Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2012, 10:40   #241
BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Irrespective of what we can, can we change anything ?
After this incidence we can that even Hitler was not this cruel. There are so many crime against women that many are not even recorded. Great Indian land and great Indian culture ?

Unless and untill we have something sharp and concrete as a change, we have failed once again. Forget hopeless situation, we are heading into chaos and no rule land. And why close metro stations ?

Democracy, trust, respect, humanity and all other positive values are murdered in India, a nation which was respected by world once upon a time. Be it this case or Scarlet case in Goa, we are in a zone which is more hypocrate that a war zone.
It starts by stopping indecent behavior. Protecting women. If you see someone harass a woman or girl, you gotta confront that person. At least a group should confront them. Women should be allowed to carry tazers, which can serve as an effective deterrent. Last, but not least, we need to elect different politicians,. People who will lead us, not toy with us.
Old 29th December 2012, 11:06   #242
Senior - BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

RIP young soul.

Sometime back happened to travel on a interstate VOLVO AC bus of a reputed travel operator.

I was extremely surprised and shocked to see that the bus was operating at less than 20% of its capacity. There were hardly 10 people in the whole bus throughout the journey.
The bus traveled thru' many non existent roads and very unfamiliar places (prolly to cut down on the distance and time???) despite the availability of a well laid highway to reach the destination.

All the 15 odd passengers were made vulnerable to all possible crimes en-route.

I really don't know if it is a standard practice or it was a one off incident. But all I can say is it is not really safe for anybody to travel in such a setup.

Why can't the Government make some laws to regulate these operators?
Old 29th December 2012, 11:08   #243
BHPian

I'm deeply saddened by this. I'm getting even more angry on those 6 accused. What are we waiting for? When will they be convicted and punished? Are the Indian courts on vacation?
Old 29th December 2012, 11:08   #244
BHPian

RIP to the girl !!

God bless her soul.
Old 29th December 2012, 11:13   #245
BHPian

The inevitable has happened. She succumbed.

She is out of the torture, the pain.

I so wished she would come out alive and be the face for a fight against cruelty against women and children.

We woudlnt learn our lessons, sadly ! Even today, search in the inner columns of leading news papers, there are enough rapes to churn your belly.

Questions are asked about facebook/keyboard warriors. But remember , a similar war uprooted a regime. Most of our young MPs are on twitter and fb and do read them actively. Im sure they read what India is thinking. If I cant go to an India gate to protest, I would rather be heard on the medium i can protest on. So I see no shame in being a keyboard warrior.

What should the legislature do ? They should call for an immediate session of both houses of parliament, with the President presiding over it, and a law be made to ensure capital punishment to rape convicts. Eve Teasing should not be a petty crime. It should be made molestation.
Old 29th December 2012, 11:30   #246
M35
BHPian

I am feeling ashamed to say I belong here. People have become hypocrites. Every body seems to be in a hurry, in a search of sheer individual pleasure and money. The culture and traditions have no more influence on people. No more respect for our parents, elders, teachers and women. When other countries moving ahead of us in all aspects of life we are still living in caves where women and children are unsafe even in day time.
Old 29th December 2012, 11:37   #247
BHPian

Facebook and keyboard warriors are very useful in spreading the message. Instead of the usual spin given by paid media.

The sad part is that she had the will to live after being in such pain and nobody could keep her alive :-(.

The government I am sure arranged for the transfer to keep her out of the media, otherwise there were reports about her every hour.
Health care in India is just as good as anywhere else in the world.
Old 29th December 2012, 11:48   #248
Senior - BHPian

TIMES NOW stopped its broadcast for a minute to pay its tribute!
Old 29th December 2012, 11:53   #249
BHPian

May her soul Rest in Peace & Her family get enough strength and support to pass through this traumatic time.
I'm filled with shame on how our administration/politics and police handled the whole situation.
Old 29th December 2012, 11:55   #250
Senior - BHPian

Valid and thought-provoking points in the below article..
Quote:
...The government’s actions suggest that it views people as an impediment to its own political priorities, whatever they are.
http://www.firstpost.com/india/gangr...vt-571314.html
Old 29th December 2012, 13:07   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Valid and thought-provoking points in the below article..

http://www.firstpost.com/india/gangr...vt-571314.html
A lot of good stories on that website. Seems that the CM of Delhi is trying to allow the protestors to go to India Gate. I feel like we have reached a tipping point though. Hopefully something good comes out of all of this.
Old 29th December 2012, 13:14   #252
BANNED

RIP brave young soul.
Feeling shame to live in such a city and country.
Old 29th December 2012, 13:37   #253
BHPian

Her photos are coming out. Seeing many posting it in FB now.

Some are from singapore hospital and some seems before in India.

I do not agree to using her image. We didnt give her any respect when she was alive. Show some respect to a dead angel.

Pls dont post her photos.
Old 29th December 2012, 13:39   #254
BHPian

RIP, let her soul be at peace.
I don't think anything is going to change in here. We will find excuses to get out of this also. People will find other amusing topics to discuss. When people say "influence of western culture", I feel like hitting them. The so called bad western culture is 100 times better than this Great Indian culture (if one still exists). Today, I feel ashamed to be born here, not able to do anything :(
Old 29th December 2012, 13:47   #255
Senior - BHPian

RIP young warrior.

Filled with remorse and sorrow. Hope the system wakes up and do something to curb crimes against women.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed