that the passport has been delivered as well.

A superb experience overall.
Old 28th January 2015, 11:04   #105
Senior - BHPian

I wish to apply for a passport for my 5 year old daughter. Can I use my logon credentials to submit her application or should another user be created.

Also, there seems to be a passport mela on Jan 31st. Is it advisable to go on that day?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks