Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2004, 19:30   #1
Tom
BHPian

Hi,
Im trying to put up a web-site for for a small home-based business that im setting up.I was looking for some pics to use on the site. Nothing in specific jus something good looking.

Where can I source some good pics from? What about copyright/royalty problems? How serious are they? Also any tips on what resolution pics to use?

PLs help
cheers!
Tom
Old 5th August 2004, 19:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Tom @ Aug. 05 2004,18:00)]Hi,
Im trying to put up a web-site for for a small home-based business that im setting up.I was looking for some pics to use on the site. Nothing in specific jus something good looking.

Where can I source some good pics from? What about copyright/royalty problems? How serious are they? Also any tips on what resolution pics to use?

PLs help
cheers!
Tom
Tom, can you be little more specific? What kinda picture? One can think about copyright/royalty problems after that.
Copyright/royalty problems are pretty serious. You need to be clear about this, especially they're for web site use.
Old 5th August 2004, 20:01   #3
Tom
BHPian

hmmm...for e.g. a group of people of diff colors standing together and smiling
like i said nohting specific...jus wanna make the site look bright and colorful
Old 5th August 2004, 20:14   #4
Team-BHP Support

close up guys will sue u dude..

but what is the source?? if its taken from something like google image u can get away.. i guess.. but if u flick it from another site might land up in trouble.. give me a day ill also ask around
Old 5th August 2004, 20:27   #5
Team-BHP Support

k initial info, u can get picture from net from sites like intutivemedia,freephoto (where u can get for free for non commercial purpose) or buy pics also at around 5$
using general pics like that of villa, can be excused, or if using a creative pic u have to mod it so that it doesnt resemble the original.. :P this is the info i got..
Old 6th August 2004, 15:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey tom Click and Scan ... As for copyrights there is a bit of good news any image altered from the orignal with at least 5 changes cannot be deemed as a copyright voilation

Get to www.gettyimages.com and chill.... (MAKE SURE U TAKE THE ROYALTY FREE IMAGES)

Wanna mess around with the indian snaps get to www.dinodia.com but watch out for the guys as they track...
Old 6th August 2004, 15:51   #7
Tom
BHPian

thanks a ton mate! i'll be approaching u guys for n opinion on the work once it's ready

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks