Team-BHP - Holiday to London and Scotland
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Holiday to London and Scotland (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/13878-holiday-london-scotland.html)

Hi guys, Have confirmed to go to UK on the 6th of june with wife for a holiday. Will be landing at Heathrow on 6th evening. Was wondering if any of the team bhp london members could help out to suggest accomodation in central london in the budget of 50-60 GBP per nite. A studio apt or B&B would also do. There are lot of options on the net but would like a place which is known to a member or somebody has stayed at. Would be in london for a week and then to scotland.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Cheers.

Hey I am planning on doing the same for london and may be paris, i wouldnt mind listening here, i might go end of june.

how much did you get your ticket for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Day

how much did you get your ticket for?

Well had miles on Cathay Frequent flier programme so exchanged them for 2 tickets.

Well 50-60GBP in central london will not buy much of a room ..
But check out this place called Endsleigh Court .. I have stayed here .. you can call up and book , i.e. if they have rooms available. The place is far from being posh .. but pretty good value.

The place is quiet, has studio, 1, 2 bedroom appartments. Studios should be within your budget. It would have 1 room (with bed, tv etc & a dining table) , 1 bathroom and 1 kitchenette with an oven (not microwave), small refrigerator, basic utensils etc.
There are no restaurants .. but you have supermarkets within 10 mins walking distance. Get your stuff and cook.

The best thing about it is it's location. It's a max 5 minute walk from Euston station from where you get loads of connections .. even to scotland ..

http://www.alondonguide.com/endsleighcourt.html

This is not to discourage you - but more of a trivia. The London blast in the bus happened right in front of it !

stay a bit away from central london if ur not getting a good place in ur budget cos the tube system in london in excellent

Shuvc being quite right 50 - 60 wont buy you much in central london but u can try cheaper places which are about 15 - 20 minutes from places like oxford circus, lecister square etc, like Elephant & Castle althought the area is not that good but it aint that bad also i would sugest a place like the following like...

http://www.fancyapint.com/main_site/...s/pub1432.html

Its a local pub with cheap beer (the best part) and have accomodation rooms above it, my m8s stayed there while they were here it was pretty comfy but u might wanna contact them before hand to reserve the room the numbers on the website. Bus stop is like 30 second walk and tube station 40 second (lolz)

or else you may opt for something like zone 4-5, about an hour in the (unreliable) london underground system.

Try gumtree.com under "short term accomodations" people give rooms for as short term as a week for like £150 / week . Hope the info helps u can pm me if you need any help or something ill send u my numba.

cheers,
ash

I agree. getting a room for 50-60 GBP around central london's gonna be very hard. The london transport system is awesome, so head to north london for good quality and affordable B&B's and rooms. For those off to Paris, quite the opposite. try hard to get a room somewhere centrally. if u can book early, good. i booked two months in advance and got crazy chp rates. clap:

Guys please suggest places to Visit around London. How much would it cost for a trip to Scotland, from London?

Which are the places where it is worth visiting, 2-3 hours from London?

And, I know that London is quite expensive for shopping, but still...which are the best places to shop for Electronics/Watches/Small gifts (Souvenirs) etc?

Would also like to know from London TBHP members about the places around Wembley where we can get Indian food (not too expensive)

Is London a good place to buy car audio?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopz (Post 916757)
Is London a good place to buy car audio?

No. not car audio. But UK is a great place to buy high end home audio that is a purist dream (Not the sony/panasonic/ etc..). Most of good home audio brands are from UK.

The prices are bit on higher side but the choice is amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopz (Post 915306)
Guys please suggest places to Visit around London. How much would it cost for a trip to Scotland, from London?

Which are the places where it is worth visiting, 2-3 hours from London?

And, I know that London is quite expensive for shopping, but still...which are the best places to shop for Electronics/Watches/Small gifts (Souvenirs) etc?

Would also like to know from London TBHP members about the places around Wembley where we can get Indian food (not too expensive)

Around wembley you will have TON's of choices for food. every other shop is an indian resturantlol:. You alos have Woody's there for good food (though expensive)

London is DAMM expensive. so I would suggest that skip your plans for buying anything from there.:D

Can anyone suggest places that are around 2 hours from London and worth a visit? Places where we can leave in the morning and return back at night, without involving overnight stay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopz (Post 917081)
Can anyone suggest places that are around 2 hours from London and worth a visit? Places where we can leave in the morning and return back at night, without involving overnight stay?

Here are the places you can visit within 1 day. (each 1 day)BTW, while in London, apart from the usual attractions, here are 2 of my favorites:
I stayed in Regent Park/Holland park for close to 3.5 years, hence would suggest the above for sure. Were my hang out places most weekends in London.

Gopz, when are you off? I am there from 6 Aug to 15th.

Khan, whats the best method to get to stonehedge, cambridge and oxford? Any indicative costs would also help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 917100)

Khan, whats the best method to get to stonehedge, cambridge and oxford? Any indicative costs would also help.

If you want to visit on your own, then trains are the best route. All these places are very well connected from London. Cost I can't comment on now, but would be reasonable.

There are tons of 'organized tours' to these places also by bus. You would find 'travel/places to see' leaflets of these in almost EVERY HOTEL. You could use these also. These leave in the mornings and come back in the evenings. Also, every hotel reception would be quite knowledgeable with the finer details, so DON'T hesitate to ASK.

Enjoy your stay. The weather would be nice -- perfect time to visit UK.

EDIT: BTW, if possible don't miss the chance to see a theatrical musical/play in London. A MUST SEE. You can get cheap tickets at Licester Square in Central London and most theaters are nearby.