Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2012, 09:16   #76
BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Source : Headlines Today Reporter Harassed on busy road

Just take a look at this. The reporter covering the case was harassed by 3 boys in a WagonR. What i don't get is that when the no. of the car is clear, why is Satyendra garg not taking any action now?

The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide, 4 others hanged!-rapist1_660_121912021249.jpg
The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide, 4 others hanged!-rapist2_660_121912021249.jpg
The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide, 4 others hanged!-rapist3_660_121912021249.jpg
The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide, 4 others hanged!-rapist4_660_121912021249.jpg
The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide, 4 others hanged!-rapist5_660_121912021254.jpg

Old 20th December 2012, 09:17   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Violated with a rod that pulled the intestines out...!

I'm sorry, but even the worst imaginable death penalty isn't good enough for them.

India needs to be a lot more imaginative to inflict extraordinary pain and humiliation to these six animals before they die.
Old 20th December 2012, 10:12   #78
BANNED

@roy_libran; Please do not insult animals.

Some thoughts:
1. With all her intestines gone, what sort of a life will she have, if she were to survive.

2. Kudos to Mahindra for offering to hire her, knowing fully well that a Physiotherapist in her state, may not be able to anything meaningful.

3. Where is 7 RCR?

4. Tha Water Cannon and Cane Charge yesterday are shocking. When will the system realise that we ceased to be a colonial state over 65 years ago!
Old 20th December 2012, 10:15   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Violated with a rod that pulled the intestines out...!

I'm sorry, but even the worst imaginable death penalty isn't good enough for them.

India needs to be a lot more imaginative to inflict extraordinary pain and humiliation to these six animals before they die.
"The damage to the intestine is permanent. With the intestine removed, she will be on intravenous fluids for life."

That is what the Doctors have said.
What kind of life the victim can look forward to?
Aruna Shanbag is still in coma.

What a shame. I have not been able to concentrate on work ever since I have read about this.

Really makes one question on existence of God.
Why when our corrupt politicians are thriving, an innocent child is made to suffer this.

I really hope that "An encounter" takes place like it happened in case of a Boy who threw acid on face of a Girl in Andhra Pradesh.

The hope from our Judicial system is ZERO.

Last edited by download2live : 20th December 2012 at 10:27.
Old 20th December 2012, 10:22   #80
Senior - BHPian

@SGIITK - Apologies. I used animals for want of an appropriate word. Such bestiality.
Certainly, no human laws should be applied in this case.

Regarding point 1 - There is nothing to be said. Let's just hope that there is some miracle.
Old 20th December 2012, 10:26   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Regarding point 1 - There is nothing to be said. Let's just hope that there is some miracle.
In a perverse way I wish she makes peace with the maker. Then the ogres can also be charged with Section 302 (or at least 304).
Old 20th December 2012, 11:01   #82
Senior - BHPian

Hello Friends,

I write this with tears in my eyes after reading today morning that her intestine has been removed & even if she survives, she will be on liquids for rest of her life.

Much has been said about criminals who did this & I shall not repeat anything (though I personally feel they should be hanged in full public view so that nobody dares to do a act like this again).

But the very basic question I have is why are women treated so low in our country? Despite all the cultural heritage when you go on streets, women are somehow not respected. This was literally proved when three men in WagonR passed lewed comments on a reporter yesterday in Delhi.

Should we not have a relook on the upbringing that we give to our girls? I mean why are girld treated as second class citizens? I have seen right from childhood they are restricted & their brothers have all the freedom in the world.

Thanks,
Old 20th December 2012, 11:29   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Source : Headlines Today Reporter Harassed on busy road

Just take a look at this. The reporter covering the case was harassed by 3 boys in a WagonR. ...
I sincerely hope this is not a media stunt.
Old 20th December 2012, 11:34   #84
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th December 2012 at 13:35.
CaliAtenza is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th December 2012, 11:41   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
I write this with tears in my eyes after reading today morning that her intestine has been removed & even if she survives, she will be on liquids for rest of her life.
It's am deeply moved with this act. Don't understand what kind of life she will have to go through. Now that the poll results are coming up - hope this case is not thrown away by the media. They must be treated in the same way and hang them. They do not deserve a second chance whatsoever.

Hope they don't take years to do this.
Old 20th December 2012, 12:34   #86
BHPian

The details of the case are just chilling. That girl can never live a normal life now. Slowly the gangrene may start to eat away other organs. I still do not understand why the criminals have not been punished yet. What is this. Even after so many incidents, the law is just turning a blind eye and blames it on women coming out of the house at night, their dress, companions etc. How does that justify this act.

We cant ignore this for long. Soon, the wolves will get more ferocious and braver to carry out such incidents more and more. If we dont stand up now, one day the fight may very well land at our doorstep. By then it maybe too late.
Let us all pray for her. It makes me sad, that the life of an innocent young girl had to be sacrificed for the people to wake up and retaliate. Had we done all these protests earlier, today this horrible incident wouldnt have happened. It is a shame for every citizen of this country.

And i hate it how many facebook pages are using this news to increase the "likes" count on their page stats. How selfish.

Edit: You know what, its not just the men whose attitudes have to change, but even women. Why? As i hear the aunties speaking in hushed tones, "Yeh to hona hi tha, aaj kal ke ladkiya.. Kinne chote chote dress" and all that crap. And their sons and son in laws chime in as if its a song.

Until everyone realises, a woman has a right to wear what she wants, go out at whatever time she wants, we all still remain a hypocritic society. And I hate seeing mothers baby their sons and ignore their daughters. Ive seen so many guys in my neighborhood, who are a big flirts, but keeps his sister almost chained and tails her like a dog. His parents also have the same behavior towards the sister, but never stop praising their son in front of other girls. Why this duality?

One needs to cure this disease from the roots. Only superficial punishments will not eradicate the disease from the society. Everyone of us needs to change our attitude towards women.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 20th December 2012 at 13:01.
Old 20th December 2012, 12:52   #87
BHPian

This is it guys! The Media attention is gradually shifting to elections in Gujarat and so are the people. With this and the cricket coming up, the Country will focus on more important matters than this!

This story will just fizzle out and one fine day we'll read in a small column in the newspapers that the poor girl succumbed (I pray to god this won't happen).

How sincerely I wish this won't come true and my sarcasm will be shunted down my throat! But the reality tells me it's otherwise!
Old 20th December 2012, 12:58   #88
Senior - BHPian

While I highly condemn what has happened with the girl and since we are talking about reforms, I want the following to happen:
  • Right to Education: Every person must be educated; if not a degree then atleast till Elementary level. This will help them understand the basic laws of the society. It is govt. duty to ensure that this happens. TOI reports that in 2012 alone 61% kids left municipal schools.
  • Creation of ample job opportunities in each town, city and state: This would ensure that less migration takes place for jobs; I believe these people lived in slums; with better job prospects, less moves and less shanties in other towns.
  • Making Army training compulsary: Like many other countries, we should make Army training compulsary for the ages 14-17; this should help them learn the basic of giving and earning respect; a more civilized citizen and last but not the least, help Indian defence services fill in the slots that are lying vacant for years; those who want to continue in the army, should be allowed to do so.
  • Bring in amendments in the Constitution: Bring in visible changes in the constitution that asks for severe punishments to the ones who commit such crimes; some people suggested that these personnel's private's must be castrated. Let me ask all the educated folk here; would it solve the problem? They will come back with a bottle of acid (like it has happened in the past) and throw at another innocent child/girl/lady/individual. They should be put behind the bars FOR LIFE, a room with no windows.
  • Removal of Tints from all vehicles; ample lights across streets, highways, regular police patrolling (not barricading).
  • Lastly, increase the salary's of the perosnnel working in Security forces for them to take their jobs seriously. They DO NOT have fear of removal from services and it is evident from the interviews that we are seeing.
Old 20th December 2012, 16:42   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I sincerely hope this is not a media stunt.
+1. I think this is staged else knowing aajtak they would play this on and on unless the folks in wagon r were arrested.(Lets not forget peepli live and the jindal extortion story)
Old 20th December 2012, 17:16   #90
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, i am scared now for the ladies in my home. I am getting paranoid. Going ahead in ordering the pepper spray for my fiancee who travels by train and takes the office drop back home at night. Atleast something is better than nothing.

My head is spinning after reading all what has happened and not able to get it out of my mind. I am talking and thinking about the incident all the time. It is truly very very scary. and i am just waiting to see what verdict is given out. and i also dont understand why so much delay. the culprits have been nabbed, statements recorded, witness statement recorded, what more.

Secondly, if you read todays TOI (Mumbai Edition), it says how presidential pardon was granted to several rapists and the death sentence was avoided. How in the name of god can you let such a person walk free even after so many years.

Our society has got cut in half. Half who dont fear anything and do what they want and the second half who are unable to do anything and have to live in fear (us).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed