Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2006, 10:07   #76
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Tidzterdesign,what I wanted to do is:-
Colour the car in dark blue or midnight or whatever it is called.
Put some carbonfibre parts.
Those bling alloys are difficult to make,so I'll go some more sporty type.
Original evo kit.

Now about the vinyls.
Your design is great,but what I think is if done the way you have shown it will cover most of the car and if done in reflecting material the attention will go away from the car.
Instead we can go in for the simple left arrows I mean just plain reflecting lines??

Last edited by SRK : 1st June 2006 at 10:09.
Old 1st June 2006, 20:34   #77
SRK
Senior - BHPian

tidzterdesign,
The car is almost ready, only thing is I am not able to make the wheels look realistic,I was not talking about the shape but the lightning effects.
Sorry I wont be able to get the wheels done!!
It will be from some other car!!
Old 22nd June 2006, 00:13   #78
BHPian

Hey guys,

Just been wanting to post something on this thread for a long time, but didn't have much time, because i've been busy with my first year exams. Wanted to put this up, and need you guys to give your honest comments on it.
The one that i'm putting on here, was for my Illustration class, and have tried taking step by step pics of the process of making the illustration. Hope that helps. It took a long time to do, so i did it over 3 weeks, on and off....an hour every couple of days or so.

Old 22nd June 2006, 09:05   #79
Senior - BHPian

dude,

AMAZING WORK!!!!!! It looks superb!!!!

How on earth did u do those reflections??????? Whoa!!
Old 22nd June 2006, 09:18   #80
BHPian

Hey man...thanks. We were asked to make an illustration, taking the picture of a car as a reference....photo-realism. Everything that was on the car....we were told to duplicate on this. The paper used was Bleed Proof Marker Paper, alongwith various colours and shades from the Copic Range of markers. For the colour grades, I also ended up using Powdered Pastels. That is why I added the step by step feature too, to show how each step was done. The reflections....used a mix of a lot of things....shades of grey mixed with red marker.....or pastels over markers...it's a mix and match really depending on what you need to depict. Got some stuff for my sketching exam coming up...so maybe i'll post pics of those over the weekend.
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:02   #81

A W E S O M E

@salil--dude,u've left me completely speechless...i've really got no words...this is absolutely awesum...superb piece of work my friend...jus too good..canT stop admiring it!!man.,....i wish i cud do stuff like that!!
Old 22nd June 2006, 13:05   #82
BHPian

Thanks jughead......I used to wish the same till a few months ago, before i started studying Car Design. Am still in the process of learning it, cos we end up learning something new everyday. We ended up visiting one of the assembly plants of Fiat/Lancia/Alfa Romeo a couple of days back. It's a pity we weren't allowed cameras.
Old 22nd June 2006, 14:13   #83
Team-BHP Support

Salil!

AWESOME man...... great to see the progress you have made in such a short time. No doubt you have been slaving over your drawings since you first started, and the results definitely show.

Love the reflection on the front right bumper and bonnet!!
Is the drawing complete? (kinda flat on the visible door...maybe some reflections there?)

Great stuff!
cya
R
Old 23rd June 2006, 03:55   #84
BHPian

Thanks man....about the door reflections, duplicated what i thought was doable from the reference pic...will try working on it further once my exams are done.
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:50   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salil_kulkarni
Hey guys,

Just been wanting to post something on this thread for a long time, but didn't have much time, because i've been busy with my first year exams. Wanted to put this up, and need you guys to give your honest comments on it.
The one that i'm putting on here, was for my Illustration class, and have tried taking step by step pics of the process of making the illustration. Hope that helps. It took a long time to do, so i did it over 3 weeks, on and off....an hour every couple of days or so.
Hey Salil,
U r just too good.
Ur sketch is really awesome.
Gr8 reflections on the car.
This is really awesome.....
Old 23rd June 2006, 19:56   #86
BHPian

Thank you so much. Your comments are highly appreciated.
Old 29th June 2006, 19:48   #87
Senior - BHPian

Salil's Alfa is awesome. I'd love to be doing car designing too as a degree, sigh.

Here's my few hours worth on a Shelby GT500 -->

aniguchisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2006, 19:57   #88
Senior - BHPian

the body looks great, but the wheels need some more work. They just dont look right.

But man, have u nailed the design of the car!!
Old 29th June 2006, 20:04   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
the body looks great, but the wheels need some more work. They just dont look right.

But man, have u nailed the design of the car!!
Thanks, it's true, what you've said.

In fact, the car was a gift for a friend who loves the Shelby to bits. Instead of getting him an aftershave for his birthday, I designed him this. However, I started work at 3pm and had to leave for his party at 6. It was a really fast paced effort, and didn't manage to get the wheels and shading and colour in time. Took one quick picture before getting dressed.

Hopefully, I'll draw the lovely McLaren F1 as my next project.

Thanks again!
Old 30th June 2006, 08:27   #90
Senior - BHPian

Oh boy even i have been wanting to post in this thread but didnt get the time to scan one of my sketches. Here's one of mine from college days, its called the Red Steel.... I soooo wish i could have attended a design school but never got the chance! I got stuck to the mechanical side rather than the design side of automotive. But professionally i still mix both

This sketch was one of the initial ideas for my first project car at autopsyche, the final outcome was pretty different, because of technical and design constraints, but a good experience nonetheless!

Turning an idea into reality...

Cheers...

Arush

Last edited by autopsyche : 30th June 2006 at 08:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks