Team-BHP - Vids: Thrilling/Criminal ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Vids: Thrilling/Criminal ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/13910-vids-thrilling-criminal.html)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88008488190547

Would you condone that ?

That is ONE HELLUVA VIDEO man.
Wish we knew who the driver was..he's a ROCK STAR in my book!

It seems like early in the morning :) streets seem quite empty i wouldn't condone that :D

the guy who was driving that ferrari was fearless of death . that was far more than the limit . one word for it amazzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiingggggg

Holy mother of God! What was that MF upto?

I have my doubts as to whether this is genuine - notice how the camera NEVER shakes despite the number of 90 degree turns and uneven surfaces that he takes? And how that girl was waiting at the end as if on cue. Did you also notice how PERFECT those turns were, with no hint of correction ?

Probably taken at slow speed with reworked sound. The number of red lights he crossed is nobody's business - he couldnt have driven THAT far without a cop latching onto him.

The clip is called Rendzevous and was directed by Claude Lelouch, a French director during the '70's is early morning hours in Paris. The car used is a Ferrari 275 GTB.

This short film when released has caused great controversy for dangerous driving and the director was even arrested and jailed when he refused to identify the driver & the car used. Here I quote from a website about the background of this film:

" On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris. The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine, through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur.

No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up real one-way streets.

Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground until a DVD release a few years ago. "

If anyone wants I could post a link to direct downloading of the whole movie.

POST IT POST IT POST POST IT !!!!(please)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava
The clip is called Rendzevous and was directed by Claude Lelouch, a French director during the '70's is early morning hours in Paris. The car used is a Ferrari 275 GTB.

ETC ETC

If anyone wants I could post a link to direct downloading of the whole movie.

My apologies - didnt know it was that slick a production. Felt like watching a TD-2 game...

Cant wait to see the whole thing.. Do Post that Clip!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by garvit2002
the guy who was driving that ferrari was fearless of death . that was far more than the limit . one word for it amazzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiingggggg

Not only the driver was fearless about himself, but he had no concern for other people. No wonder the director was arrested for this crime, hope they punished him adequately. It may be a cult film now, but only because the driver was lucky to get away with it.

Yes, this is the most craziest real life drive I have seen, even beats most movie car chases which involve multiple retakes.

yeah to enjoy the video is one thing - to actually drive like that, imo, is utterly criminal. Being behind the wheel of an automobile is a huge responsibility, and a privilege not meant for those who 'lose it' too easily or too often

Criminally Thrilling
or
Thrillingly Criminal.

Take your pick ;-)

The car used IS NOT A FERRARI.

It is a Buick-engined Apollo GT to which the camera was attached. The car was uncovered 2 years ago.

The soundtrack of a Ferrari 275 GTB was dubbed on to make the movie more intersting.

And, if you notice, since the camera is set very low, it enhances the feeling for high speed, while the actual speeds may not have been as high as one of might venture to guess.

I have a copy of this video, must say it is manna for anyone even mildly interested in cars.

All I read is blah blah blah.. but no post of the ENTIRE VIDEO... come on ppl... SHARE!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
The soundtrack of a Ferrari 275 GTB was dubbed on to make the movie more intersting.

And, if you notice, since the camera is set very low, it enhances the feeling for high speed, while the actual speeds may not have been as high as one of might venture to guess.

Ahhh so I was right about both the soundtrack and the exaggerated sense of speed.....you're right about the camera.

Send me the video - both Nitrous and Sideways have my email ids.