Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2006, 20:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

I still have one china make Ferrari which still runs perfectly and quite a big model.
Old 16th December 2006, 01:08   #17
BHPian

i have one mugen buggy with a 23 CC engine which runs on petrol with 2t oil mix. Has a top speed of around 85KMPH and also has disc brakes lol!!!! It has a pull start system to start the engine- basically is a mopeds engine! its a blast ripping it!!
Also had a kyosho inferno but that ran on methanol and castor oil...now am into aeromodelling- once you start flying gas powered r/c planes the cars get a little boring hehehe....anyone here whose into aeromdelling??
Old 16th December 2006, 01:37   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I had a red Ferrari F50.... radio controlled for forward/backward movement and steering.

Paid around 4K for it 7-8 years back..... Played with it like crazy.... It still works, but I have lost interest
Old 16th December 2006, 12:57   #19
BHPian

I dont remember what rc cars i had when i was a kid, but few months back, i just bought a BMW 6 Series RC for myself from bkk, and its around 2 feet long! really awesome, great speed! needs a nice big hall to muck around!

battery is chargeable thru a wall charger, and the remote comes with a alloywheel with tyre kinda streering. Has Horn, and Reverse, and Headlights
Old 16th December 2006, 20:21   #20
elf
BANNED

Had loads of RC cars when I was a kid, between 20 & 30 years ago. All had rubber tyres, basic suspensions, left / right steering & forward / reverse joystick controls, & used to inhale batteries for a living. Those that I remember:
* DeTomaso Pantera
* at least 5 Porsche 911s
* at least 3 Porsche 930s
* Porsche 936
* various police cruisers
* BMW M1 (independent suspension, tail/brake lights, front markers)
* Jeep (independent suspension, 3 speed, all terrain - Golden Eagle).

Wifey & me went shopping for my friend's kid (a 4 year old) recently, & I found myself in the toy section of a mall after years. Ended up buying a nice SUV for him with a suspension & steering. I wanted one too, but wifey (mommy?) didn't let me get it. On the way out, I threw a tantrum - she agreed, & then decided to help me choose one for 'us'.

We ended up with a sweet very basic set of 2 F1 racers (rechargable) running at different frequencies (most important). That evening, a coupla friends came over, & we had some great fun by setting up a makeshift track, some pits, rules (no turbocharging, displacement limit 2.5 litres, etc. etc.) etc.

Nowadays it's just wifey & me who spend many hours racing cars around our room...

And I want no flak from any of you monkeys about the last line whatsoever.

Last edited by elf : 16th December 2006 at 20:23.
Old 17th December 2006, 01:13   #21
BHPian

People i have recently bought a Original nikko made car and the model is awesome Looking Nissan 350Z with a speciallity of drifting......Is'nt it rockin!!!!!! Well i have got 4 spare tyres just to drift and those tyres are absolutely flat to make the car drift and has 4 sets of alloys too so that u can change them according to your Judgement......Man when i tried to dirft for the first time i failed but when i read how to, I made unlimited 360's in the car with only read tyres changed to drift special and man you should see it drifting around the corners and turns, It ROCKS!!!!
Old 17th December 2006, 01:31   #22
BHPian

This thread brings back old memories. Just fished out my childhood r/c car. As a child didn't know what model it was - but I just found out it's a Camaro Z28 E made by Radio Shack Japan. Sadly not in working condition now. Have recently bought a monster truck - China made. Had to tell at home that I won it in some online contest - he he!
Old 17th December 2006, 06:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Just Ordered the Nitro 4Tec 3.3. See the link below for more details...
Waiting for dad to fly back with it..

TRAXXAS Nitro 4-TEC 3.3

Should be in next month...Time goes sooooo slow.

Godfather
Old 18th December 2006, 00:43   #24

Had a authentic[limited edition] lambo countach burnt its barrings
Old 18th December 2006, 09:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokaine View Post
Had a authentic[limited edition] lambo countach burnt its barrings
How may i ask you did that?? also do you have any pics... Its my all time fav car..

Godfather
Old 18th December 2006, 09:35   #26
Team-BHP Support

Hey kokaine me too had a lamborghini countach which exploded and burnt.

I was playing with it in the rain and by mistake drove it in a puddle. After a while it stopped. i got it back home and tried playing a little more. Then i kept it on top of a dehumidifier. after a while hear this huge sound and when i come to see the damn thing just exploded literally caught for the plastic body.

Damn sad it was. this was 12-14 yrs back.

That was my first car, then i got a porsche 959 and then a racing buggy with 2 modes of gearing high and low that was awesome.

Am planning to pick up another now deciding between Nikko subaru impreza wrx sti or another buggy.

Have to take into account poor indian roads for R/C cars too.
Old 18th December 2006, 09:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
I have only one RC car. 1:12 Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM 1000. It is super fast but really never got the chance to put it to test.

http://www.amazon.com/exec....=642906

Come on take a flight to Italy , Monaco has green lights readied for yo to floor your beast.. ..just kidding nice car by the way .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Just Ordered the Nitro 4Tec 3.3. See the link below for more details...
Waiting for dad to fly back with it..

[COLOR=#800080]TRAXXAS Nitro 4-TEC 3.3[/COLOR]

Should be in next month...Time goes sooooo slow.
Holy S!@# ! 70 mph , we can use her in Bangy and Amchi Mumbai , she wont need much parking space ,What more can you want in a car , drool cool looks , fast , light , radio controlled( wifey's wont have to worry much about u stopping at the wrong places before reaching office , coz she can have the conrol in her hand)..its picture perfect and am sure one can reach from point A to B in the fastest time possible provided the rider stays slim and trim !

My collection includes :
1.Lancia Stratos
2.Audi Quattro
...err...thats it , hmm....gotta start buying more ....

Last edited by maxbhp : 18th December 2006 at 09:55.
Old 18th December 2006, 11:26   #28
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
...gotta start buying more ...
Hell yeah! Anybody have a good source in Bombay for R/Cs? Nitro powered / serious electric ones? Not the ones available in kiddie stores.
Old 11th February 2007, 19:28   #29
BHPian

Got this a few days back. Been driving like mad. :-)
Old 11th February 2007, 19:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Need some help here...i blew the chip thingy on my car.was checking out its 4wd capability in phuket on the beach when this monster wave washed up on my car.IT WAS BRAND NEW sniff sniff!!.

So far autoart refuses to sell me the charisma digital proportion chips.Any idea where in bangy i could get the same??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks