Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How much do you pay for your broadband? - per month...
upto Rs.300 21 1.55%
Rs.301 - 500 65 4.80%
Rs.501-700 162 11.96%
Rs.701-1,000 410 30.26%
Rs.1,001 - 2000 569 41.99%
Rs.2001 - 5000 84 6.20%
Rs.5001 - 10000 11 0.81%
Don't have broadband!! 33 2.44%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2020, 12:07   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Re: How much do you pay for your broadband?

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Quote:
Are they within their rights to disconnect every 8 hours? Would appreciate if someone can explain the issue as well as our legal rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I don't think there is any law that prohibits them from doing this either.
I had sent them a mail, stating whether they had mentioned such mandatory disconnection in the contract between me (customer) and they (service provider) and if not who is liable if the customer loses (anything) due to their arbitrary decision.
A quick Google search unearthed (pun intended) their ToS:

https://youbroadband.in/disclaimer.php

Relevant points below. Seems like they have covered all the bases/answers all your questions.
  • The Company will endeavour at all times to maintain an adequate and reasonable quality of the Service. However the availability and quality of service may be affected by factors outside the Company's control...
  • The Company makes no representation or warranties as to the continuity or availability or quality of the Services.
  • The company shall not be obliged to grant any service credit for disruption of services due to any reason outside its control.
  • The Company makes no warranty that the Services will be uninterrupted or error free...
  • The Company shall not be liable to the Subscriber/Customer for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever, [...] as a result of [...] non-availability or disruption in services, loss of data, interruption or stoppage to the Customer's access to and/or use of the internet/website/s, interruption or stoppage of services due to any technical or non-technical reason...

Quote:
Any point flagging this with the Regulator?
There are some battles you are obliged to fight. This is not one of them. Vote with your feet. :-)
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 14:39   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
[*]The Company makes no warranty that the Services will be uninterrupted or error free...
There are some battles you are obliged to fight. This is not one of them. Vote with your feet. :-)
Thank you, Binand for your courtesy and help.
Yes, they seem to have covered their bases....the only issue being while they are not liable for interruptions or do not guarantee error free etc; ensuring forced disconnection by way of policy to maximise profits or reduce costs, is another matter.

Last edited by earthian : 1st July 2020 at 14:41.
Old 2nd July 2020, 13:53   #1143
Senior - BHPian

I will be going for Asianet's 3999 plan.

1TB for 1k per month and i get a 160 rupee discount on my cable tv connection with them.
Old 2nd July 2020, 16:01   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm pressing for disconnection. They don't deserve customers who make prompt payments. In fact, I must have paid twice on past occasions but have had no time to check
I find airtel more reliable than other providers in my area. I too just made the payment a couple of hours ago on their website and it is getting reflected. Maybe they have reconciliation issues with their app.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 19:49   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I find airtel more reliable than other providers in my area. I too just made the payment a couple of hours ago on their website and it is getting reflected. Maybe they have reconciliation issues with their app.
I used to have both Airtel & ACT; finally got rid of ACT because I got into a billing dispute with them and Airtel was zero-downtime (ACT had cable-cut issues in my area).

I pay all my bills (Airtel included) through BBPS. Every single bill has been paid and reconciled just fine, often within minutes of debit.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 21:17   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Finally, after 13 long years, I am letting go of MTNL broadband. While low maximum bandwidth (3-4 mbps) was an issue, their unexpected downtime with zero customer support was also going over my head!

Went for Airtel Vfibre, opted for 3 months 40MBPS plan initially, will go for a higher plan in future if required. Getting unlimited local voice calls as well in the plan.

Also getting a landline number/cable, an instrument I can use of my own choice.
Currently paying Rs. 1500 (Including GST etc.) for 200 MBPS unlimited internet + fixed landline unlimited calls for Airtel Optic Fibre broadband. Nearly 3 years since I switched to airtel from MTNL. Pretty neat experience till date!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 08:12   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Airtel Broadband Password

Does anyone know how Airtel's broadband password is structured? My Airtel account is now several years old and I don't remember the password. For this reason even when I upgraded / redid the Wifi in my home the edge router has remained the same ancient one. Now I do need to replace it.

This is the password Airtel sets for the ADSL side in the router. The corresponding login ID (broadband ID) is a string of the form 080NNNNNNNN_kk (STD code followed by 8 digits followed by _kk for Karnataka). I have tried:

My Airtel relationship ID (as seen in bill)
My registered mobile number

Neither of which worked.

I have tried Airtel's customer care but it doesn't function anymore.
Old 8th July 2020, 08:52   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know how Airtel's broadband password is structured? My Airtel account is now several years old and I don't remember the password. For this reason even when I upgraded / redid the Wifi in my home the edge router has remained the same ancient one. Now I do need to replace it.

This is the password Airtel sets for the ADSL side in the router. The corresponding login ID (broadband ID) is a string of the form 080NNNNNNNN_kk (STD code followed by 8 digits followed by _kk for Karnataka). I have tried:

Neither of which worked.

Airtel customer care number for Bangalore is 08044444121
Old 8th July 2020, 09:29   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Airtel customer care number for Bangalore is 08044444121
They don't have humans taking calls (due to understaffing issues I guess). They just force you to navigate through a set of IVR menus and at some random point raise a ticket on your behalf with the local technician who doesn't have access to the information I want.

You simply can't speak to a human. I have tried this.
Old 8th July 2020, 09:35   #1150
Senior - BHPian

I just tried navigating the IVR menu. You need to press the following numbers to reach the human. 2,3,1,1,9
Old 8th July 2020, 10:58   #1151
BHPian

Re: Airtel Broadband Password

Quote:
I presume you are talking about the PPPoE login details. I checked my Airtel ADSL modem/router and this is what I found.
Login Name: broadband_id@airtelbroadband.in
Password: Relationship number

In my office router, just broadband_id is used as login id. So I guess both formats should work.
Old 8th July 2020, 12:19   #1152
BHPian

Quote:

Neither of which worked.

The password will be your stdcode and pgone number

Example 080xxxxxxxx
Old 8th July 2020, 15:57   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I just tried navigating the IVR menu. You need to press the following numbers to reach the human. 2,3,1,1,9
That final 9 says "Invalid option selected". None of the options (relationship ID, landline number, linked mobile number) worked. Let me go to their office some day.
Old 9th July 2020, 10:59   #1154
BHPian

Re: Airtel Broadband Password

Quote:
Does anyone know how Airtel's broadband password is structured?
Binand, I hope yours is PPPoE set up only. Is your old router still working? If it is, please go to Account Settings. There you have PPP username, the same you mentioned in the 080xxxxxx format and Password field too.

I use Asus router, I can see the Account Settings in WAN page and Password too. It does not have any logic like mobile number or anything. It is just a 10 digit numeric password.

Last edited by shipnil : 9th July 2020 at 11:01.
Old 26th July 2020, 21:09   #1155
BHPian

Have a question on Airtel BB. Has anyone recently upgraded from old entry level 16 mbps / 20 mbps plan to the current 100 mbps plan? The website says it to be Vfiber plan. Do they have to replace the CAT5e / CAT6 cable with fiber optic cable for this plan to work?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks