Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2016, 09:47   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
If your kid is older, then apply for a tatkal passport, which will reduce frustrating waiting time at the PSK.
Thank you very much for explaining the process you went through.

I am trying to get the first identity proof for my son. Do the same list of documents apply for a 4 year old and if I were to opt for tatkal? I could ignore the tatkal part except for the long wait.

Are telephone bills from private players such as Airtel, etc accepted? I have BSNL bills in my name, my wife has Airtel bills.
Old 4th March 2016, 10:43   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Thank you very much for explaining the process you went through.

I am trying to get the first identity proof for my son. Do the same list of documents apply for a 4 year old and if I were to opt for tatkal? I could ignore the tatkal part except for the long wait.

Are telephone bills from private players such as Airtel, etc accepted? I have BSNL bills in my name, my wife has Airtel bills.
I submitted my 2.5 years old daughter's normal PP application on Feb 29, her PP was dispatched yesterday and should be delivered today or tomorrow.

I don't think you need a proof of identity for a minor. These are the documents I submitted:

Proof of birth: Copy of her birth certificate
Proof of address: Copy of my passport, with my wife's name endorsed in it.
Miscellaneous: Copy of my wife's passport, Annexure H signed by my wife and I, one passport size photograph (not needed if your kid can sit still for a digital photo at the PSK)

They also asked for a copy of my wife's Aadhar card, as her PP had her maiden name & old address in it. Luckily, we had kept it with us, along with additional documents like copies of our marriage certificate, wife's address proof etc. just in case they asked for it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 4th March 2016 at 10:44.
Old 6th March 2016, 14:05   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hope this helps.
Sure does. Much appreciate the guidance.

Do I have to fill "Enter VC/NOC/PIL/IC Details"?

Got an appointment for the 16th at 330pm. There were no tatkal slots available.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 6th March 2016 at 14:07.
Old 7th March 2016, 11:10   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Do I have to fill "Enter VC/NOC/PIL/IC Details"?
Hmm, at least I don't recollect filling any such section. The link you have given above redirects to the PP website home page. Where is this listed on the form?

EDIT: From what I could infer from a couple of articles on the net, submission of Verification Cert/No Objection Cert/Prior Intimation Letter/Identity Cert are applicable for serving Govt. employees. So, unless you are one, I think you can skip this section.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 7th March 2016 at 11:33.
Old 7th March 2016, 16:27   #155

Re: Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*

I have applied for my daughter's passport and the interview is scheduled for 15th March. She is 1 year old. I wanted to check if both the parents should accompany the child or just my wife can go with my daughter? Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 16:53   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan View Post
I have applied for my daughter's passport and the interview is scheduled for 15th March. She is 1 year old. I wanted to check if both the parents should accompany the child or just my wife can go with my daughter? Thanks
It can be only one parent accompanying the minor. I recently completed the formalities for my son's passport and It was only me with him for his appointment.
Old 7th March 2016, 17:14   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan View Post
Hello,

pankaj_sachdeva's reply above is correct. However, please remember that Annexure H has to be signed by both parents. Also, keep originals and copies of both parents' passports (in addition to other required docs).

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 9th March 2016, 16:01   #158
BHPian

Does the birth certificate of the infant need to have his/her name in it? Our toddler's birth certificate has only the father and mother names filled. The baby's name is blank.
Old 10th March 2016, 18:22   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Does the birth certificate of the infant need to have his/her name in it? Our toddler's birth certificate has only the father and mother names filled. The baby's name is blank.
I guess there is a time period (vaguely remember < 3 or 5 years) during which you can get the birth certificate re-issued with the name.

Knew about this when we were getting my wife's birth certificate reissued with the name.
Old 16th March 2016, 20:34   #160
Senior - BHPian

A bad day for me and my family at the PSK, Lalbagh. We went for my son's appointment. My son is a minor.

We did not even get to any of the ABC counters. From the token point, we were directed to the Tatkal desk where a lady verifies your documents and then sends it somewhere for screening. During handing over of all the attested documents, the lady asked for my wife's passport. We told her it was expired and that we had an appointment for her passport on 3/18. She said we could file it right away for renewal along with my son's application. We had all the required papers, appointment letter, etc. Every possible document was in hand if they wanted it. Upon return of the documents, the lady said that we can't proceed any further for either application as the lamination on the last page, of my wife's passport was damaged. The lamination was definitely peeling off but everything was legible. The lady went on to the say that it was not possible to process my son's application as well without my wife having a valid passport. From posting some queries here, what I understood was, my passport was required with my wife's name on it, which is there. Everything ended here. My passport, which is valid, was of no value to them. We were asked to approach a notary and get some additional paper work done in connection to the damaged passport. My wife needs to get her phone bills attested by the Airtel office too. Why oh why?

It was frustrating to go through all of this after standing in the sun for over an hour.

I have a feeling that everything back fired because we spoke about my wife's expired passport. Should have stayed quiet and waited for her appointment date. Besides; I don't know how a slightly damaged and expired passport can put a road block to the entire process. My wife's passport was not even in the picture for the supporting documents for my son.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 16th March 2016 at 20:37.
Old 16th March 2016, 20:42   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

^^Tough day. There is a strange requirement that for a child's passport to be processed both parents' passports need to be validated. Probably that did you in.
I guess a simpler way would be to go ahead with your wife's passport renewal as per her appointment and then take an appointment for your kid. Should be a breeze then.
Old 16th March 2016, 20:43   #162
Senior - BHPian

Expect the unexpected at Passport office!

I think you should first get your wife's passport renewed, if the address in the passport is same as current address, you should get the new passport in a weeks time.
Thereafter, apply for your son's passport.
Old 16th March 2016, 20:58   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I guess a simpler way would be to go ahead with your wife's passport renewal as per her appointment and then take an appointment for your kid.
We still need to get Annexure L attested by a notary and her Airtel bills attested from the Airtel office, before we walk in for another appointment.

Yes; we still have a day to get it done before her appointment date, which is day after tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I think you should first get your wife's passport renewed, if the address in the passport is same as current address, you should get the new passport in a weeks time.
The address is different. Its almost as good as filing for a new passport with our current address.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 16th March 2016 at 21:01.
Old 27th March 2016, 13:21   #164
BHPian

I am applying for fresh passport for my daughter (11+ yrs old) and reissue passport for my wife (which has pre marriage name and address). Planning to do both of them together.

Right now, I have my new passport (2 months old) which has my wifes name (changed after marriage) on it.

I need help on following questions:
1. Annexure H - Do I need to just print it on plain paper? Or we need to print this on stamp paper?
2. For change in wife's name & address - Her changed name is already on my passport, and she has Aadhaar card, nationalized bank account, voter id card, driving license, pan card in her new name and current address. Photo copies of these documents are enough or we still need to produce any other documents?

Appreciate your help on these questions!

Last edited by Selective : 27th March 2016 at 13:22.
Old 15th April 2016, 12:54   #165
BHPian

My son's name in his birth certificate goes like R.A.XXXXX, where R stands for my name and A for my wife's. How should the surname field be filled in the passport application? should it have both my name and hers or is there any restrictions on the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks