Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2016, 12:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Have a BWSSB connection? Register your well / borewell by 31/03/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
They are saying we have to pay Rs.1300 for the new meter, anyone else have such an experience in Bangalore ? Please share if you do.
My local BWSSB office is well aware of me due to my frequent complaints and protests there once upon a time. I too had to replace my 10-year old water meter a few months ago as the top had come off and it was no longer giving a reading. When I asked them how much it would cost, the BWSSB office told me that it is free as mine is more than 7 years old.

I had to wait for over 6 months to get a replacement meter, but I think there is a new Chairman at the helm of BWSSB and new meters are aplenty as the meter reader came to my house, dropped the replacement meter and called on my cellphone over the next few days to inquire whether I had swapped the meters. Apparently the new Chairman no longer supports assessed bills.

Long story short, your new meter should be FREE as it is over 7 years old. However some BWSSB employees are charging Rs. 1,300 for meter + Rs. 500 for the plumber who comes with them to install the meter. By the way, the new meter looks very similar to the old meter, so I am not sure how improved it is. I have heard some localities have meters with wireless readers, but I have yet to see one in my locality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks