Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2006, 19:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

i guess he is trying to align himself with the rowdies of bangy who hate MNCs. this way he loses urban votes but gains millions of rural votes.

not to mention his real estate business.

so bangy can take 2 more steps backwards.
Old 8th May 2006, 21:21   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
i
not to mention his real estate business.

so bangy can take 2 more steps backwards.

Two outer ring roads coming + arterial roads......Mr Gowda and sons are back in business. Mysore Road is a mere side show
Old 8th May 2006, 23:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit

Let's not get into specifics of toll charges, incidents like these will scare of infrastructure investors and give India a bad name. ?
Why not ? Devegowda or No Devegowda , It is people like us who will pay the tolls. So IMO there is nothing wrong in trying to find out how much people like us are prepared to pay to use these expressways.

If you see the link quoted by me earlier, most of the expressways opened so far are making losses.. obviously their costing and pricing is not spot on IMO.

The mumbai - pune express way is making losses and people are sneaking in after toll booths to save some money !! Will this not scare away investors?

Peace.
Old 8th May 2006, 23:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
I thought Gowda is known for his dozing in office and meetings. Why do people wake him up?
That's gud HUMOUR !!
Old 9th May 2006, 01:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why not ? Devegowda or No Devegowda , It is people like us who will pay the tolls. So IMO there is nothing wrong in trying to find out how much people like us are prepared to pay to use these expressways.
I agree with what you have to say but toll charges takes this thread off topic as this is more about how in 2006 India, the whims and fancies of politicans matter more then common's man's quality of life and even Supreme Court's jusdgements.
Old 9th May 2006, 15:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12

I wont mind paying even 200 as toll , but if there is an almost equally good alternate available, many people will not use this.
The whole idea behind developing the infrastructure highway and the accompanying townships was to moot a twin city concept- Bangalore & Mysore.
Wouldnt paying Rs 200 one-way as toll negate the whole concept all together?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks