Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 13:19   #2431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Natural Bodybuilding - No way!

Professional Bodybuilding - YES! Almost 99% of all Gym coaches here in India and almost every professional bodybuilder out there take shitload of anabolic steroids. Here in India these guys take their juice without any proper knowledge. Hair Loss is one of the major side effect of this (apart from potential renal, liver and heart complications)

Hi Testosterone

thanks for your reply, i just want to build muscles that's why i am taking ON 100% Gold Whey. i don't want to do this professionally just trying to bulk up with few pounds.

thanks and regards
sajid
Old 17th February 2010, 15:38   #2432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
And what complications are we talking about here?

Frankly this supporter stuff tantamount to another old akhada tale of losing strength and stamina if you indulge in masturbation.

You said it! It really sounds like another old wives tail to me. Long time ago, I did some research on this. Not a single user of these so called supporters was able to give a valid explanation. Not a single doc, including surgeons were able to provide any justification for wearing them (when probed a bit deeper). Not a single medical book (and I'v gone thru many) had a valid reason either.

So from where exactly has this "fashion" of wearing those things come from? I guess nobody knows that either...

It has been sometime since did some research on that, but the only remotely associated ailment that I found may be associated with the issue is inguinal hernia. But there seems no evidence that this can be prevented by wearing anything on the outside.
Old 17th February 2010, 23:32   #2433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4s View Post
Hi Testosterone

thanks for your reply, i just want to build muscles that's why i am taking ON 100% Gold Whey. i don't want to do this professionally just trying to bulk up with few pounds.

thanks and regards
sajid
First of all do yourself a favor and get rid of ON GOLD STANDARD 100% WHEY. This protein is overhyped and average quality protein. It sells a lot worldwide but it's cheap and quality is no where near to the best in the business.

Make a change to MYOFUSION. It's a blend of Whey and Casein so it will lead to better protein utilization, therefore better muscle building and fat loss. Also more important than protein is multivitamin. You're never going to utilize what you eat throughout the day if your diet is deficient in any of the key vitamins.

Last but not least, DIET is more important than any supplement out there. Eat 6-7 times a day. Supplement your protein shake with creatine post short and intense workout immediately for best results.
Old 19th February 2010, 10:43   #2434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
You said it! It really sounds like another old wives tail to me. Long time ago, I did some research on this. Not a single user of these so called supporters was able to give a valid explanation. Not a single doc, including surgeons were able to provide any justification for wearing them (when probed a bit deeper). Not a single medical book (and I'v gone thru many) had a valid reason either.

So from where exactly has this "fashion" of wearing those things come from? I guess nobody knows that either...

It has been sometime since did some research on that, but the only remotely associated ailment that I found may be associated with the issue is inguinal hernia. But there seems no evidence that this can be prevented by wearing anything on the outside.
Exactly, and but of course.
As I said earlier jockstrap helps you if you feel discomfort while indulging in lots running activities.

But even in that case, you don't require to wear those. If that was the case, evolution would've ensured that all animals that have the capabilities and do actually run, they would have a "supporter" prefabricated by nature from birth.
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:34   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
First of all do yourself a favor and get rid of ON GOLD STANDARD 100% WHEY. This protein is overhyped and average quality protein. It sells a lot worldwide but it's cheap and quality is no where near to the best in the business.

Make a change to MYOFUSION. It's a blend of Whey and Casein so it will lead to better protein utilization, therefore better muscle building and fat loss. Also more important than protein is multivitamin. You're never going to utilize what you eat throughout the day if your diet is deficient in any of the key vitamins.

Last but not least, DIET is more important than any supplement out there. Eat 6-7 times a day. Supplement your protein shake with creatine post short and intense workout immediately for best results.

Hi Testo

thanks for all your advices, can you please let me know the price of MYOFUSION and what thing of the jar should i look for the genuine product.
i would be glad if you can suggest me some brand of multivits

thanks
sajid
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:31   #2436
BHPian

It's about 2500 for 5 lbs. Good multivitamin would be NOW Sports ADAM or Animal PAK.
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:43   #2437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's about 2500 for 5 lbs. Good multivitamin would be NOW Sports ADAM or Animal PAK.
Many people complain about animal pak that they face difficulty in taking so many pills together. Had you tried and face same prob?
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:03   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Many people complain about animal pak that they face difficulty in taking so many pills together. Had you tried and face same prob?
Not quite but I've always preferred NOW ADAM instead of Animal Pak.

Acting upon one of my friend's recommendation, I have even tried these pills taking in my protein powder by squashing all the pills and putting it in my protein shake. That was the most horrid thing I have ever taken in my life!

Nevertheless, it's a good product not a great one. Most of the pills make up for kitchen sink ingredients which our body doesn't need anyway.
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:07   #2439
BHPian

^^ myofusion already has a lot of the vitamins and other good stuff. Don't think you need a multi-vit with myofusion.
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:44   #2440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
^^ myofusion already has a lot of the vitamins and other good stuff. Don't think you need a multi-vit with myofusion.
True!

@1-test- Is Now adam available in our area?
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:22   #2441
Senior - BHPian

Myofusion

Hey fellas,
Any ideas from where to source Myofusion in Bombay? The guys whom I order from does not have stocks and is not expecting anytime soon.
I am looking for 5lbs in strawberries and cream flavor.

There is a newish shop in malad by the name of Westerlly, they have myofusion but then they are quoting 3100 for a 5lbs tub when its available for around 2600. Dang!!

I currently on BioX Power Whey, decent protein but want to get back on Myofusion.

Thanks

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 23rd February 2010 at 10:35. Reason: Edited the price of myofusion
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:25   #2442
BHPian

Try Vasuki fitness in Khar.
Old 27th February 2010, 21:35   #2443

Hi guys,
I did try going to gym few years back but then it was pretty hard to stick to the schedule so dropped out after a month. Now thinking of starting with some dumbell exercises at home. Now heres a deal on ebay, do you think the pricing is fine. I am willing to pay a little premium if it saves a bit of time and energy.
eBay India: Best Adjustable Dumbbells Dumbel 3,5 or 7Kg 2 OFF 80% (item 280468058347 end time 22-Mar-2010 10:36:54 IST)
Old 1st March 2010, 00:19   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
True!

@1-test- Is Now adam available in our area?

I've wondered for a year (or two) why Mr Testosterone prefers not to answer such questions...
Old 2nd March 2010, 08:31   #2445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
I've wondered for a year (or two) why Mr Testosterone prefers not to answer such questions...
I may have overlooked these posts! Anyway, I buy ADAM from BodyBuilding.com
3 bottles are all we need for a years supply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks