Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2013, 12:32   #316
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

15 lakh compensation to the girls family. In an Incredible India where politicians scams and thievery run into tens of thousands of Crores!
Old 1st January 2013, 13:02   #317
BHPian

But that 15lakhs and the job offer is a bribe from the government.

I also think that that increasing punishment for rape is the wrong incentive, rapists will rather kill than let the victim go if the death penalty is used for rape.

What should change are laws for assault and violence.

Also police think they are still part of the British raj and are plain nasty to regular people.

Instead of standing up for the weak they ensure that the weak are put down and are scared of approaching the cops.

Who here respects the police or voluntarily goes to them for small injustices?

They are the worst leeches in the system.

Not taking a FIR must be made a crime too.

Police exams should probably also include some way of sorting out for empathy or the candidates don't pass.

I have seen in bangalore policemen doing rounds collecting from shopkeepers at 11, then going home. You can bet that there is no patrolling after that.

You can guess what form of payment from the local prostitutes.

Sorry about the rant but I am sick of the media just playing the gallery.
Old 1st January 2013, 16:32   #318
BHPian

Re: Damini: Safety band Security of Women in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post

When a small time goonda gets away with a petty crime like eve teasing, without a fitting punishment as per the existing laws, it the fault of
1. The citizen, who failed to report the crime and decided to bear it instead
2. The Constable at the police station, who refused to write the complain when he was refused bribe
3. The Police Commissioner, who was indifferent about his staff's incompetence
4. The Judicial system, which delayed the punishment so much that the complainant just stopped pursuing his/her case
First and foremost, it was the duty of the state to provide an environment where a Citizen is empowered to file a complaint; where a Constable is paid enough to raise a family and he is afraid of the consequences in case he is corrupt; The Commissioner is not made helpless from above by Ministers and from below by Unions and the Judicial System is strengthened with strong perjury laws.

The Indian state has miserably failed to provide all these to the Citizens. So please do not find fault with the victims.

For a moment, imagine you are a Judge. There are a couple of opponents before you. Both are lying through their teeth. How on earth can you possibly decide which one of them is correct? The judicial system works on truth but here false statements under oaths and false affidavits are the norm. Things are so bad that even if you make a 100% true statement in Court, the Judge will think that you are lying!! How can a Judge dispense justice when there are no consequences for lying in Court?

And this is where the system starts failing.
Strong consequences or sentences cannot be handed out when you are not sure that you have unearthed the truth.

I feel that all of us, each and every Citizen of India is a victim. A person is victimized in one area, he learns that there are no consequences for those who victimized him and soon starts victimizing others. Everybody other than the ruling monarchy are victims in India.

Here the honest languish and those without integrity soar to great heights. This is the reality. And this is because of our rulers!

Here are some old lines which everyone must have heard:
Ramchandra keh gaye siya se
aisa kaljug aayega
hans chugega daana dunka
kauwa moti khayega!

Last edited by lapsi : 1st January 2013 at 16:36.
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:37   #319
BHPian

What is the use of law, if it can't punish this beast?
http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-F...e1-984188.aspx
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:51   #320
Senior - BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
This is barbarianism and rarest of rare clause should be applied. Will the law subject everyone involved from the authorities responsible for bus running with fake address etc as enablers for the crime?
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:53   #321
BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
This is barbarianism and rarest of rare clause should be applied. Will the law subject everyone involved from the authorities responsible for bus running with fake address etc as enablers for the crime?
I read somewhere that the wrist test results (I don't know what is this) show this beast's age as 17.5 years. Adding to this vague law is the govt, which is playing communal card.
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:02   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Quote:
I read somewhere that the wrist test results (I don't know what is this) show this beast's age as 17.5 years. Adding to this vague law is the govt, which is playing communal card.
Maybe I'm being too cynical, but what about the possibility that the defense counsel for these guys have discussed and decided to put the maximum blame on the juvenile, primarily him being a juvenile. Not 100% sure of how the law differentiates between an adult and a juvenile, but there probably might be leniency for the latter.
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:09   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is so not right. Juvenile or not, he committed those heinous crimes against that girl!! What are they gonna come up with next - insanity plea?

Skin them alive and let them rot; let them see maggots on their rotting bodies and die slow painful deaths!
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:18   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Reading this makes me numb and lump throated. Even though he is a juvenile, he should not be given any leeway for that! Only if he also has his intestines ripped off and bled to death, he and others will learn a lesson. The best punishment i suggest for all these is public torture till death! Hanging is too painless for the barbaric deed that they have commited! When the world sees their torture to death, it will instill fear in others who will think twice before even thinking of doing such crime, let alone actually do it!

Lets see what this so called "Fast Track" process will do!
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:33   #325
BHPian

Quote:
That almost made me puke my gut out. The very thought of him being able to walk away , just because he is a juvenile , is frustrating.

Crime is a crime, and if let out alive, he is going to be a barbaric criminal. Either shut him in for his life without sunlight and no parole, or change the rule and hang him.
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:42   #326
BANNED

Saw Mr Maijid Memon on the TV yesterday stating that the refusal of lawyer's to defend may delay the case.
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:53   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

I sometimes don't understand the law. What is the defence lawyer going to fight upon in this "open and shut" case other than pleading guilty. Even in that case if the lawyer succeeds in letting them off lightly with only jail terms then can he really go home and look into his daughter's eyes? Or even his own perhaps? Such cases, just like Kasabs should be beyond such rheotric.
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:54   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He should be thrown naked in a hungry tiger\lions cage
I cant even imagine what made him do that,he should be killed as soon as possible.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 3rd January 2013 at 13:55.
Old 3rd January 2013, 14:02   #329
BHPian

Lawyers invent loopholes and all kinds of witnesses to defend the indefensible. Why can't they invent "rarest of rare criminal" category to punish this beast? This beast committed this kind of dastardly act at the age of 17 years. Imagine what he will be capable of after a few years.

None of the accused should be given death penalty, that is a very soft punishment. They should be castrated, made incapable of all physical acts and thrown into the society, to live with everyday taunts and abuses.
Old 3rd January 2013, 14:05   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
He should be thrown naked in a hungry tiger\lions cage
I cant even imagine what made him do that,he should be killed as soon as possible.
The lions and tigers should be made to starve for weeks and then these criminals should be fed. The juvenile accused committed such a heinous crime and what would happen if he escapes punishment and comes out of the jail? What is the guarantee that he will not repeat such crimes? Please not treat him or any of the other 6 accused on any soft grounds. They all should suffer to death!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks