Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2012, 18:09   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

I woke up this morning at 5:20 am a lot earlier than usual, and as soon as I did I knew she was no more probably more to do with hearing her condition last night. I switched on the TV and saw the sad news. I had hoped that she would pull through cos at 23 year of age she's hardly seen life, and for her, there was so much to look forward to.
And through these 13 days I've kept wondering why did those guys batter her so badly and that too with a iron rod. I can think of no reason even though they may be sick in their minds. If they were so brave then they should have joined the army.

She battled on bravely all these days after the cowards beat her up. How much of the same punishment would these six be able to bear. No one has a right to do such a thing to another human being be it man or woman.

Today I read something in a card " A sunset on Earth is a Sunrise in Heaven" and I'm hoping this is true.

To her parents and brothers "We embrace you tenderly in our thoughts and prayers, during your time of sorrow."
Old 29th December 2012, 18:36   #272
Senior - BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Only the thread Friend. Else it will become just another place to rant. I agree that the government should act, but actions always speak louder than words. Most of us here ( me included) are good at platitudes and writing things but how many of us will act, when things get right down to it? Think on that while looking hard within.
You or I may not be upto it, it needs to start somewhere. And I think the way things are going on in this country, with multitude of events back to back, a Civil War or Tahrir square type of revolution is not too far off if the political class (across the spectrum and not just one party) doesn't get its act together.

Remember the nation consists of 65% under 35 and are being governed by the oldies who don't even understand the aspirations and thinking of this major section.

While I'm immensely saddened by this particular incident like the rest of country, I feel a major structural change is required and may not be too far off!
Old 29th December 2012, 18:55   #273
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
You or I may not be upto it, it needs to start somewhere. And I think the way things are going on in this country, with multitude of events back to back, a Civil War or Tahrir square type of revolution is not too far off if the political class (across the spectrum and not just one party) doesn't get its act together.

Remember the nation consists of 65% under 35 and are being governed by the oldies who don't even understand the aspirations and thinking of this major section.

While I'm immensely saddened by this particular incident like the rest of country, I feel a major structural change is required and may not be too far off!
The third war of Indian Independence? Independence from dynastic politics, goonda ism, corruption, business-political nexus, scams et al!
We can and must do our bit but I still feel the above wishes are utopian.
Enough said. I am out of this thread.
Old 29th December 2012, 18:56   #274
vij
BHPian

Is it because this case was widely discussed on TV or because of the brutality of it all I wonder - because, I just shed tears for her -
Old 29th December 2012, 20:44   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
You can do something. Educate your friends, your family. Stop harrasmemt from happening if you see it. There is a lot you can do
Yes, true.
But in India, we need stricter law enforcement, so that people have fear of law! What's lacking here is not laws, but the enforcement of the same. "Chalta hai" attitude has to stop.
Old 29th December 2012, 20:53   #276
BHPian

I read a superb take on a different site.
The girl was sent to Singapore for better treatment.
Now send the criminals to Saudi Arabia for better justice.

A few days back shri Shinde stated that he too was a father of a girl.Only thing he did not add that she enjoyed Z security.
Here is a link to a cartoon from the times of India on ministers making such comments.Please do see it.
Regards

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML
Old 29th December 2012, 21:08   #277
BHPian

It is such a sad feeling, no words to describe. May her soul rest in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The third war of Indian Independence? Independence from dynastic politics, goonda ism, corruption, business-political nexus, scams et al!
We can and must do our bit but I still feel the above wishes are utopian.
Enough said. I am out of this thread.
I feel more repent about our judiciary than any of the above you quoted. I always wondered how our judicial system always comes unscathed. I have experienced personally on how a very simple case that can be resolved by a person with little common sense in a couple of hours, gets dragged in our courts for years. The cases gets postponed innumerable times for no reason making the victim more miserable and distressed. Victims, suspects, witnesses, no body is spared. Our investigative agencies have no respect for human rights, no concern to the trauma a victim goes through, and I am sad to say that our judicial system no better.

Last edited by umvarma : 29th December 2012 at 21:10.
Old 30th December 2012, 00:47   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

I still think the government isnt afraid of any of this because they think it will all fizzle out. The Indian politicians, the vast majority of them, have never really cared about those who they claim to represent. Just like what happened with Anna Hazare. You know I commend the media this time for hounding them. Arnab Goswami is really doing a good job . He had one of the top ranking cops on his show the other night and that police officer claimed he can't do his job. I understand that Delhi is a huge city but still. If one police agency, the Alaska State Troopers, can cover one state in the US, Alaska, which is 1/4th the size of India, then there is no excuse. Why can't he ask for more help? More manpower, more technology?
Old 30th December 2012, 01:33   #279
BHPian

Not trying to politicise the issue. But arnab is shamefully an MP. Please do go through this video.

Last edited by anupamsinha : 30th December 2012 at 01:52.
Old 30th December 2012, 01:58   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamsinha View Post
Not trying to politicise the issue. But arnab is shamefully an MP. Please do go through this video.
Oh that video was hilarious . I watched it last night and Pranab Muhkerji's son couldn't even own up to what he said. They are all like this, no matter what poiltical party. These are our leaders, and it's disgusting and shameful to know that.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 31st December 2012 at 10:18. Reason: Removed video embed from quote for benefit of mobile users.
Old 30th December 2012, 06:29   #281
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:

ht and that police officer claimed he can't do his job. I understand that Delhi is a huge city but still. If one police agency, the Alaska State Troopers, can cover one state in the US, Alaska, which is 1/4th the size of India, then there is no excuse. Why can't he ask for more help? More manpower, more technology?
All good as theory. Not so in practice. As Alaska is 25% the size of India in land area, the discontented, lumpen population of Alaska as compared to India must be about 0.2% or something of the kind. Add the fact that the police there are free to do their jobs and are well equipped and empowered as well, and there you are. A no brainer.

Quote:

. These are our leaders, and it's disgusting and shameful to know that.
None of these creatures are leaders, merely elected representatives. And politics being the last refuge of scoundrels, this kind of nonsense is only to be expected. Politics as Religion are opiates of the uneducated masses in India.
Old 30th December 2012, 08:01   #282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I understand that Delhi is a huge city but still. If one police agency, the Alaska State Troopers, can cover one state in the US, Alaska, which is 1/4th the size of India, then there is no excuse.
Alaska is actually 52% the size of India. But that is the geographical size. The crimes are not committed by land mass. Delhi population is 20 times more than Alaska population, that is what matters.
Old 30th December 2012, 08:38   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Alaska is actually 52% the size of India. But that is the geographical size. The crimes are not committed by land mass. Delhi population is 20 times more than Alaska population, that is what matters.
Wow, yeah when you put it that way, that is pretty big. The point I was trying to make was st one agency can cover such a huge landmass and has little problems. Maybe a better comparison would be LA or NYC, where crime has actually been falling for the most part. Still, if the Delhi police cannot do their jobs, either the chief of police must ask for help or he must side with the people and protest against the government. I know the population of Delhi is enormous, which is why more manpower and more technology is needed. Why do politicians other than the PM and his immediate cabinet need protection? If they claim to serve the people, then they should walk amongst us. That would free up police to cover other areas. That cop on Arnab's show said there are 600 PCR vans in Delhi, yet crime is still rising. What does that tell us?!? The women panelists on his show also brought up another good point saying that women are so afraid to go to the police because of the treatment they recieve.

Last edited by CaliAtenza : 30th December 2012 at 08:40.
Old 30th December 2012, 10:33   #284
BANNED

Now immediate effect of Sheila being booed off. Sonia & Maunmohan at the airport, Sheila and RPN at the cremation.

Still treating India like their Jaizaad (Ancestral Property). Close off Central ND and 10 Metro Stations yesterday and today.
Old 30th December 2012, 11:38   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Now immediate effect of Sheila being booed off. Sonia & Maunmohan at the airport, Sheila and RPN at the cremation.

Still treating India like their Jaizaad (Ancestral Property). Close off Central ND and 10 Metro Stations yesterday and today.
It's showing the level of concern people have when after the death they ask for people to maintain peace and calm, rather than their first expression being of showing concern for the kin.

There was a picture of a demonstrator carrying a placard, in the paper, which shows the ineptitude of supposed keepers of the order
"metro kaise band kiya, tumhare baap ke paise se bana hai kya? "
(how dare you close the metro. Did your father pay for it? )

On a separate note,the police official who was kicking that protester a few pages back, has been ID'd on facebook.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks