Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How much do you pay for your broadband? - per month...
upto Rs.300 21 1.55%
Rs.301 - 500 65 4.80%
Rs.501-700 162 11.96%
Rs.701-1,000 410 30.26%
Rs.1,001 - 2000 569 41.99%
Rs.2001 - 5000 84 6.20%
Rs.5001 - 10000 11 0.81%
Don't have broadband!! 33 2.44%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2017, 22:29   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: How much do you pay for your broadband?

Hi Guys

I’m currently using ACT Blaze plan. I’m paying around Rs.1200/- a month. I recently switched to ACT and using it for over a month now. I kind of like the service offered by ACT in Bangalore as they grew big in a short duration covering major areas and attracting people to subscribe with their very valuable plans with good bandwidth and data package.

My current plan offers me nearly 140 GB a month which includes both upload and download speed running up to 75mbps. I would suggest my fellow bengalurians to try out ACT Blaze if you haven’t already.

When I initially subscribed to this plan, they told me the speed was up to 60mbps and 100gb upload and download package. But best part about ACT is they keep upgrading or offering their customers with best packages.

I usually don’t use data a lot. But of late, post purchase of my PlayStation 4 console, download has increased exponentially. Thus the decision of switching from my previous ISP to ACT when I got to know they have extended their coverage to my area as well.

Besides, I’ve been given an additional discount privileges of rs50 on my bill because their power box is drawing electricity from my own apartment.

They’re growing big not only areawise reach but also with technology they are offering through advanced apps both in android and iOS market which offers convenient payments through app without having to depend on any web browsers and payment gateway along with your data usage at your finger tips. Also, I’ve seen people wondering if they’ve any issues with the connectivity or the quality of the connection for which they’ve an app which downloads onto your PC and then fixes your IP through a dos program attempt. I’m sure the current subscribers may have used it to ensure they’ve ample speed surging through the fiber to home. I not only like speed on odometer climbing up north, but also expect it feeding through fiber to my place when I download something and see the progress bar hitting more than 2/3 MBPS

PS: A small review attempt outside automobiles - hope to have touched upon some basic areas around ISP and experience. This shows the versatility of this group having conversations outside automotive world

See you guys soon with my review on the machine I own. Actually I am yet to start penning it down as I’m exploring the group and it’s wonderful people and their posts around.

Thanks,
Guru (RV)
Old 28th September 2017, 09:14   #932
Senior - BHPian

Airtel has quietly increase the FUP data on some plans. I was on the Rs.999 per month Vfiber plan which had upto 40 Mbps and FUP of 65 GB per month. Yesterday while casually surfing through their website found that they have a Rs.999 plan with 40Mbps and 100 GB FUP. I upgraded to that plan on the website. Now Myairtel app shows 100GB at the same monthly cost as earlier.
PS: This is for Bangalore
Old 28th September 2017, 11:50   #933
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Airtel has quietly increase the FUP data on some plans. I was on the Rs.999 per month Vfiber plan which had upto 40 Mbps and FUP of 65 GB per month. Yesterday while casually surfing through their website found that they have a Rs.999 plan with 40Mbps and 100 GB FUP. I upgraded to that plan on the website. Now Myairtel app shows 100GB at the same monthly cost as earlier.
PS: This is for Bangalore
In Pune, I have the Rs. 999/month plan with 40 mbps but 80 gb fup. When I log-in my account, I can see a Rs. 1099/month plan 40mbps/100gb.

Airtel doesn't have a one-size-fits-all approach; a friend who stays in the next apartment complex gets the 999-40mbps-100gb plan.
Old 28th September 2017, 15:05   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
In Pune, I have the Rs. 999/month plan with 40 mbps but 80 gb fup. When I log-in my account, I can see a Rs. 1099/month plan 40mbps/100gb.

Airtel doesn't have a one-size-fits-all approach; a friend who stays in the next apartment complex gets the 999-40mbps-100gb plan.
In that case if you want to move to the 100GB FUP, its better to call the customer support center. They will usually take care of it.
Old 30th September 2017, 13:30   #935
Senior - BHPian

Just thought of writing a review for ACT broadband from who I switched over last month. I stay at Vijayanagar and was one of the early adopters as soon as I came to know ACT is now available in my area.

I was on the ACT storm plan with 75 mbps and 125gb FUP from 26th march 2017, and I must say the connection was very stable and consistent for as long as there was no fiber cut or other issues. I'd easily get 5-6MBps while downloading any content using torrents.

However, being the only one in my lane using ACT made me the target of several Local Cable Operators who would damage the fiber cable to my residence atleast once a month which would then take a day or two for ACT to restore as either the wire would've snapped or stolen.

Finally in the month of July from 8th the internet was down due to the same issue and it took ACT nearly a month to restore, and yet again in a few days the same thing happened and connection went down.

I was fed up with this and requested for a disconnection and a refund, while ACT was prompt to disconnect, only a partial refund was made. They charged me for the month of July though I wasn't able to use their connection. I've complained twice and on the first occasion my complaint was closed without contacting me or informing me why.

Lesson learnt-don't be in a hurry to sign up when any new ISP covers your area! Not only will the service be poor, but getting refunds for money paid earlier isn't easy.

Finally called up the LCOs and checked what plans they offered, most are with BBNL and offer 50 mbps for Rs. 1000+ taxes WITH NO FUP! Subscribed to the plan last month and its been good so far. I don't need to keep a check on my usage any more and it truly is better than having a high-speed plan capped by FUP.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 30th September 2017 at 13:32.
Old 7th October 2017, 02:07   #936
BHPian

I have the You Broadband Dual Speed plan for past 18 months.

Speed: 100 Mbps
Validity: 360 days
DL Limit: 3000 GB
After FUP: 1 Mbps
Cost: Rs 21,411 after tax - today
I paid roughly Rs 20,800 in May 2017

Have been a You Broadband user for more than 8 years and have seen a marked improvement in their services at Vashi over time.
Also used to have MTNL Triband unlimited plan but for the money I was paying, i decided to return the router and cancel my plan this March 2017.

With my 100 Mbps plan, watching YouTube videos are a breeze and downloading 1 Gb updates for my iOS is not something I dread now. This plan now gives me the confidence to activate a Netflix or Amazon Prime membership to watch movies or tv series via the internet.

Downside: My mother is hooked to the Telugu dubbed versions of Shani & Hanuman serials. So every time there is a story twist, she makes me stream the future episodes that were previously aired in Hindi - since the Hindi episodes happened over 6 months ago - to get over her anxiety of what happened to her beloved Shani & Hanuman.
Old 10th October 2017, 16:49   #937
BHPian

I have an ACT Incredible plan, which retails at Rs. 1999+taxes, from May '17 (one of the early adopters in our area). However, I've paid upfront for six months. So the amount came up to Rs. 13,800. I will pay the bill next in January '18. Additionally, I get a Rs. 50 rebate per month for hosting the box. This plan has a FUP limit at 350 GB, with 150 Mbps as speed. The FUP is sufficient for me.

I run one office and two personal laptops, one PS4, one smart TV and one Amazon Fire Stick (Netflix+Hotstar+Prime+Youtube on TV) and another laptop (which my dad uses), not to mention all our phones connected to WiFi. And still we have about 100 GB average remaining on FUP at end of month. There haven't been major internet issues but there was one issue due to an outage, that damaged the wires. ACT took care of this without any charge on me.

All in all, I'm happy with the service so far.
Old 11th October 2017, 19:54   #938
BHPian

Just subscribed to Hathaway. Happy with the speeds. Getting 50-54 Mbps on wifi with a modem rated at 100 Mbps. My plan connection speed is 150 Mbps.

My laptop LAN is also rated at 100 Mbps only. Even worse, my laptop's LAN port is not working, so not able to test speeds on LAN.

Paid 999+ 18% tax for a month. Installation and modem free of cost. 400 security deposit.

There is an option of paying for 12 months and 6 months free with that option.

For an 18 month subscription it works out to 666+ taxes. Very reasonable even if I get only 50 Mbps.
FUP is 1000 GB and 5 Mbps after that. The above plan is for Chennai.
Old 27th October 2017, 08:58   #939
Senior - BHPian

Airtel have just revised their Postpaid mobile plans. Offering higher data per month. Eg: Rs.399 plan has 10 GB data, Rs499 pm has 20GB data etc.
While these are not as lucrative compared to Jio, those who are currently on Airtel Postpaid can look at upgrading their data to higher allowance per month.
Old 27th October 2017, 09:47   #940
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Airtel have just revised their Postpaid mobile plans. Offering higher data per month. Eg: Rs.399 plan has 10 GB data, Rs499 pm has 20GB data etc.
While these are not as lucrative compared to Jio, those who are currently on Airtel Postpaid can look at upgrading their data to higher allowance per month.
Thanks for pointing it out. It's difficult to keep up with constant plan revisions these days.

I have two postpaid connections on the Corp postpaid plans, they never bother to update proactively.

Just shot off an email to the enterprise helpdesk.
Old 30th October 2017, 00:05   #941
BHPian

I really miss using ACT fibernet (earlier BEAM Fiber) after using it in Hyderabad. The current city where I stay Pune lacks a ISP like ACT Fibernet. Here I am stuck with Vovinet where we pay 1179 per months and it provides a measly speed of 10 Mbps with 30 GB FUP.

Miss the old days of ACT fibernet of speeds in range of 40 Mbps for 100 Gb FUP for an amount of 1200 INR.

ACT should make inroads in Pune and Mumbai.
Old 30th October 2017, 06:42   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
The current city where I stay Pune lacks a ISP like ACT Fibernet.[...] Miss the old days of ACT fibernet of speeds in range of 40 Mbps for 100 Gb FUP for an amount of 1200 INR.
Airtel has comparable plans pretty much all over India including Pune. See if something appeals to you:

https://www.airtel.in/broadband/pune
Old 31st October 2017, 14:27   #943
BHPian

Started using ACT in South Delhi since the beginning of this month, and I must say I'm very happy with the overall service. I am paying close to Rs.1000/month (by paying upfront for 6 months) for a 75Mbps connections with 250GB FUP. The connection is super stable, and their Wifi router is awesome. Broadcasting both 5G and 2.5G network, reach is very good, my whole house and surrounding area (including rooftop and parking are covered!).
I was using Airtel thus far, and they were unable to offer anything over 24Mbps and connection was patchy on most days.
Old 1st November 2017, 17:23   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was on the Rs.999 per month Vfiber plan which had upto 40 Mbps and FUP of 65 GB per month.
Can you please tell me what Modem cum router they have installed at your place?

The jokers changed my plan to V-fibre without confirmation from me, and now my existing modem-router Dlink 2750 is not supporting it. So I am right now sitting with connection for the last almost 1 week.
Somehow they say they are unable to change it back to previous ADSL plan.

The modem/router they were offering was Binatone and had short and thick wire which did not fit the designated modem area, and hence I had refused to shift to V-fibre, almost a month back. Somehow they miraculously managed to shift me to V-fibre after a month, that too without my confirmation.

Now I am unable to find a affordable VDSL modem. Can find very few and that too are costing around 3.5k +
Old 1st November 2017, 17:41   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Can you please tell me what Modem cum router they have installed at your place? +
It's a huawei modem. Attached the pics for a better idea on model number.
I didn't quite follow the thick wire thing in your post.
This model has the regular telephone wire going into the adsl splitter and a regular modem wire connecting it to the modem. I didn't face any problem of the thickness of the wire. Maybe you can try to ask them to give a different model of the modem. My suggestion would be don't let go of the vfiber speed. It is definitely better than the regular 16mbps connection.
Attached Thumbnails
How much do you pay for your broadband?-camerazoom20171101172532775.jpg  

How much do you pay for your broadband?-img_20171101_173628.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks