Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How much do you pay for your broadband? - per month...
upto Rs.300 21 1.55%
Rs.301 - 500 65 4.80%
Rs.501-700 162 11.96%
Rs.701-1,000 410 30.26%
Rs.1,001 - 2000 569 41.99%
Rs.2001 - 5000 84 6.20%
Rs.5001 - 10000 11 0.81%
Don't have broadband!! 33 2.44%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2019, 13:10   #1036
Team-BHP Support

Re: How much do you pay for your broadband?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
The refund, I was told will come in 3 months. Its already 2 months now and I don't know seriously if the money will be returned actually.

Speed wise, its the best, consistent 100Mbps speed and have used already 200+ GB for this month.
Brilliant. Just the use case (read bakra ) I was looking for. And like me, you are also in Delhi (which part of Delhi ?).

Point is that Airtel is limited to a speed of 35 Mbps at my place. Uptime and service wise, Airtel is top class and I am wary of replacing it completely.

If the refund is not an issue, I can get Jio and run it parallel to Airtel to compare the services and see if this extra speed has real life benefits at my house where there are at least 5 mobiles, 1-2 laptops & FireTV working in parallel during. But I am wary of losing 4.5k to Jio.

Hence, please keep us udpated on the status of your refund.

TIA

Last edited by Eddy : 17th June 2019 at 13:12.
Old 17th June 2019, 13:17   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Brilliant. Just the use case (read bakra ) I was looking for. And like me, you are also in Delhi (which part of Delhi ?).

Point is that Airtel is limited to a speed of 35 Mbps at my place. Uptime and service wise, Airtel is top class and I am wary of replacing it completely.

If the refund is not an issue, I can get Jio and run it parallel to Airtel to compare the services and see if this extra speed has real life benefits at my house where there are at least 5 mobiles, 1-2 laptops & FireTV working in parallel during. But I am wary of losing 4.5k to Jio.

Hence, please keep us udpated on the status of your refund.

TIA
In case I don't get the refund, I have anyway considered that 4.5k as an internet usage fees of 9 months (that I used it) at an imaginative cost of 500 per month. Still it comes to be cheaper than Nextra, which I was using before this. This was in Dwarka where I was staying earlier.

The speeds, its just wow, Nextra etc used to have some downtime. Jio doesn't has any downtime. I watch all shows on TV with HD streaming without any buffering.
Old 17th June 2019, 13:29   #1038
Team-BHP Support

Yeah, in your case it was a replacement so cost recovered. In my case, it will be a parallel run so don't want to risk the 4.5k.

I am also in Dwarka.
Old 18th June 2019, 00:45   #1039
BHPian

Been paying close to 1100Rs on ACT for 100mbps. There have been very frequent outages over the past few weeks with them taking a minimum of 15-20 hours to fix and that is a bother to me. Am switching back to Hathway tomorrow and prices are way down. Getting 150Mbps for 755Rs a month and for an additional 306rs, getting some sort of chromecast like device. No install fee.

Last edited by diyguy : 18th June 2019 at 00:47.
Old 18th June 2019, 09:13   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
I watch all shows on TV with HD streaming without any buffering.
Have they started providing something similar to DTH, or do you watch TV shows using some apps?
Old 18th June 2019, 09:45   #1041
BHPian

With a 50 MBPS plan, I use my Amazon Fire stick to watch all Prime movies.
Fire stick allows me to subscribe to Netflix, Hotstar & Sony Liv. So watch all that too.
Having an Android TV, you can get News channel & other channel apps to watch your news and other content.
All you need is a good broadband connection & a hdmi slot for your fire stick in case you don’t have a smart / android tv.
Old 19th June 2019, 14:42   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Have they started providing something similar to DTH, or do you watch TV shows using some apps?
No, DTH kind service is not yet available on Jio Fiber (atleast in my area).

I am watching programmes etc via apps such as Jio TV , hotstar etc.
Old 19th June 2019, 18:02   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, in your case it was a replacement so cost recovered. In my case, it will be a parallel run so don't want to risk the 4.5k.

I am also in Dwarka.
Not sure of the applicability in your area, but here in Pune I have seen the deposit slashed to 2.5k, from the earlier 4.5k. They have widely advertised that as well, and some news sites also carried the news. Here's the news link

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...1400665_1.html
Old 19th June 2019, 18:17   #1044
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Not sure of the applicability in your area, but here in Pune I have seen the deposit slashed to 2.5k, from the earlier 4.5k. They have widely advertised that as well, and some news sites also carried the news. Here's the news link

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...1400665_1.html
Available here also, but it's a compromise.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4604946 (How much do you pay for your broadband?)
Old 15th July 2019, 12:19   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In case I don't get the refund, I have anyway considered that 4.5k as an internet usage fees of 9 months (that I used it) at an imaginative cost of 500 per month. Still it comes to be cheaper than Nextra, which I was using before this. This was in Dwarka where I was staying earlier.

The speeds, its just wow, Nextra etc used to have some downtime. Jio doesn't has any downtime. I watch all shows on TV with HD streaming without any buffering.
So, an update.

1. Seeing no refund coming from Jio, I called up the person who took the device from home. He asked me to raise complaint on Jio helpline.
2. Called on Jio helpline, first the guy said that your device is not yet returned. When I told him that the device was collected, then he took a complaint and gave me a complaint number.
3. After 3 days, the complaint was closed automatically.
4. I called up the Jio helpline, the guy said, please send all details of your transaction to their email address stating the amount paid, date of payment, transaction number, mode of payment etc. When I asked him that you don't have a record of my payment and aren't you sure that my internet was working with (out) payment, he says, that these documents needs to be submitted.
5. Mind you, bank account details on which the refund will be done have already been taken by the executive who closed the account and took the device away.

All in all, it looks like total fraud, I don't hope of a refund. They are just making me go round in circles so that I leave chasing them.

Anyone taking Jio Fiber and expecting that they will get a refund on cancellation. Just forget the refund part.
Old 15th July 2019, 13:41   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Just FYI.
Rs.2500 security deposit Plan comes with a 2.4 GHz single band router and RS 4500 comes with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
So, the maximum speed on 2500 plan will be 50-60 mbps. If you want the full 100 mbps speed then opt for 4500 plan.

I am currently using Jio fibre since couple of months with 4500 deposit. Speed is usually in the range of 94-95 mbps.
Just read this and I am feeling cheated. We were promised 100 mbps by Jio sales representative. Security deposit taken was Rs.2500. It has been almost a month, we haven't received any communication from Jio, the line is yet to be installed.

I already have a case registered against the Jio representative who bad mouthed me when I asked him about the status. Looks like they are not prepared to deliver the services in our area.

Will be applying for refund and will be lodging a case on consumer forum soon. Running out of patience.

Old 15th July 2019, 13:44   #1047
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Just read this and I am feeling cheated. We were promised 100 mbps by Jio sales representative. Security deposit taken was Rs.2500.
100 mbps for 2500 ? That itself is dicey.

2500 gets you 50-60 mbps connection. You would need to pay 4500 for a 100mbps line.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4604946 (How much do you pay for your broadband?)

Quote:
Anyone taking Jio Fiber and expecting that they will get a refund on cancellation. Just forget the refund part.
Exactly what I feared. Thanks for the update.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th July 2019 at 13:45.
Old 15th July 2019, 13:53   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
100 mbps for 2500 ? That itself is dicey.
No 4500 plan anymore in our complex. I see no point in shifting to Jio. Already have a connection where I am getting 50+ Mbps.
Old 15th July 2019, 15:21   #1049
Senior - BHPian

The JIO lines have been installed in our society, and the same was grossly opposed by a lot of society members, since they do all the digging and permanent underground installations without paying anything to the society, more so because they will use installations from our society to provide services to adjoining societies.
But not much could be done

Their personnel had come to convince me to take up their connection, claiming that the deposit is entirely refundable.
My argument was that if the service is reliable, why would I discontinue and ask for a refund? In this case, it is just a foregone expense as far as I am concerned + am already using Airtel which is providing 40+ mbps speeds uninterrupted with top class customer service, and on top of that, they don't charge any deposit and nothing for the modem as well. (4.5k amounts to 6 months of airtel rent anyway)
He also tried to sell me the 2.5k plan, which, thanks to this thread, I knew was a compromise.
He dint have much to say.

I told him to contact me again when they stop charging deposit.

Me feels: they have spent too much in too little time for the infra and by collecting the deposits, they are recovering this infra costs, before their service is officially launched. Right now, customers are willing to pay for the carrot of free internet, with the hope that it lasts for more than 6 months. Otherwise 4.5k deposit (foregone cost in a way) is too much, compared to competition which gives free modem and does not charge any deposit (Plus I also get free prime membership! for a INR 799 - 40 mbps unlimited plan).
And I have seen enough cases of reliance customer care (experiences of friends and families) to stay away from all their service offerings (right, I never fell for their Jio free data call etc plans).

EDIT: on a 40 mbps, 4 mobiles + fire TV work flawlessly. So no, I do not feel the need to upgrade the speeds yet.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 15th July 2019 at 15:23.
Old 15th July 2019, 21:21   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
The JIO lines have been installed in our society
Which locality/area of Pune is this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks