Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 10:45   #211
BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Yes, it is a Ashok plus 3 stars - equivalent to a Brigadier. If I remember right from my NCC days: Major - Ashok only, Lt. Col add 1 star, Col 2 -stars and Brig - three stars.
Which is true in case of the armed forces (army). If this person is a police officer, the rank would be from the IPS cadre, at minimum an ACP.
Old 27th December 2012, 11:02   #212
BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I know my post was right after yours but it was not directed at your post in particular. I am sorry that it came out like that. It was more of a rant against posts throwing stats from other countries and using that to justify their point that what has happened here happens all across the world and we need not whip ourselves into a frenzy over it. I think if whipping ourselves into frenzy brings about even 1% change in the existing situation, then it is worth it. Other countries' state be damned.
It's alright. Its high time they addressed the situation. If they had taken steps to reduce these crimes, people wouldn't have come to the streets.
Old 27th December 2012, 12:55   #213
BHPian

Just read that another woman was raped and dumped out of a car somewhere in South Delhi. When will this end?!?
Old 27th December 2012, 12:56   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
This looks to be a senior official. Anyone up for deciphering the badges?
This should be shared with the name, I feel.
Ashok and 3 stars means that guy for sure is an ACP level police officer. ( Eqv to Brigadier in army) .

The photo looks like he is stamping the protestor, but it can also be that he was tripping over the protestor or that the protestor was trying to bring him down by holding his leg. Its all on perceptions
Old 27th December 2012, 13:10   #215
Mik
BHPian

Media reports can never be trusted. Being a NCR-ite i have seen how the media manufactures news out of nothing.
An interesting photo which brings out how media works (3 different reports) The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide, 4 others hanged!-mediamanipulationopticalillusion1.jpg

Photo Courtesy - Facebook.

Last edited by Mik : 27th December 2012 at 13:11. Reason: Adding photo courtesy
Old 27th December 2012, 13:16   #216
BHPian

Why dont these politicians atleast keep their foul mouths shut

Latest to poot his big foot into mouth is the President's son .

President's son Abhijit Mukherjee on DelhiGangRape

Abhijit Mukherjee: what's happening in Delhi is a pink revolution, led by dented,painted women chasing 2 mins of fame.
"What's happening in Delhi is like the Pink Revolution, conducted by people who have no idea of ground reality."
Old 27th December 2012, 13:50   #217
Team-BHP Support

The first thing that needs to be done is amend the laws w/r/t rape. At the moment, these guys will get death sentences only if the victim they raped succumbs to her injuries, or if they had murdered her. If she survives, they will get life sentences. And these hardened criminals will love that, considering that they will have food and shelter for the rest of their lives.

Speedy justice is what is required. Whether it's life imprisonment or death sentence.

The second thing that's required is a massive overhaul of our political system. We need fresh blood. We need board-minded individuals who aren't averse to power. Level headed individuals who can promise us a safe environment if not anything else. Competent people are shying away from politics because of the rampant corruption and goondagiri.
Old 27th December 2012, 13:53   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Rape should be treated as rarest of rare and the penalty should be either death or life in prison with no parole.
Bumped into this thread now and was going through some of the comments here. I already thought they had set the punishment for rape as life imprisonment. Perhaps still not the case. A victim of rape is traumatized for life and so should be the culprit put away behind bars for the rest of his life. The problem is cases of rape and molestation is handled with such frivolousness by our law enforcement agencies that even if we had strong laws against it the culprits will get away easily. In some cases cops themselves are involved in such heinous acts how do we expect them to prosecute other criminals. Cops in our country actually as a prevalent trend refuse to treat women with dignity. Time and again we come across cases where cops at even very senior levels blaming the victim and refusing to register a complaint. A stark example is the recent case that happened in Park Street in Kolkata. Initially the cops even refused to register the complaint. Add to this the most idiotic and blatant political interference. The main accused (who was incidentally rumored to be married/dating some Bong actress here) had enough lead time to escape and flee the country. The trail seems to have gone cold and the cops are back to sleep. I refuse to believe that in this day and age it is impossible to track down an accused whichever part of the world he is hiding. I don't think he has immigrated to Mars. So the basic problem is a totally apathetic approach by law enforcement coupled with our time consuming judicial system (which by the way is deliberately constrained for funds by our finance minister) ensures that culprits can always get away scott free. Unless these aspects are fixed punishing a handful highlighted by the media is going to do zilch and this country will remain to be no country for women .

PS: By the way, I might get flamed for this, but I really have little respect for the cops in Delhi. One TBHPian (I won't reveal his identity) had a harrowing time when he was passing through. And to top it all one of the cops even misbehaved with his wife by constantly ogling at her. Maybe a bad apple but I think most cops in Delhi and in our country need a rigorous refresher course involved with physical punishment such that they learn to respect women. Unless they are completely tuned to respect women they will never learn to act and prevent crimes against them.
Old 27th December 2012, 14:06   #219
BANNED

Quote:

Abhijit Mukherjee: what's happening in Delhi is a pink revolution, led by dented,painted women chasing 2 mins of fame.
"What's happening in Delhi is like the Pink Revolution, conducted by people who have no idea of ground reality."
Will this not abound to an attempt to verbally rape. Saw the guy most unapologetic on CNN-IBN. He need to be force to rinse out his mouth with the strongest soap on can find.
Old 27th December 2012, 14:36   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Will this not abound to an attempt to verbally rape. Saw the guy most unapologetic on CNN-IBN. He need to be force to rinse out his mouth with the strongest soap on can find.
This guy is one of the latest and greatest no talent clowns added to the parliament. God forbid such a heinous incident didn't happen to his mother, wife or daughter. Would like to see how loose his mouth is then. One fails to understand how media channels manage to give talk time to such circus clowns just because he was born to the current president. He barely managed to win his father's seat by a few thousand votes that too with an enormous amount of help from the TMC since they didn't contest the seat.
Old 27th December 2012, 14:56   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
One fails to understand how media channels manage to give talk time to such circus clowns just because he was born to the current president.
Was watching a debate yesterday on TV on the delhi rape. The " I Know Everything" anchor was fuming that the machinery is trying to divert the topic from delhi rape and safety of girls to other topics like the death of the constable to slowly kill the issue. Ironically his show was discussing the role of AA party in attacking or saving constables life.

Had the media been sensitive of the issue and religiously wanted the fight for justice be brought to a fitting end, they would stick their guns on the real issue, safety of women. These clowns and their gutter stinking tongues will not be let to flash in national TV.

Now latest is that some women scientist somewhere in MP said that the girl should have surrendered to the 6 drunken men than fighting, and that would have saved her life . That is drawing media attention, and whoever that lady is, she has got her 2 mins of fame.
Old 27th December 2012, 15:12   #222
Senior - BHPian

Abhijeet Mukherjee's sexist quote apart, here's a video recording of another actor/politician from Karnataka called Ambareesh->

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=394945723918243

For those who don't understand Kannada, Ambareesh is saying that eve teasing is normal and that everyone indulges/would have indulged in it. This video is the unedited footage that was shot during a interview by a Kannada channel called TV9, which is known for sensationalizing things. All said, I'm not sure whether this video is doctored/mixed. Watching the lips of the anchor and Ambareesh, it doesn't seem so.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 27th December 2012, 15:29   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why dont these politicians atleast keep their foul mouths shut

Latest to poot his big foot into mouth is the President's son .

Sad. Really sad. Don't know where the country is heading to. The only people who benefit outta the whole mess are the 24X7 media houses.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 27th December 2012 at 15:32. Reason: edited the twitter quote.
Old 27th December 2012, 15:29   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Was watching a debate yesterday on TV on the delhi rape. The " I Know Everything" anchor was fuming that the machinery is trying to divert the topic from delhi rape and safety of girls to other topics like the death of the constable to slowly kill the issue. Ironically his show was discussing the role of AA party in attacking or saving constables life.

Had the media been sensitive of the issue and religiously wanted the fight for justice be brought to a fitting end, they would stick their guns on the real issue, safety of women. These clowns and their gutter stinking tongues will not be let to flash in national TV.

Now latest is that some women scientist somewhere in MP said that the girl should have surrendered to the 6 drunken men than fighting, and that would have saved her life . That is drawing media attention, and whoever that lady is, she has got her 2 mins of fame.
I am sorry but that lady seems a total idiot. They should have asked her if she would have "surrendered" too. I swear what is it with some women here who think they have to be subservient to men. It seems like from what I have been reading on here, the media has their agenda as well, but this is to be expected. What does "dented-painted women" even mean? He seems to have a very poor grip of the English language

Last edited by CaliAtenza : 27th December 2012 at 15:31.
Old 27th December 2012, 15:52   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Abhijeet Mukherjee's sexist quote apart, here's a video recording of another actor/politician from Karnataka called Ambareesh->
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
No one can put it better than our twitter Guru Ramesh Srivats
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
I am sorry but that lady seems a total idiot.
Media seems to be targetting people with history of slipping their tongue and making a mockery out of it. The panels that sit in the media debates seem to prove this point too.

What or who are these people to be given media space to blabber?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks