Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2013, 14:05   #1
BHPian

Comments & Suggestions: Team-BHP's Theme Track (WIP)

Hi friends,

Here is my 2 cent attempt to give back what I got from Team-BHP. I have added here the basic version of the track which I intend completing very shortly.

I need your feedback and suggestions to improve this while I work to make it better.

Please do add your comments on this thread itself, else through PMs.

Thanks.

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2013 at 13:03. Reason: Adding paragraph spacing for better readability
Old 10th June 2013, 13:04   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Comments & Suggestions: Team-BHP's Theme Track (WIP)

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to Shifting Gears. Thanks for sharing
Old 10th June 2013, 18:59   #3
BHPian

I really appreciate your initiative
Guess you have used FL Studio to create it. That typical FL style Kick Drum suggests so
If you permit, I'd like to add my two cents here :
- Change the kick drum to something with a more round and fuller sound that exudes a bit of character
- The basis of the track is currently now on arpeggios (from 'Toxic Biohazard' presets that I can make out). A more melodic approach with progressive chord progressions, would bring out the attitude and character of Team-Bhp to it's fullest
- Once the basis for the track is set right, put the icing on the cake by adding a killer & groovy Bassline, that's in perfect harmony with the Kick Drum pattern

The last but most important step would be to achieve a sonically superior Mastering of the track. A sonically superior & loud+dynamic Mix/Master would gather more ears than a tinny sounding mix.
If you wish, once you are done, you can send the track to me for the final Mastering process.
All the best

Last edited by RevvMusic : 10th June 2013 at 19:02.
Old 10th June 2013, 20:19   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
I really appreciate your initiative
Guess you have used FL Studio to create it. That typical FL style Kick Drum suggests so
If you permit, I'd like to add my two cents here :
- Change the kick drum to something with a more round and fuller sound that exudes a bit of character
- The basis of the track is currently now on arpeggios (from 'Toxic Biohazard' presets that I can make out). A more melodic approach with progressive chord progressions, would bring out the attitude and character of Team-Bhp to it's fullest
- Once the basis for the track is set right, put the icing on the cake by adding a killer & groovy Bassline, that's in perfect harmony with the Kick Drum pattern

The last but most important step would be to achieve a sonically superior Mastering of the track . A sonically superior & loud+dynamic Mix/Master would gather more ears than a tinny sounding mix.
If you wish, once you are done, you can send the track to me for the final Mastering process.
All the best
Hi bro. Nice to catch up with another musician.
Yes, it is Fl. In fact, the kick I changed to a punchier version. Do send me A kick sample to replace.
I intend adding vocoder vocals with solid fx processing to call out the team BHP and such statements later. The open areas I want to fill with vehicle sounds as requested.
I also want to add processed guitar sounds for filling up the music.
Most welcome to add music of your choice for this close to heart project. We need to rock this.
Lets work together on this.
Old 17th June 2013, 09:55   #5
BHPian

Update -
Side percussion tracks added.
Urgently need the vehicle sounds as requested.

Thanks.
Old 17th June 2013, 11:03   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hey,

Nice initiative man!!

My feedback suggestions (excuse me coz i don't know the correct 'terminology' for the types of drums etc) :

0:00 - 0:06 : Nice intro
0:06 onwards : The drum that comes in is a little too "goa trance" like. Might not be to everyones tastes. Tempo is extremely high too.
0:13 onwards : The high pitched synth seemed very cheesy to me
0:35 - 0:40 : I liked this
0:46 - 0:53 : Very 90s. I'm trying to draw a parallel here, but can't think of it at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00nuts001 View Post
Urgently need the vehicle sounds as requested.
I've attached some old files I've had on my PC for years (/decades). Am sure there will be tons of better quality ones on the WWW.

cya
R
Attached Files
File Type: zip 01 - La diva (Ferrari).zip (2.93 MB, 48 views)
File Type: zip car - subaru & ferrari revving.zip (1.99 MB, 37 views)
Old 20th June 2013, 09:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hey,

Nice initiative man!!

My feedback suggestions (excuse me coz i don't know the correct 'terminology' for the types of drums etc) :

0:00 - 0:06 : Nice intro Thanks
0:06 onwards : The drum that comes in is a little too "goa trance" like. Might not be to everyones tastes. Tempo is extremely high too. The Drums will change their feel once I have completed the side percussions. The tempo was to match the suggestion by GTO to come up with something like the Schumaker song. can be reduced a bit.
0:13 onwards : The high pitched synth seemed very cheesy to me Will try to change the synth.
0:35 - 0:40 : I liked this Thanks again
0:46 - 0:53 : Very 90s. I'm trying to draw a parallel here, but can't think of it at the moment. Reluctantly agree with you. unfortunately, I live in the 90's, but am quite open to 'new age' change! if you share what kind of music will be suitable, will try to fuse the same with my style.

I've attached some old files I've had on my PC for years (/decades). Am sure there will be tons of better quality ones on the WWW.

cya
R
Hi Rehaan,

Thanks for the encouragement. I wish I could get more feedback and suggestions for this. I have added my comments to your inputs, and will change wherever possible.
unfortunately, my desktop and my main internet service both went kaput, thus restricting me to my laptop for the creation, and delaying my output. will post something this weekend.

Thanks again!
Old 20th June 2013, 20:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

When I saw the title for a moment I honestly thought this was referring to a road/racing track being built for Tbhp.

Nice initiative 00nuts001, keep the flag flying high.

Most Viewed