Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2012, 13:49   #256
Senior - BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Rest in Peace young Girl.

I say with tears in my eyes, cannot say anything more.

Hope this hypocrisy in our Country ends soon. As an father of a daughter, I doubt whether she is safe here.

Thanks,
Old 29th December 2012, 14:37   #257
Senior - BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

I hope the rapists are now charged with first degree murder and the crime is categorised as rarest of the rare cases.
Old 29th December 2012, 14:38   #258
Senior - BHPian

The Girl hasn't died. Instead she has moved to a better world where no Rapes happen.

A shameful day for every Indian citizen.

Rest in peace brave girl.

Last edited by dZired : 29th December 2012 at 14:40.
Old 29th December 2012, 14:47   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
RIP, let her soul be at peace.
I don't think anything is going to change in here. We will find excuses to get out of this also. People will find other amusing topics to discuss. When people say "influence of western culture", I feel like hitting them. The so called bad western culture is 100 times better than this Great Indian culture (if one still exists). Today, I feel ashamed to be born here, not able to do anything :(
You can do something. Educate your friends, your family. Stop harrasmemt from happening if you see it. There is a lot you can do
Old 29th December 2012, 14:49   #260
BHPian

A terrible waste of a young soul.

May she find peace in her heavenly abode and her loved ones the strength to bear this loss.

RIP child.
Old 29th December 2012, 15:25   #261
BANNED

RIP young lady.

The govt has locked themselves in. Never heard of the Victoria Monument opposite Buckingham Palace being closed off. I suggest throw away the keys and leave them there!

I am happy to see that the demonstration is totally peaceful and apolitical. Even happier to see the CM being booed off.
Old 29th December 2012, 16:10   #262
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Its over now. Let us move on and close this thread.

Our sadness and sentiments remain and in this dark hour for India one holds out hope as well, for a better tomorrow.

Poor girl. She has gone to a happier place beyond the veil. May she rest in peace, undisturbed and inviolate. Amen.
Old 29th December 2012, 16:33   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Its over now. Let us move on and close this thread.

With all due respect, i dont think it should be over . This should be a start. Her death should spark more stronger debates in all possible forums and force the govt to act.
Old 29th December 2012, 16:39   #264
Senior - BHPian

Ashamed of calling myself an Indian today. Thread should be kept alive. This movement must go on.

RIP Brave Girl.

:-(:-(
Old 29th December 2012, 16:40   #265
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

With all due respect, i dont think it should be over . This should be a start. Her death should spark more stronger debates in all possible forums and force the govt to act.
Only the thread Friend. Else it will become just another place to rant. I agree that the government should act, but actions always speak louder than words. Most of us here ( me included) are good at platitudes and writing things but how many of us will act, when things get right down to it? Think on that while looking hard within.
Old 29th December 2012, 17:00   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Only the thread Friend. Else it will become just another place to rant. I agree that the government should act, but actions always speak louder than words. Most of us here ( me included) are good at platitudes and writing things but how many of us will act, when things get right down to it? Think on that while looking hard within.
With all due respect Shankar, we need a thread where we can discuss things like this. It's not about the government anymore. They are pretty useless at this point. Its about changing ourselves first.
Old 29th December 2012, 17:30   #267
Senior - BHPian

Rest in peace little one. May God bless your soul. The hurt and pain I feel is like I've lost my own baby sister :'(

What are we going to do about the life abruptly brought to an end? Is going to be another piece of old news, a closed chapter or are we going to do something about it?
Old 29th December 2012, 17:53   #268
BHPian

If the blame is to be apportioned for this crime - then do not please fail to give credit to the corrupt law enforcement which is nothing short of [1] an oppression machinery for the citizens and [2] the resident goons of the power elite like the Brownshirts & the Gestapo of the Nazis.

Indian citizens are subjected to crime every day and suffer in silence every day, because they know their rights have been hijacked by the netas, the babus, the cops and the criminals who thrive due to the magnanimity of the the power elite at the very least if not their outright collusion with these criminals.
Old 29th December 2012, 17:57   #269
BANNED

Just one thing it is about time that Indian Cinema, Bolly,Kolly,Tolly,Sandal etc wood stopped creating those horrible eve teasing, harassment and rape related scenes in the movies complete with lewd remarks, item song scenes et al. We are not mature enough a society to handle these things with aplomb.
They could be an important contributing factor to shaping our behavioural attitudes especially in the case of those wanton, lumpen creatures beneath flat stones, that comprise some of our miserable countrymen.
Old 29th December 2012, 18:01   #270
BHPian

RIP, young lady.

1) Selective abortion of girl children
2) Not having equal educational opportunities (in some states)
3) Dowry menace
4) Pinching/groping in crowded public places and
5) The ultimate cruelty -- rape cum murder

What more should a female bear in one of oldest civilizations of planet !!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks