Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 22:35   #2536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Thanks Godog appreciate, now which one to buy, tastes good and is like the purest with no crenatine in it??
Vicky the best tasting that i have used is Gaspari Myofusion.Triple chocolate/milk Chocolate.the best.and it has a nice blend of proteins too.Egg protein,whey protein,milk protein.Its a pretty balanced product.

The Iso sensation 93 is also a very good product.Pure whey isolate.30 grams in 32 gram scoop.very very good.tastes nice and sweet too.

Right now i'm using Muscletech Nitrotech hardcore.now this tastes not as good as the above 2 and also has creatine in it.
By the way why did you ask for a powder with no creatine.You know i have been through this stage too but when i later learned that even cow milk has creatine then i opted for nitrotech.the amount of creatine is so low it won't have any harm on the body unless you start taking 5-6 or more scoops per day.

I'm also using Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrowhey.Its pretty expensive but has a great taste and is supposed to be very good.Its easy on the stomach too if you're lactose intolerant.

Regarding the consumption.

Whey protein is a supplement and should be used in that way too.have 2-3 egg whites 3-4 times a day when you workout.have atleast 2 glasses of milk especially while sleeping.have chicken and other nutritious foods.

There is a scoop spoon available in the jar of protein.

Have One scoop immediately after the excercise.

and one scoop as soon as you get up in the morning. Even before brushing you teeth.have to do that because the body is starving and giving it whey will enable maximum consumption of the protein.

This much should be more than enough for the beginner stage that you're in and should do you good for atleast 4-5 months of regular excercise.

let me know if you have any more queries.

One more small tip.There is a lot of fake whey protein in the market.and that too in proper branded jars sealed.So buy from a reputed trustable shop.

Avoid buying it from your trainer.I have experienced that trainers are the biggest source of fake whey because to make a quick buck they look for the cheapest deal.

you're in mumbai.search the net and find a big reliable nutrition store.It may be expensive but its not as expensive as your health, ever.
Old 29th May 2010, 01:20   #2537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Since 2004, I've used it around 98% of the times and its superb. I've also used Dymatize and Prolab (once). I find Optimum the best. I'm going to try Myofusion since so many guys are talking highly about it.

Does anyone here take fish oil?
Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
Pathetic.
Considering the price, Beyond Pathetic.
any one else used optimum ?
Old 30th May 2010, 02:04   #2538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Vicky the best tasting that i have used is Gaspari Myofusion.Triple chocolate/milk Chocolate.the best.and it has a nice blend of proteins too.Egg protein,whey protein,milk protein.Its a pretty balanced product.

There is a scoop spoon available in the jar of protein.

Have One scoop immediately after the excercise.

"and one scoop as soon as you get up in the morning. Even before brushing you teeth.have to do that because the body is starving and giving it whey will enable maximum consumption of the protein."

This much should be more than enough for the beginner stage that you're in and should do you good for atleast 4-5 months of regular excercise.

let me know if you have any more queries.

The "whey-for-toothpaste" nutrition program seems a little hokey to me. If your body is glycogen depleted aka starving, you need carbs.

And Whats that in my milk? Is that good?

Last edited by godog : 30th May 2010 at 02:10.
Old 30th May 2010, 11:09   #2539
BHPian

@godog
I've been using ON 100% whey for sometime (bought from neulife) and results are strictly ok, not great.

Since, I've already read a lot of praise for Gaspari Myofusion, from you along with many others from bodybuiding.com; I'm very much interested into trying it out, but neulife doesn't keep gaspari products and I'm very finicky about buying products from any other store, as I've heard alot of horrid fake product stories. So can you suggest some store in New Delhi, where I can procure 5lbs tub.
Old 30th May 2010, 11:21   #2540
Distinguished - BHPian

How many of you guys are using natural home-made protein shakes? I just started on one myself - will try it over a period of 2 months and watch for results.
Old 30th May 2010, 12:46   #2541
Senior - BHPian

Godog i missed out writing this down.Whey in the morning is supposed to be taken with cold milk.They you get your complete package.

I'm not too much technically into this but when the body is starving you give it anything it will be absorbed perfectly.Try having poorie chole for a month first thing in the morning. :P

What i did was experiment.I tried it for 2 months without the morning whey.Now i drink whey in the morning since the past 2 months.and the results are definitely better then earlier.I have been seeing an increase in weight lifting capacity on weekly basis.

Inferno: there is a GNC store in Select citywalk mall in saket.they have it.but its very expensive.otherwise there is nutrition world on the main road near def col.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 30th May 2010 at 12:48.
Old 30th May 2010, 14:22   #2542
BHPian

@navpreet318
thanks a lot for the info, but I had gone to buy ON 100% Whey to neulife and found them also having Myofusion. Just bought my 1st tube , for 3.13K

Will post the results.
Old 30th May 2010, 18:16   #2543
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried Dr. Reddy's Mega-3 fish oil?
Old 30th May 2010, 19:30   #2544
BHPian

My aim was to build lean mass, I was into serious body building for an year when I was in blore, I tried the protein supplement named "Probolic" from US, effects were visible but during this period I started loosing all my hair.

I am not sure if this was due to the supplement or the gymming..

For those looking for protein from the foods like egg/chicken, it won't just compensate the daily intake required for someone gymming regularly..Too much chicken/egg causes heat, unwanted fat too.. I used to prepare the following everday to have immediately after my workouts:

Two spoons Probolic (protein supplement)
One robusta banana
Good life Milk (1 litre)
Cashewnuts, walnuts, badam
Two scoops icecream
1 cadbury

Mix all of the above in the mixer grinder and consume it within 5minutes of work outs, i used to have it for dinner since i used to gym at night & ensure i get the rest for my muscles thro sleep..

Remember too much of workout is bad as it can damage muscles, they need rest and adequate intake too.. Also consume some carbs 1-2 hours before the workout, the body needs some fuel to gather momemtum.

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 30th May 2010 at 19:31.
Old 31st May 2010, 00:12   #2545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post

I'm not too much technically into this but when the body is starving you give it anything it will be absorbed perfectly.Try having poorie chole for a month first thing in the morning. :P

Inferno: there is a GNC store in Select citywalk mall in saket.they have it.but its very expensive.otherwise there is nutrition world on the main road near def col.
It may have worked for you, but i'm having a hard time buying this.
GNC is pretty expensive. The def-col stores have been trashed in previous posts by 1-T (and someone else IDR, too). check out perfectbody.in and lbnutrition.
or PM me for gaspari's distributor contact info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
@navpreet318
thanks a lot for the info, but I had gone to buy ON 100% Whey to neulife and found them also having Myofusion. Just bought my 1st tube , for 3.13K

Will post the results.

Rather steep price you paid! But its worth it at this price-point as well. Looking forward to your post on results.
Old 31st May 2010, 09:41   #2546
BHPian

@godog
neulife gives 5% discount which is passed on to the customer quarterly, so eventually Myofusion would cost me about, 95% of 3.13k which turns out to be 2.94K. The distributor labeled on the tub is 'Perfect Body', I would be glad if you could PM me also the Gaspari distributor contact information.

My initial experience after having my 1st scoop of Milk Chocolate Myofusion are like, it tastes very much like Serious Mass from ON which I had 8-9 months back. Taste is ok, mixing is not very well as compared to ON 100% Gold Whey, but its cheaper and hell lot better in terms of nutrients and protein composition. Eventually, as I will complete my tub, I will post the final results.

Earlier all my tubs came from Nutrition World on the main road near Defence Colony, I think all those products were trash apart from his ON products, he in fact managed to convince me to buy a Gainer from some company Body-Fortress when I had gone to buy 2nd tub of Serious Mass, I don't remember the exact cost, but it was for around 3 to 3.5k for 10lb of Mass gainer; I must say its worse than trash, hard to swallow and mix, I always need a blender to mix it, and while drinking also, I feel particles like dust in my throat. So, I simply avoid drinking it and since then using ON 100%.
Old 31st May 2010, 11:40   #2547
BHPian

Nav, thanks for all the insight, you have always been so helpful.

As I am a beginner I want to take it easy and see results, I know on this thread almost everyone is taking protein shake, but as they say we all have different body and will react differently, so want to see results and how my body copes up with the protein shake, though I am convinced that it doesnt have side-effects(which was my major concern).

Creanitine damages the liver that is the reason I was asking, you are right our regular food, milk etc has it, so dont want to add the quantity with WHEY.

I got some from a friend who bought from Dubai, Saturday I took the first spoon, tastes good, I will post the name in a day.
Old 31st May 2010, 22:44   #2548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
@godog
neulife gives 5% discount which is passed on to the customer quarterly, so eventually Myofusion would cost me about, 95% of 3.13k which turns out to be 2.94K. The distributor labeled on the tub is 'Perfect Body', I would be glad if you could PM me also the Gaspari distributor contact information.

My initial experience after having my 1st scoop of Milk Chocolate Myofusion are like, it tastes very much like Serious Mass from ON which I had 8-9 months back. Taste is ok, mixing is not very well as compared to ON 100% Gold Whey, "but its cheaper and hell lot better in terms of nutrients and protein composition." Eventually, as I will complete my tub, I will post the final results..
Call up perfectbody/ARC in Versova- mumbai... ask for their delhi distributor's number. They should direct you to a certain Mr. Sushil in punjabi bagh-west.

The nutrient and protein composition is not always as it is on the label. The way these things are marketed, there is very little you and I can decipher from the label. Not all products are made the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Nav, thanks for all the insight, you have always been so helpful.

As I am a beginner I want to take it easy and see results, I know on this thread almost everyone is taking protein shake, but as they say we all have different body and will react differently, so want to see results and how my body copes up with the protein shake, though I am convinced that it doesnt have side-effects(which was my major concern).

Creanitine damages the liver that is the reason I was asking, you are right our regular food, milk etc has it, so dont want to add the quantity with WHEY.

I got some from a friend who bought from Dubai, Saturday I took the first spoon, tastes good, I will post the name in a day.

Please don't make misinformed statements like these, and please double check your facts before posting.

The compound you want to refer to is Creatinine. It is NOT found in food. Creatine is. In minor amounts.

Please use wikipedia and google, for starters, and state only that which you are 100% sure of.
Old 1st June 2010, 09:34   #2549
Senior - BHPian

"Creatine does NOT damage the Liver.Neither does Whey protien or any other protien.

If one starts taking it in huge quantities like a full spoon of creatine then it may damage the Liver."

Statement Of the Head Of the Department Of Hepatology In AIIMS.

I asked him this with regards to a particular liver condition that i have and this was the reply.He has given a go ahead to me to have Nitrotech Hardcore which has creatine in it.He says it'll have no ill effects.He just has advised me against taking Creatine separately.

And yes the Myth that Whey Protein has Ill effects on the Liver were totally written off by him.Infact it has been seen that people consuming whey have better immune system and better liver function test results.
Old 1st June 2010, 11:25   #2550
BHPian

Thanks for the clarification godog and nav.

Apologies for misinterpretation in my reply.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks