Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2004, 00:36   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The Rosenfeld family of Los Angeles buried their 1998 Toyota Camry in their front yard in exchange for a new Dodge Magnum RT as winners of Dodge's "Bury Your Car" contest.

"Rust in Peace" - The Dooner Family of Philadelphia buried its 1997 Mercury Mountaineer in their front yard during a mock funeral for the vehicle on Wednesday, July 21 2004.

Some people place classified ads. Others trade in their family vehicle. But what have two whacky families done to replace their cars? They buried them in their front yards.
On July 21, the Dooner Family of Morton, Pennsylvania, buried their 1997 Mercury Mountaineer tail-side-up in their front yard. On the same day, the Rosenfelds of Hacienda Heights, California, also buried their 1998 Toyota Camry in their own front yard to show the world how much they wanted an all-new 2005 Dodge Magnum RT. As winners of Dodge's Bury Your Car contest, these families bid farewell to their vehicles in mock funerals with pallbearers, processions, and tombstones bearing the fateful inscription "Rust In Peace."

Why? Because Dodge asked families to put their vehicles to rest and offered winners an all-new 2005 Dodge Magnum RT in exchange.

"When I read about the Bury Your Car contest I thought it was the perfect gift for my husband -- a fantastic dad," said Maureen Dooner. "The Dodge Magnum allows my husband to drive around with the kids, while enjoying the sportiness and pep of a Hemi engine. We quickly kissed our old Mountaineer goodbye and grabbed our shovels. We can't wait to pile our family into the Dodge Magnum and hit the road in style." The Dooner family includes Maureen and Bill and their two kids, Anna, 1, and Will, 5.

When I read about the Bury Your Car contest I was blown away," said Tim Rosenfeld. "I've been a car enthusiast since the tender age of 13 and have not come across another American car that has the performance capabilities and pricing options of a Dodge Magnum. My wife and daughter love the Dodge Magnum's styling, the space is fantastic for driving my son and his friends back and forth to baseball practice, and I personally can't wait to test out that Hemi-powered engine!" The Rosenfeld family includes Tim and Lorri and their two kids, Alison, 18, and Doug, 14.

"The Dodge Magnum is the new shape of American muscle with its bold design, Hemi V-8 engine, rear-wheel drive, and unique tailgate opening," said George Murphy, senior vice president, marketing - Chrysler Group. "As we demonstrated, the Dodge Magnum will bury the competition with its exceptional combination of style, performance, handling, and versatility. We are thrilled to present the Dooners and Rosenfelds with the all-new 2005 Dodge Magnum RT, and allow them to experience the unparalleled power of the Hemi."

Source : Motortrend
Old 8th August 2004, 14:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow!
Cool new method of advertising!!
Old 8th August 2004, 14:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Why don't they put these schemes in India?
Old 8th August 2004, 19:05   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (satish_appasani @ Aug. 08 2004,12:41)]Why don't they put these schemes in India?
well, for one thing, how many of us city dwellers actually have backyards???

Rt

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks