Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How much do you pay for your broadband? - per month...
upto Rs.300 21 1.55%
Rs.301 - 500 65 4.80%
Rs.501-700 162 11.96%
Rs.701-1,000 410 30.26%
Rs.1,001 - 2000 569 41.99%
Rs.2001 - 5000 84 6.20%
Rs.5001 - 10000 11 0.81%
Don't have broadband!! 33 2.44%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2016, 02:21   #736
BHPian

Can anyone please help me out with the process on disconnecting a Reliance Netconnect+ postpaid dongle. Customer Care of Reliance sucks and all they do is just put me on hold. The dongle was purchased from the Reliance WebWorld store in Forum, Bangalore about 3-4 years back and apparently that store is not there anymore. In case anybody has any info please do let me know.
Old 1st February 2016, 11:27   #737
BHPian

Re: How much do you pay for your broadband?

My Cherrinet experience has been a mixed bag. I had taken their 3 month 100Mbps plan and the speed on speedtest would usually be between 20-40Mbps and the downloads would max out typically at 2MBps. I also had some days of downtime - typically overnight and some days of frequent disconnections.
I have Youbroadband at home too and was on a 12Mbps plan on which I would get consistently 20Mbps and download speeds of 2MBps. Now that I have maxed out my FUP on Cherrinet and it is due to expire on the 6th of Feb, I recharged my Youbroadband with the 50Mbps plan. True to my past experience, I consistently get 50-60Mbps and download speed of 5MBps. Its amazing considering the pains I had with Youbroadband when I was on their coaxial cable plan. Both my above experiences are on Fiber and Youbroadband (never thought I would say this) has not disappointed and is true value for money. for the 12Mbps plan, I was paying ~900 a month and for the 50Mbps plan it is ~955 for the same FUP and ~1155 for double FUP.

I must also say that the folks who have come up with the plans for Youbroadband are pretty amazing. It has taken me many views to really understand their pricing logic and they have a package to address every kind of user to get the best bang for the buck.

Last edited by diyguy : 1st February 2016 at 11:29.
Old 1st February 2016, 11:52   #738
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
speed on speedtest

Try speedtesting with http://testmy.net/ or http://speedof.me/.

Most ISPs have optimised their connection to speedtest.net & hence it always shows great speeds. With Hathway, I have seen it showing 4Mbps at times when text pages were barely loading. At the same time when I tested with the other tests, it showed 0.4 Mbps.
Old 1st February 2016, 12:53   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post

Looks good to me.

Noticed that the above were using You Telecom servers so tried the other option. Servers are in hongkong and performance looks pretty okay. My browsing, office emails etc are all fine.
Further, the IP that I get can be used with dyndns etc, while Cherrinet was not working out as they give a common IP to a set of customers maybe through a firewall mechanism or something.

Last edited by noopster : 2nd February 2016 at 17:46. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts
Old 2nd February 2016, 09:32   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
Can anyone please help me out with the process on disconnecting a Reliance Netconnect+ postpaid dongle. Customer Care of Reliance sucks and all they do is just put me on hold. The dongle was purchased from the Reliance WebWorld store in Forum, Bangalore about 3-4 years back and apparently that store is not there anymore. In case anybody has any info please do let me know.
What I normally do is, log a request for disconnecting the connection and request for outstanding. Then follow-up with a mail quoting the ref id and outstanding balance. Wait for the bill, pay it in full, and ensure that the next billing cycle has not started. Using the earlier mail trail send a mail informing the payment and request a confirmation of the same. Once I receive a confirmation, I dont both with any of the calls. And if they insist on having the outstanding, I send the same mail with a copy to nodal officer. Normally this closes it for good. If not I address it to the nodal officer. I have never had to go beyond the nodal officer. So much for customer service
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:19   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
What I normally do is, log a request for disconnecting the connection and request for outstanding. Then follow-up with a mail quoting the ref id and outstanding balance. Wait for the bill, pay it in full, and ensure that the next billing cycle has not started. Using the earlier mail trail send a mail informing the payment and request a confirmation of the same. Once I receive a confirmation, I dont both with any of the calls. And if they insist on having the outstanding, I send the same mail with a copy to nodal officer. Normally this closes it for good. If not I address it to the nodal officer. I have never had to go beyond the nodal officer. So much for customer service
Thanks a lot raghu.tk.
Btw, how and where do you log the request?
Old 2nd February 2016, 12:48   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot raghu.tk.
Btw, how and where do you log the request?
Forgot what it was. Looking at their site I think customercare@relianceada.com .
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:10   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Forgot what it was. Looking at their site I think customercare@relianceada.com .
Have a dropped a mail to the customer care regarding the disconnection. Let me see how long they take to respond. Thanks a bunch for your help.
Old 7th February 2016, 01:54   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post

Most ISPs have optimised their connection to speedtest.net & hence it always shows great speeds. With Hathway, I have seen it showing 4Mbps at times when text pages were barely loading. At the same time when I tested with the other tests, it showed 0.4 Mbps.
Carboy
Hi.
Seems you have a Hathway connection.
Since about 2 months I have been getting a speed of above 2 MBPS (promised 50 MBPS) which goes upto maybe 8/10 MBPS, but nowhere near that what I am paying for. This speed is by speedtest and I shudder to think what it would be if I tested by testmy.
I have complained umpteen times but to no avail. Once their technician came to and maybe tweaked the router but I have still not got 37/40 that I used to get.
What is your current experience?
Regards
Old 7th February 2016, 03:37   #745
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Seems you have a Hathway connection.
Actually, a friend had it - he is totally non-technical & he used to call me to help him.

Anyway, after a miserable 2 months with Hathaway Bhawani, he disconnected it and moved to 5net. 5net, though isn't perfect - it's far better than HB.

5net requires payment in advance for a year. It has outages occasionally, but their local customer service (a franchise called Weblink) is very receptive (during working hours).

He pays for 5 Mbps & gets around 2 to 4 Mbps.

Last edited by carboy : 7th February 2016 at 03:39.
Old 4th March 2016, 09:53   #746
Senior - BHPian

Telcos now want to bring down speeds post fair usage to 64Kbps

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/h4a...air-usage.html
Old 5th March 2016, 16:19   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Telcos now want to bring down speeds post fair usage to 64Kbps

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/h4a...air-usage.html
What the hell! Even 2G will be faster than that.

I get 1mbps post fair usage.
Regular is 60mbps though.
Old 7th March 2016, 12:09   #748
BHPian

Quote:
You should just go to a local Reliance store nearby and place a request for deactivation. Other methods just don't work with them.
Old 7th March 2016, 19:57   #749

I've been using BBNL in Bangalore, Sahakara nagar for 18 months now.
Plan: 1 Mbps UL.
FUP: No
Price: 680 including taxes

They offer higher speeds but FUP limits are not clear to me.
Old 7th March 2016, 20:35   #750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shri View Post
I've been using BBNL in Bangalore, Sahakara nagar for 18 months now.
Plan: 1 Mbps UL.
Did you post this sometime back and it came up now on this thread? Because 1MBPS is too less for todays scenario. Or is it a typo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks