Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2004, 21:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

I have been at London for the last 2 weeks and have been looking all around at these exotics that we just dream of owning or rather are even glad to spot and drool over back at home.

I have been using the tube all across but have contantly been scouring all the main areas for these beauties (Pity i didnt bring a cam with me).(Yeah I know one of you might just about scream)

The one car that I spotted last week at about 8:30 walking down South Kensington just had me standing and staring away at it for quite some time was a Pink Cadillac fully restored with a white interior and full chrome and not a single scratch on it, damn all I wanted to do was to touch it but was unable to get myself to do so.

I swear that was one moment when I felt that all those Porsches, Ferraris, Maseratis, *Astons and Beamers were all available to be seen every where I went and speed, power and status meant nothing when it was pitted against the glamour of those ancient beauties in all the decor and flamboyance.

Some words I did come across on the web may be the most apt way to decipher our longing for the old:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
"What I am observing is a rather beautiful expansion and continuity occurring, as the old is cherished and celebrated while at the same time evolving..."(Karen L. Wolff)
Old 24th August 2004, 23:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Psycho @ Aug. 20 2004,20:08)]damn all I wanted to do was to touch it but was unable to get myself to do so.
Lol....
i know just what you are talking about!!

The possibility of that one greasy paw mark of yours on the car is just too much pain to bear :P

lol
cya
R
Old 25th August 2004, 10:17   #3
Team-BHP Support

suggest that you take a walk around Park Lane from Marble Arch. Face Marble Arch with your back behind Oxford street, take the left and you can drool at the exotic cars on offer - there was a Mcclaren showroom but I read yesterday that they sold the last Mclcaren chassis no 6 !
Old 31st August 2004, 21:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

I have just shifted over to Gloucester Road next to a H R Owen Sports car dealership... Nothing to beat the view there...

The HR Owen showroom's website

They have alink to all the cars displayed there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks