Team-BHP - Did you ever own a RC car ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Did you ever own a RC car ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1319-did-you-ever-own-rc-car.html)

i had one.. made by Nikko.. think it was a 1/12 model.. not sure..
but it was pretty big and fast !
loved it like nothing else..
went crazy driving it round the house and on the driveway..

miss those days !

Have many tyco R/C cars. Anyone played with any of those?

I have a Tamiya Subaru - too fast for restricted spaces, need to football ground to use it.

Had one silver Porsche 959. Don't remember the make. Didn't like the long antenna sticking out from the back. Too fast and too furious..

I have 4 R/c cars . 3 are by Nikko which consists of one having caterpillar wheels, another one with jet sounds and one black F40 ... All full function R/C.

Another one I have is a 1:10 scale Audi Quattro with working lights horn brake lights indicators et all

Cheers

Had a nice red sticky F-40 RC once that had a gun type remote and steering that only turned left. I wonder why...

Revv

Had a BMW M1 Turbo Silver with the gun type remote...that even moved if u clap!!
Then had a 1:10 Porsche 962 lemans which went down the staircase once!
1:12 scale Porsche 911 Turbo Police Car
1:12 some unknown Offroader with all suspension, lights working!!

I had a red porsche 911. The lights used to come on when moving forwards and on the 1st day itself i blew up the lights.
It was hungry for battries......used to drain out 4 pencil size in couple of hours.
As u said Hatari.....miss those days.

I had a couple of RC cars ranging fromt he basic kiddie ones to a somewhat decent dirt buggy type. Nothing fancy though and it ran on 8 AA batteries which it used to suck dry in about 30 mins of use. Talk about back mileage!!!

Was fun as hell though, as I first used it in a greyhound bus station while waiting for my bus. Scared the hell outa the ppl there!! Oh yea, i was 11 yrs old at the time, so I can be forgiven !

Rt

I have only one RC car. 1:12 Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM 1000. It is super fast but really never got the chance to put it to test.

http://www.amazon.com/exec....=642906

Man.....i never had a R/C car for more than a month....used to break it open and see whats inside!!
So my dad got wise and stopped getting me those! Had a lot of Hotwheels cars and still do. Had a red Benz truck! With loads of mods done to it. Eg. Four wheels at the back, cardboard made trailers with skating wheels and stuff.........miss those days truly!
Used to play with toy cars till 8th std!!

Again an old thread restarted.
Had lots of the normal chinese ones that appear to go fast whit the turbo boost and all those things.

But now,i got myself a monster truck
Specs-
Full time 4wd-shaft driven
Independant suspension
Kyosho racing motor
Custom metallic green paint job done myself!
Oversize tyres
Digital proportional controller
Steering trim on the remote to control to amount the wheel turns
Throttle trim on the remote To set neutral speed
Digitally controlled speed and steering
And heres the best part....top whack of 55kmph.

Rite now, i blew the chip by taking the car into water.Replacement chip by charisma costs 2.5k from modelart bangalore.This car will kick the modelart guy's ferrari enzo.Both cars are digital proportional and hence speed and steering depends on how hard i press the controls.

This car can be modded even more and with the charisma chip i can easily expect it to do around 60+kmph(along with a new battery pack.)
Future mods planned are:
Longer suspension for the front and rear-oil filled
street "slickish" tires
Upgrade to a better motor
T-bhp sticker on the rear:p

Scale is 1:10.Pics tomorrow! along with a garage update of all my cars

binz

Would like to see ppl post their rc toys in this thread

the latest addition to my collection is in transit. Should be here on the 22nd.

HPI RACING E-SAVAGE.

it is the latest monster truck from HPI which is a slightly update version of the ezilla(hotbodies).

Im getting mine with a set of upgraded Venom racing batteries 4200Miah.
A gt 560 twin motors(upgrade from stock)
And a Ford bronco body.

This thing is extremely quick and will destroy any other monster truck in its path (non nitro).

Will update pics and a few videos when it arrives.

PS: it does 49 MPH with a brushless motor system.

I have many of them which are not worth mentioning.. But for this one..

Citroen Xsara in WRC2004 decals, Fully DP control, with diff rear wheels and full function electricals like break lights, head lamps and turn indicators. Operable at the remote commander.

Unfortunately, this also ended up being my son's toy.

I had a few RC cars too..
Heres what I can remember..

1. A silver BMW with gun Remote..It had working lights but used to turn only in left direction while reversing..
2. Had a wired Red Ferrari F40..used to do the same thing as the BMW.
3. Had got a Turbo Red Ferrari F40..Big..With real engine noise..even had a special turbo level....I never got to test it..But I used to do 180 spins with it..It crashed and from that day has never started..
4. A red 4X4 pickup something like those Chevy trucks..Had a beautiful flame work on it..It even had a seperate battery pack shaped like an engine which used to go in the back and provided special power...Never got to test its limit...(Condition:Not working)
5. Currently have a Huge Monster truck...Too Slow..And Eats up battery too fast..(Condition:Working)
6. Also I right now have a red Pajero..with horn and engine noise..Its fast..can do 180 spins..(Condition:Working)

Guys do you know some one who can restore my ferrari for me..It was nice had real engine noise...and was Fast..I had given once for repairs but it didnt work..and the guy said these things dont last long