Team-BHP - Photoshop paint job!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Photoshop paint job!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1345-photoshop-paint-job.html)

Here's something i did last night.......

Original Pic

Red

In Black and Red

Metallic White

In Black

Any photoshopper will know that converting a car into Black is the most difficult, if not impossible, task. But i've found my own way of doin it, what i do is, i convert the car into dark red using "vivid light"or "colour burn", go to "hue/saturation" (ctrl + U), select red (by default it would be on "master"), reduce saturation and lightness to the far left end until the desired shade of black is got. This is what i used for the AM above.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Hey Shan2nu,

Heres my way, pretty straightforward if you think about it...... pretty quick too.

1. Convert the image to grayscale
2. Use the burn tool (probably 2 "coats" of it will make the car nice n black)
3. Use the history brush tool to get back everything u dont want burnt.

wallah>

What i think is incredibly difficult is making a car white!

cheers
R

Topic moved to shifting gears

Yes Rehaan that is also a way of doin it. Photoshop is such a creative software that each user seems to have his own unique way to getting his job done. One of the very reason why i love it so much.

I'd just like to point out a few things in your work.
1. You seem to have lost depth in your black car as i can hardly see any of those shiny bits.
2. Look at the right, side view mirror (from your point of view), it looks grey instead of black.

I realise that this could be, since you didn't give it much time, you took like what 10 mins? On basis of that i think the work is brilliant.

Can anyone convert the AM into perfect white please, would love to know how that can be done but, it has to look realistic.

Rudra!!! Where are you, when we need you the most...........

Regards...
Shan2nu

Nice work Shan2nu and Rehaan. Which version of Photoshop do you use??

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Nice work Shan2nu and Rehaan. Which version of Photoshop do you use??

I use PS7, i think Rehaan is on PS6. But it really doesn't make that big a difference, except for a few special effects/tools.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Right,

Im on PS6 at home since i have an old comp...havent bothered to upgrade/ but in school i have PS7 and PSCS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I'd just like to point out a few things in your work.
1. You seem to have lost depth in your black car as i can hardly see any of those shiny bits.

True, the thing is i overburnt it.... did two 100% intensity layers....which worked out way too dark.....and then i was lazy so i just increased the brightness of the whole image rather than re-doing a second 50-70% intensity layer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]2. Look at the right, side view mirror (from your point of view), it looks grey instead of black.

Actually i had got it to the same black, but then i changed it consciously, but for no real reason other than for it to appear like a different plastic or somehting ! lol
but i agree...it doesnt look so hot!

cya
R

guys, gr8 work !!! if i give u a pic of my car will u manage giving me a paint job that i cud get done ... ?? I wanna get my car painted but just dont know wat color combination 2 get done ...will u guys help ?

We will surely try our best. Post yor pic right here in this thread. BTW, what colour is yor car now and what do you want it to be changed to?

Regards...
Shan2nu

Hey Khaadu,

If your car looks like a stock 1.6 from the outside, then it would be ideal if you got a high res pic of any silver or white palio for Shan2nu and me to play with.

cya
R

its white and i wud like a white and red scheme ... more on the rally car lines !!! But something that the painters can do .... Rest I'll use decals !!! wud b gr8 !! and guys how do i post the pic ... never have and don't see no attach button sign ...

Sorry if i sound dumb...

Also ain't it possible for u guys 2 download a white palio pic from somewhere and paint it and then post it for me 2 c ... mayb asking for 2 much !!! I'm at sea when it comes to stuff like this ...

No probs can do that. There are so many white palio pics on the net. But give me an idea of what you want. Rally style as in?

Regards...
Shan2nu

As the car is white I wud like either a nice red or if u cud suggest a better combi pls do !!! i'll try and post a few pics in a few moments ... pls tell me how 2 post pics ...

Here's something i found on the net

Regards...
Shan2nu