Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 16:09   #226
Team-BHP Support

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

I think it's a good thing that these people are being given a platform by the media to express their opinions. The general public would otherwise be unaware of the sort of people running this country. We ought to know who they are so that corrective measures can be taken or at least initiated.
Old 27th December 2012, 16:13   #227
BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Media seems to be targetting people with history of slipping their tongue and making a mockery out of it. The panels that sit in the media debates seem to prove this point too.

What or who are these people to be given media space to blabber?
Well mannubhai, this is a democracy after all. People are free to be idiots. I honestly think politics in India hasn't matured yet to the point where it can be taken seriously. As a consequence of that, people are made to suffer. I mean in the US, if a politican makes an idiotic comment, he or she is widely condemned by his fellow lawmakers, media, and the people, moreover he or she is forced to apologize immediately. Hell I know this time round a couple of guys running for house and senate made some extremely dumb comments about rape and they lost big in the election. People made their displeasure heard at the ballot box.

I really hope that poor girl recovers and she gets the best treatment possible. In a way, it took something so horrible to open the eyes of the country.

Last edited by CaliAtenza : 27th December 2012 at 16:18.
Old 27th December 2012, 17:21   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I think it's a good thing that these people are being given a platform by the media to express their opinions. The general public would otherwise be unaware of the sort of people running this country. We ought to know who they are so that corrective measures can be taken or at least initiated.
So wish that was the case. General public forgets too fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Well mannubhai, this is a democracy after all. People are free to be idiots.

I really hope that poor girl recovers and she gets the best treatment possible. In a way, it took something so horrible to open the eyes of the country.
Sad part is that, all this mockery is taking the attention away from the real issue. The media moguls are leading debates over these petty issues. The above two statements, by Abhijit Mukherjee and that lady, should not have even come into air in any media. But they do, and they rack TRPs.

The girl have been swiftly moved away from public attention. Sincerely hope she recovers and leads a normal life.

Edit : Just read this article . This is the harsh reality. 26% is the conviction rate of rape cases, and look at the way the judiciary acquitted this suspect. http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/r...09987?ndtv_rhs

Last edited by mannubhai : 27th December 2012 at 17:29.
Old 27th December 2012, 19:54   #229
BANNED

What is needed is sincere and tough enforcement,and de-politicisation of the fuzz neither of which require any commission / law.
Old 29th December 2012, 03:55   #230
Senior - BHPian

She is out of misery.
She died.
She paid the price of being born in India.

I guess the thread should be closed.
There is a risk of this becoming another playground for us, The Keyboard warriors, The Facebook activists.

Last edited by download2live : 29th December 2012 at 04:03.
Old 29th December 2012, 04:09   #231
Senior - BHPian

Her body is finally at peace. May her soul also rest in peace.
Old 29th December 2012, 04:16   #232
Senior - BHPian

What can I say... I am not a Proud Indian today. What have we done to it.
Old 29th December 2012, 04:53   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

An untimely death. May god give strength to her sole.

To be honest I feel God choose wisely as she would have had an extremely tough life ahead of her if she came out of this alive, both medically and mentally.

I sincerely wish and hope and pray that the current galvanization that we have seen following her the case would not die down just like the Anna movement and would make way for better laws and infrastructure to ensure that no other women has to go through the same trauma. That is the only way to ensure that her death does not go in vain.
Old 29th December 2012, 05:55   #234
MAS
Senior - BHPian

May her sole rest in peace...

What a sad way to die! Thank you God for putting ask end to her misery.

God... Save us, save India.
Old 29th December 2012, 06:11   #235
Senior - BHPian

I am numb with pain and anger as I type this with tears in my eyes.
Rest in peace you brave soul.
Old 29th December 2012, 06:26   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

May her soul rest in peace after the intense battle that she fought.
Like others said God relived her of the pain and trauma she was going through.
RIP young lady. You have started the fire for justice. I only hope the fire is not watered off and goes on to rage wildly. I hope the perpetrators of this heinous crime are meted out the most severe punishment.
Old 29th December 2012, 07:23   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
To be honest I feel God choose wisely as she would have had an extremely tough life ahead of her if she came out of this alive, both medically and mentally.
The girl wanted to live and how can anybody wish her to die? The govt would have been the biggest loser had she lived, unable to answer any questions. It is the govt that killed her by clandestinely shifting her to S'pore in spite of her precarious health condition.
Old 29th December 2012, 08:12   #238
Senior - BHPian

Have we (India) finally run out of excuses, loopholes and provisions to keep the perpetrators alive? If so, can we please have some fast track executions here?

By the way, the minor aspect, for one of the accused, should not apply in this case.

But.... Hanging sounds too lenient; can we have something more befitting.

Hope her soul finds peace in the other world.
Old 29th December 2012, 09:04   #239
BHPian

May she rest in peace. She is with God now. I sincerely hope the fire she lit in people, this nation, doesn't die down.

All of us should look in the mirror and feel ashamed today. We have let our country come to this. At the end of the day, it's about us and how we interact with society. Yes, absolutely we need more enforcement and a complete overhaul of the justice system. The fact that we have let it come to this, for the police and politicians to play with the lives of our fellow citizens, is disgusting. How can we say we are proud to be Indian when so many women can't step out of their homes at any time of the day and won't be sure they will come home unmolested. What gives men the right to eve-tease or even pass lewd comments against women? I know our nation has many different cultures, but I am not aware of any of those cultures that accept molestation against women. The change has to start with us first, with all of us. We should demand better.
Old 29th December 2012, 09:47   #240
Senior - BHPian

Irrespective of what we can, can we change anything ?
After this incidence we can that even Hitler was not this cruel. There are so many crime against women that many are not even recorded. Great Indian land and great Indian culture ?

Unless and untill we have something sharp and concrete as a change, we have failed once again. Forget hopeless situation, we are heading into chaos and no rule land. And why close metro stations ?

Democracy, trust, respect, humanity and all other positive values are murdered in India, a nation which was respected by world once upon a time. Be it this case or Scarlet case in Goa, we are in a zone which is more hypocrate that a war zone.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed