Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2012, 18:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Sachin Tendulkar retires from ODI cricket

The god, Inspiration to billions retires from ODI. ODI cricket won't be the same and I really can not put my emotions in words. Will miss u Sachin.
Old 23rd December 2012, 18:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post

That's a real great collection. I relived all the moments of those days today. Thank you.
Too special a player. I didn't want people to remember his last 2 years and instead want to cherish the numerous classy match winning innings that he had given us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
BTW, how did you miss the double hundred? For me, seeing his arms up in the air, his head held high up after every feat he achieved were some of the best moments.

A parting picture:
Attachment 1030127

Source
Yes, the 200 was very special statistically. But, I love that 175 and the twin Sharjah innings more than the 200 for the way the runs were scored.

Here comes the 200 -
Old 23rd December 2012, 18:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yes, he is brilliant, yes, he is a maestro, yes, he is a genius, and yes, we may not probably find another Tendulkar, but thank God he is retiring.

He should have retired right after the world cup win. Specially for his stature, it's very very bad when people start asking why he is not retiring. Our selectors have never had had the guts to drop the bigwigs when they were not performing. Also at his age, he is likely to play another year at the most, not more than that. So instead of waiting and waiting and waiting for him to find his old charm, it would have been prudent to go with someone like Rahane or another youngster who could be groomed for international cricket.
Old 23rd December 2012, 19:56   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Yes, he is great cricketer and probably the greatest. I respect that, but, IMO he should have retired earlier itself. Winning world cup was his dream and I was hoping he will retire on the ground itself when India won the world cup. Better late than never. I think he should retire from test cricket as well and probably start coaching.
Old 23rd December 2012, 20:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I think he should retire from test cricket as well and probably start coaching.
He should retire from tests and attend parliament. He shouldn't take MP's duties this lightly; it is a public service obligation he has undertaken. Cricket has to come second. As it is all the elected MPs are useless, if the nominated members start taking things lightly, phir kya hoga is desh ka?
Old 23rd December 2012, 21:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Sachin
Probably the best birthday gift I could ask for.
Now please dont wait for my next birthday to retire from test cricket
Old 23rd December 2012, 23:09   #22
BHPian

I was shocked to hear the news, thank you Sachin for entertaining us for all these years. I was actually waiting for ODI's to begin just to watch him bat again and get some good runs and return back to form. After Sachin gets out I will switch off the TV or change to a new channel automatically. Very sad day to me indeed.

This is my 200th post :(

Thanks,
Srinivas.R

Last edited by sriswe : 23rd December 2012 at 23:10.
Old 23rd December 2012, 23:14   #23
BHPian

Good decision but bit late. No doubt that he was the best batsman of all time but younger talent has to be nurtured for a better future of Indian cricket.

Last edited by GTO : 24th December 2012 at 16:22. Reason: Please PROOF-READ your posts before submitting. Correcting typos
Old 23rd December 2012, 23:16   #24
BHPian

A former player quoted people wanted him to retire soon but after doing so today people are asking why did he retire!! cant understand Indian people
Old 23rd December 2012, 23:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
The god, Inspiration to billions retires from ODI. ODI cricket won't be the same and I really can not put my emotions in words. Will miss u Sachin.
Why can't we pray our tributes without being overtly emotional, to the point that is sounds absolutely meaningless. Have you ever felt like this, much less written about it, about our real life hero's?
Old 23rd December 2012, 23:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5

Even if you create a ruckus & cry like a baby it's no use. Once the umpire says out (even wrongly) any player cannot continue. Nothing graceful/leader like in sachin walking away timidly.

I feel that sachin was long overdue. Sharad pawar played his bit here definitely.
Hey, thanks for your post. Without people like you such forums would become plane Jane and so boringly predictable. I haven't done much in my life to suggest that Sachin was long overdue, can't say about you though.
On the point of not having a choice after been given out, well a highly regarded former Indian great actually walked off with non striker over a decision which he thought was wrong.
Sharad Pawar thing was too much though, by any chance you report for some Hindi news channel?
Old 23rd December 2012, 23:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

One thing is for sure, his cars will be driven more and spotted more. The GTR, the new M5
Old 23rd December 2012, 23:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

I think he should have retired at the World Cup victory.
That was the best time. He would have gone at the peak.

On a lighter note:
http://www.theunrealtimes.com/2012/1...ent-from-odis/

Best one from it is the one from a certain "M MS" saying: @SRT, High command wants you to retire from tests too in case protests don't subside.

Last edited by download2live : 24th December 2012 at 00:09.
Old 23rd December 2012, 23:51   #29
BHPian

I also felt that he should have retired just after India won the world cup.

But that doesn't hold me to call him as the greatest batsman I have ever watched.

If I want a batsman to take 50/60 runs in a match (irrespective of the format) for my life, I will definitely choose Sachin.

We have Dravid and Gavaskar in test, Sehwag,Dhoni and Yuvraj in T20, but sachin is always there in all formats of the game.
Old 24th December 2012, 00:32   #30
BHPian

Engrohit
Hi
I remember that incident.However he was stopped before they crossed the boundary line.They were warned that if they crossed they would effectively be surrendering the match and would be declared losers.
Hi everybody
Quite of few members have welcomed ST's decision to retire.
Here is a link from DNA(23/12/2012) titled"Tendulkar's last hurrah-at what cost"
Please do read it.
Regards

http://epaper.dnaindia.com/story.asp...009&ed_page=17

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks