Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2004, 03:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

So how do you make an average game better? Well you add some splash and dash, some graphics and some better locales, some more tricks and a dash of excitement.

Voila! EA games has done it once again. This time with NFS U2. Check out some screen shots while you are at it here

Check more of the stuff here

EA Games homepage

Revv
Old 2nd September 2004, 11:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats one game I was looking forward to.........Looks like EA had done it again...
Old 2nd September 2004, 15:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

EEks, the graphics are horrible. Post NFS5, they haven't really amused me.

NFS 6 - was a disaster.

NFS 7U - had nothiong to do with car dynamics (more of a show).

NFS 7U2 - bad graphics, but i'll have to play the game for other datails. Hoping that atleast the cars can be tuned manually, and that they handle like the NFS 5 cars.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 2nd September 2004, 18:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Sep. 02 2004,14:27)]NFS 7U2 - bad graphics

The cars don't look realistic atleast in those pics.

Their peak was in NFS 5 wasn't it......its still the best of the lot.

Old 3rd September 2004, 13:36   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]NFS 6 - was a disaster.
Dude, you gotta play NFS6 (Hot Pursuit 2) on the PS2. Its simply the most brilliant NFS game I've ever played. The PC version is not so hot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]NFS 7U - had nothiong to do with car dynamics (more of a show).
Not sure I agree with you on that. Its the only game that I've played (after CMR and WRC etc series) that has reeeal power sliding / drifting (i dont know the real world terms for those words).

I'm really looking forward to NFSU2 .. am gonna freak on the car audio upgrades! Tee Hee!

- Aalaap
Old 3rd September 2004, 14:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Dude, you gotta play NFS6 (Hot Pursuit 2) on the PS2. Its simply the most brilliant NFS game I've ever played. The PC version is not so hot..
Oh there's that must of difference between the two, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Not sure I agree with you on that. Its the only game that I've played (after CMR and WRC etc series) that has reeeal power sliding / drifting (i dont know the real world terms for those words).
What is was taking about the amount of tuning you can do in NFS5 compared to all the others. Even the smallest aerodynamic change you do in NFS5 can see you lap a track 2-3 secs quicker. That is just mind blowing, reducing the rear tyre pressure a wee bit, increasing downforce at the front of the car and reducing "toe-in" can create "lift off oversteer" and help you tackle corners at a much faster pace

If you like to set yor cars before you race, then there is no NFS that can hold a candle against the NFS5.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 3rd September 2004, 16:53   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Oh there's that must of difference between the two, is it?
The PC version and the PS2 version of NFS6 were made by two separate, independent development teams. The PC version had plenty of performance issues and that lack of punch. I know because I played it quite a bit on the PC. When I played the PS2 version, it was a completely different experience. The tracks are different, the car handling is different, the menus are different. Basically the game is not a port of the PC version onto the Console like most people do it. I've heard people say that the PS2 version is better than even the XBOX version, but not having played that, I can't comment on it. A friend is getting his XBOX this november, so I'll check it out and let you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]What is was taking about the amount of tuning you can do in NFS5 compared to all the others. Even the smallest aerodynamic change you do in NFS5 can see you lap a track 2-3 secs quicker. That is just mind blowing, reducing the rear tyre pressure a wee bit, increasing downforce at the front of the car and reducing "toe-in" can create "lift off oversteer" and help you tackle corners at a much faster pace
Ahh .. I never understood all these things about cars so I never made any changes. The max I change is the gear ratio in CMR or WRC. But out of the box, I never really enjoyed the handling of the cars in NFSPU (5). Without making any changes, I prefer the NFSHP2 handling.

What's ironic is that way back in 2000, I was one of the best racers in NFSPU at least in the whole of the Chip office. They had a contest in which about 16 people took part - almost all of them seasoned gamers - and I won! It is an interesting story. I'll post it in the race stories forum soon!

- Aalaap
Old 4th September 2004, 03:47   #8
BHPian

Dudes, I've tried the whole lot, but there are 2 games I keep coming back to: 1. Colin McRae Rally 2 - I like to call it a WRC *simulator*. Awsome physics, visuals and realism - including ultratweaking your car.
2. NFSU: I flunked my finals because [un]fortunately I got my hands on it the same week and all I did was customize customize customize... I could spend the rest of my life inside the game. Added coolfactors: the magazine covers, drift and drag modes, and the *SOUND* of the engines
Cars didn't handle as well as NFS: HP2, though.

I agree, NFSU2 don't look as cool as NFSU. Probably needs a nuclear reactor powered PC to run it, too

Old 4th September 2004, 04:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Aaalap were you in chip? BTW i was there too in 2001 as a trainee with the Digital Media department. Juinagar right?

Revv
Old 4th September 2004, 12:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]What's ironic is that way back in 2000, I was one of the best racers in NFSPU at least in the whole of the Chip office. They had a contest in which about 16 people took part - almost all of them seasoned gamers - and I won! It is an interesting story. I'll post it in the race stories forum soon!
Do that, and don't forget to post your best lap times.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 4th September 2004, 19:20   #11
F50
Senior - BHPian

But the NFS 7 U2 has many new features such as day/night driving option then u can fit stereo systems in ur car and new option is cruise mode means there are 5 locations kinda thing and you can roam around the all 5 locations in one cruise mode ......
And this one I really like it .... In underground mode u gotto take ur car roam around in the whole city to challenge others unlike NFS7U where jus go in the Underground Menu n you are ready to race ......

P.S. - NFS 5 Rocks !!!!!!!
Old 4th September 2004, 20:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]But the NFS 7 U2 has many new features such as day/night driving option then u can fit stereo systems in ur car and new option is cruise mode means there are 5 locations kinda thing and you can roam around the all 5 locations in one cruise mode ......
And this one I really like it .... In underground mode u gotto take ur car roam around in the whole city to challenge others unlike NFS7U where jus go in the Underground Menu n you are ready to race ......
If what you say is true, then i wont even bother trying this game out. Cruise control??? stereo??? Roam around??? Sheesh. Let the kids have it, i still prefer NFS5.

U know what, this game is meant for those who like fancy cars. Anyguy, who knows what real driving and real race cars are, wont even bother. I'm sure most will agree with that.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 5th September 2004, 02:05   #13
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Sep. 04 2004,18:46)]i still prefer NFS5.

U know what, this game is meant for those who like fancy cars. Anyguy, who knows what real driving and real race cars are, wont even bother. I'm sure most will agree with that.
I completely agree with you Shan2nu .....

I still find ways to reduce my lap records with '95 911 Turbo 3.6 ..... I don like GT1

Im waiting for Aalap to post his timings
Post soon man plzzzzzzz
Old 5th September 2004, 02:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

I have to like GT1 as it's the fastest car on my comp. Well not exactly , coz i have this car called the Enforcer 3 which is not only lighting fast but also uncontrolable. Top speed claimed is 700mph, yup it's mph. I've hit 550mph on it which ofcourse ended in a crash. LOL

This car with 3 accidents did a 1:45 on Autobahn, it's that fast. Feels like driving a dragster.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 5th September 2004, 02:47   #15
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Sep. 05 2004,01:07)]I have to like GT1 as it's the fastest car on my comp. Well not exactly , coz i have this car called the Enforcer 3 which is not only lighting fast but also uncontrolable. Top speed claimed is 700mph, yup it's mph. I've hit 550mph on it which ofcourse ended in a crash. LOL

This car with 3 accidents did a 1:45 on Autobahn, it's that fast. Feels like driving a dragster.
Yeah but seriously i don like such cars .... jus like to get the best out of wat u have

Once i dloaded '00 911 Turbo with alloys ... this car was normal with all modifications available just d thing was dat new kind of alloys was der but i deleted it.

I have done 375 kmph in Zone in GT1 by changing those gear ratios.... record is 2:05: ... i don remember correctly

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks