Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2012, 18:09   #196
BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Manoj,

Very well said. We have all seen this happening in movies & the bitter fact remains that this is very much true in India. Maximum penalty a rapist gets is 7 years Imprisonment.

The classic is of Aruna Shanbaug case, where is victim is still under comma since last 37 years, while the rapist (Sohanlal Bhartha Walmiki) served 7 years prison sentence & is currently a free citizen working in some hospital in Delhi.

Thanks,
Aruna's case had a lot of loop holes set by the system itself. He was tried for meagre crimes. I had written about that case earlier in this thread with a link to my blog on the same .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2994432

What is intimidating is the fact that this rapist can come back after few years. Where would the girl hide then ? How will she be able to to see him eye to eye ? She will have to live with the fear of an aftermath from her rapist for the rest of her life. And for what fault of hers ?

Rape should be treated as rarest of rare and the penalty should be either death or life in prison with no parole.

Edit : Adding another link from my blog on the same subject. This has a gruesome crime that made me loose sleep out of anger.

http://ctmanoj.blogspot.in/2009/03/w...r-rapists.html

Last edited by mannubhai : 26th December 2012 at 18:12.
Old 26th December 2012, 22:05   #197
BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Instead of comparing crime stats with a European nation or USA, how about with a middle east nation like Dubai or Saudi or to the east, Brunei? What are the crime stats there?
Old 26th December 2012, 22:13   #198
Senior - BHPian

I have to ask. What is the purpose of comparing crime stats across the countries?
No country will have a 0% rate of crime. Everywhere laws are broken. It is human nature. Saying that so and so place has more crime rate or more exploitation will do nothing except give some false sense of comfort. But that in no way will be justification enough to turn our backs on crimes being committed in our own backyard. And if we are making more noise than anywhere else in the world to fix what is broken or to improve on what we have, then how can that be a bad thing?
Old 26th December 2012, 22:57   #199
BHPian

And today one more from Gujarat - Gujarat: Widow gangraped, her male colleague beaten by two unidentified persons

Ashamed to be paying taxes to this country where basic security is not available to its citizens.
Old 26th December 2012, 23:16   #200
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the news on fb, The girl moved out of safdarjung and she is likely to be flown out of country for treatment.

God bless her, Wish her a speedy recovery.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 26th December 2012 at 23:18.
Old 27th December 2012, 01:04   #201
Senior - BHPian

Victim's condition critical. The government and doctors attending her had a meeting after which the girl was flown to singapore for treatment.

I hope her situation improves now.

SOURCE: Girl's condition critical. Flown to singapore.
Old 27th December 2012, 02:07   #202
Senior - BHPian

I think the Girl is dying. And the Govt does not want that to happen in India.
In fact there has been no medical bulletin today.

We need Egypt style revolution. I know that the replacement might be even worse.
But we need to get rid of this Govt. I can't stand the sight of these Swines grunting in front of cam.

God ! Are you really there?
Old 27th December 2012, 07:15   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I have to ask. What is the purpose of comparing crime stats across the countries?
No country will have a 0% rate of crime. Everywhere laws are broken. It is human nature. Saying that so and so place has more crime rate or more exploitation will do nothing except give some false sense of comfort. But that in no way will be justification enough to turn our backs on crimes being committed in our own backyard. And if we are making more noise than anywhere else in the world to fix what is broken or to improve on what we have, then how can that be a bad thing?
Agreed that crime cannot be brought to 0%. I was just debating on what kind of measures would be a strong deterrent, since Saudi has a different type of punishment. If you thought my posts were about me turning my back onto the crimes being committed in our country, you are very wrong.

Would such crimes reduce if prostitution was legalised? What if castration was adopted? 100 lashes would be good reminder ?

I'd be glad to see the whole system over hauled. Aam janta always bears the cost of everything, lackadaisical governance from corrupt officials.

Last edited by Blue_V : 27th December 2012 at 07:18.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:02   #204
BANNED

She has been flown to the Mt Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore. This is the same hospital where Rajnikanth and Amar Singh had their transplants.

Apparently she had an MI the previous night and it was then that Dr. Trehan was called in.

What happened to the HC order that she be treated in a Super Speciality Hospital. Why did our Govt stick with Safdarjung (a very good General Hospital) but not an SS hospital.

Why was she put through a trauma of having to give her statement twice?

Assuming that she survives and has a successful transplant, who will pay the Rs.50k or so per month for the anti-rejection drugs for her entire life?
Old 27th December 2012, 09:37   #205
BANNED

SACK THIS OFFICER

For heaven's sake, stop this,........this is barbaric.....Train our cops to handle riots.
Attached Thumbnails
The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide, 4 others hanged!-cops.jpg  

Last edited by sgiitk : 27th December 2012 at 09:39.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:50   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
SACK THIS OFFICER

For heaven's sake, stop this,........this is barbaric.....Train our cops to handle riots.
This looks to be a senior official. Anyone up for deciphering the badges?
This should be shared with the name, I feel.
Old 27th December 2012, 10:00   #207
BHPian

I have a feeling that we are in a cycle of civilization. After our glories thousands of years ago, we are transitioning to the nadir. Revival is possible only when we hit the bottom; suffer till then. Based on this analogy, I'll not be surprised if the same set of goons come back to power in 2014.

@sgiitk - the police officer would have known that he is being photographed. But, he is not bothered, he is as as thick skinned as our netas.

Last edited by sa_kiran : 27th December 2012 at 10:04.
Old 27th December 2012, 10:18   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
If you thought my posts were about me turning my back onto the crimes being committed in our country, you are very wrong.
I know my post was right after yours but it was not directed at your post in particular. I am sorry that it came out like that. It was more of a rant against posts throwing stats from other countries and using that to justify their point that what has happened here happens all across the world and we need not whip ourselves into a frenzy over it. I think if whipping ourselves into frenzy brings about even 1% change in the existing situation, then it is worth it. Other countries' state be damned.
Old 27th December 2012, 10:22   #209
BANNED

Yes, it is a Ashok plus 3 stars - equivalent to a Brigadier. If I remember right from my NCC days: Major - Ashok only, Lt. Col add 1 star, Col 2 -stars and Brig - three stars.
Old 27th December 2012, 10:40   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Yes, it is a Ashok plus 3 stars - equivalent to a Brigadier. If I remember right from my NCC days: Major - Ashok only, Lt. Col add 1 star, Col 2 -stars and Brig - three stars.
The rank of Major equates to Dy.SP in the Police force.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks