Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2006, 13:58   #16
ECM
BHPian

Rtech
What we call s.w monsoon is not infect s.w monsoon.Clouds build over Andaman Island and then take U turn fm SriLanka then enters in Arabian sea.Since last 7 yrs the current of clods on Arabian sea has gone down,coluds hower too much on sea hence they saturates resulting in a rainfall of 20-30 inches in 36 hrs in some places(example Gujarat in last 2 yrs).The thing which u r talking of now will happen fm June 1st onwards,have a look on Andaman Island in my link,see how clouds take U turn near S.Lanka..rest we shall keep discussing if time permits.
Old 23rd May 2006, 22:36   #17
Team-BHP Support

The IMD(I dont trust those guys one bit) have said that the monsoon may be "deficient". So better brace for the worst.
But looking at the pre monsoon showers which caught them off guard, you can never trust those guys
Old 30th May 2006, 12:05   #18
ECM
BHPian

Now revisit the link I have posted

Extremely saturated patch of big big clouds is howering on Arabian sea right now and the direction(see the second picture)is towards central India fm the down side i.e Arabian Sea.I have not seen such a powerful formation of clouds in Arabian sea in the begining of June since last 4 years.Here is my quote in my old msg{Rtech
What we call s.w monsoon is not infect s.w monsoon.Clouds build over Andaman Island and then take U turn fm SriLanka then enters in Arabian sea.Since last 7 yrs the current of clods on Arabian sea has gone down,coluds hower too much on sea hence they saturates resulting in a rainfall of 20-30 inches in 36 hrs in some places(example Gujarat in last 2 yrs).The thing which u r talking of now will happen fm June 1st onwards,have a look on Andaman Island in my link,see how clouds take U turn near S.Lanka..rest we shall keep discussing if time permits.}And today it is May 30th and Mumbai will have its first round of real rain on 1st of June,2006!!!Just few hrs to go.I am expecting heavy to very heavy rains in Coastal Maharashtra(in next 12 hrs) and Gujarat(this will come 4 days fm now) hence advise all to take extreme care of yourselves.We cannot fight against nature but we can save ourselves if we get any early warning.Keep yourself updated by visiting the link I have posted in forum.I wish and pray that nothing happens like last year but during my stay in Mumbai(I just came back fm Mumbai)I did not see much efforts fm govt to avoid probs like what Mumbaiwalaz had last year,saw all gutters open and work was not even started at most of places!!
Old 30th May 2006, 13:01   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
Extremely saturated patch of big big clouds is howering on Arabian sea right now and the direction(see the second picture)is towards central India fm the down side i.e Arabian Sea.I have not seen such a powerful formation of clouds in Arabian sea in the begining of June since last 4 years.Here is my quote in my old msg{Rtech
What we call s.w monsoon is not infect s.w monsoon.Clouds build over Andaman Island and then take U turn fm SriLanka then enters in Arabian sea.Since last 7 yrs the current of clods on Arabian sea has gone down,coluds hower too much on sea hence they saturates resulting in a rainfall of 20-30 inches in 36 hrs in some places(example Gujarat in last 2 yrs).The thing which u r talking of now will happen fm June 1st onwards,have a look on Andaman Island in my link,see how clouds take U turn near S.Lanka..rest we shall keep discussing if time permits.}And today it is May 30th and Mumbai will have its first round of real rain on 1st of June,2006!!!Just few hrs to go.I am expecting heavy to very heavy rains in Coastal Maharashtra(in next 12 hrs) and Gujarat(this will come 4 days fm now) hence advise all to take extreme care of yourselves.We cannot fight against nature but we can save ourselves if we get any early warning.Keep yourself updated by visiting the link I have posted in forum.I wish and pray that nothing happens like last year but during my stay in Mumbai(I just came back fm Mumbai)I did not see much efforts fm govt to avoid probs like what Mumbaiwalaz had last year,saw all gutters open and work was not even started at most of places!!
Hey, The papers in Goa today have this huge warning about a HUGE STORM brewing up and will hit this evening !!! It has me terrified as i have a flight at 6 for Delhi so dunno if it will be cancelled or not .... and I'm scared of flying in this kind of weather .... dunno what to expect ....

Cheers
Old 30th May 2006, 13:47   #20
ECM
BHPian

Your flight at 6 fm Goa to Delhi am I right?In that case I shall put a msg exclusively for you at 4 PM today,keep watching this place.
Old 30th May 2006, 13:52   #21
ECM
BHPian

Update No>1

Focus has JUST shifted left side on the mid sea,the path has changed slighly and patch is now not in straight direction of Mumbai.If I find some sudden changes will post here,thank you all.
This msg is exclusively for MUMBAI only.
Old 31st May 2006, 01:43   #22
BHPian

ECM dude you are doing an excellent job there

i was stuck in the mumbai storm last year (26th July), that definately tought us the importance of a good tracking system...

Last year after the storm I was talking to some guys in mumbai and they told me that the weather department in mumbai keeps a log of 10-15 years of rains and then based on the logs predicts if it will rain or not (i found it hilarious).

But I believed them as there was no early warning of any sorts that day, do you know if this is true?????
Old 31st May 2006, 02:21   #23
BHPian

No updates in some time, so here goes...
its pouring in Mumbai!!!!!!!
Old 31st May 2006, 08:55   #24
ECM
BHPian

Dear Swale and DaPilot,thx for your kind words.Infect I love such things and yday I had a talk with khaadu75 twice on the same subject as he was going to Delhi by air fm Goa.I since begining never trust IMD as they have poor habits to predict monsoon,one good meteriology dept must have inuf ground radars to track clouds but we have hardly 2 ground stations for that and today out govt shout for 9-10% gdp growth ratio!!!!!Not only that it is being run by govt so their figures I sometime never able to digest,for example last year they draw a picture that we had inuf rain but if you the rainmap in their website it will show lot of short rainfall in many areas on India,why they do this reason is unknown to me(anything to do with stock market?)
This time Mumbai saved well in the first instance and the first patch now crossed Bombay and still on the sea water and on the way to GUj now..one more patch is about to touch Bombay and almost knocking the door and perhaps thats why you are having a rain now.The low pressure is now going to hit the land area fm its original location(sea),more it stays on sea it is dangerous.One may see lot of winds but no cyclone so a sence of relief will be there.I pray Bombay corp.did inuf this time to cope with this rain but what I saw fm my eyes was not inuf efforts done by them so let's see the outcome in next 48 hrs.Why last night I could not able to post anything on this bcoz I already warned ppl here so though not to sign the same song again and again.

Last edited by ECM : 31st May 2006 at 08:58.
Old 31st May 2006, 10:05   #25
BHPian

Hey ECM thanks for the very very useful information n m really stuck to it this season thanks a TON
Old 31st May 2006, 13:58   #26
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suyog_007
Hey ECM thanks for the very very useful information n m really stuck to it this season thanks a TON
My pleasure dear Suyog_007.MUmbai will have another round of rain and this may be little heavier than the rest.Next 72 hrs you will have constant showers fm light to v.heavy.Keep in touch dude.
Old 31st May 2006, 14:11   #27
ECM
BHPian

Update no>2

I am attaching 2 satellite pictures rt now.Fig 1 may look sacry to all as you can only see bunch of clouds and one cant see land in this snap where clouds are howeing over western India.Right??????http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/30752.jpg
BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
look at pic no.2 which is a special photo which contains water wapour % in clouds which will give relief to you and here you will see 2 patches near Mumbai one is just near and another is slightly far.All in all you will have good amount of rain in next 72 hrs if wind direction does not change the path of clouds.http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/850/wvapour5qy.gif

I have used Meteosat 5 satellite images for this msg for your info.It updates every 30 mins when I download'em.

Last edited by ECM : 31st May 2006 at 14:15.
Old 31st May 2006, 14:40   #28
BANNED

Hey, I feel ur Nick shud be WeatherGuru or something like that !!! I need tips from you about this hobby ... I'm sure I can benefit a lot from this as far as my farming goes . The met deptt really sucks ... and if I cud get an advance warning about rain and snow it cud help me in my fields.

Cud u pls PM me ur msn or yahoo id ?? that ways I can take tutions online ...

Cheers
Old 31st May 2006, 14:44   #29
Team-BHP Support

Hey khaadu you are right, ECM should give us tutions. Since you are into farming, here is a tip.
Get a GPS which has a barometer in built. A rapidly falling barometer means snow or rain. And GPS will let you set waypoints about various locations in your fields really useful if you have a large field. This will really help if you want to accurately mark the location where some plants died due to unexpected causes etc., and where yield was really good. Here in the US since farms are 1000 acres+ GPS systems are used widely. And as for the barometer, it wont tell you days in advance but you will have a few hours storm warning
Old 31st May 2006, 14:48   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Hey khaadu you are right, ECM should give us tutions. Since you are into farming, here is a tip.
Get a GPS which has a barometer in built. A rapidly falling barometer means snow or rain. And GPS will let you set waypoints about various locations in your fields really useful if you have a large field. This will really help if you want to accurately mark the location where some plants died due to unexpected causes etc., and where yield was really good. Here in the US since farms are 1000 acres+ GPS systems are used widely. And as for the barometer, it wont tell you days in advance but you will have a few hours storm warning
Hey, What I need is to be able to read cloud movements and I need a few days warning or weather forecast !! I dont have 1000+ acres so dunno how helpful GPS wud be but I'm sure by tracking clouds teh way he is shud be useful to me ... also can one see if there are hot sunny days lets say for a week and then maybe a shower ... may sound like a stupid question so pls excuse me !!!

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks