Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 16:51   #3031
BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
A quick update:

Been going to the gym now for about 1.5 months and lost only 2kgs...

I tend to believe that something is going wrong in my diet as i am working really hard at the gym but, disappointed with such drastic results

I have cut down rice drastically. Eat it maybe during 1-2 meal in a week.

My daily eating routine is:-

Breakfast (9:00AM) : 1 Phulka/Fruit Juice
Lunch ( 1:30pm): 4 Phulka and Curry
Dinner (9:00pm) : 4 Phulka with some munchies like Chips, Peanuts or something else. I just dont seem to avoid these munchies

And, our cook makes these phulkas small, light and extremely fluffy and my meal is over in like 5 minutes.

Unfortunately, nothing to eat in between and feel damn hungry by 9pm.

After dinner, I feel like having a drink later in the night say around 10:30pm or so. No hard food but, I crave for a drink badly

So I have a Diet Coke/Coke/TU/Tropicana Orange, Guava or something of that sort.

Can someone highlight where i am going wrong in not able to reduce weight? Is there a healthy substitute for above drinks that is cold, refreshing and hits the spot?

P.S: Saturday and Sunday Dinners are more or less on a binge mode and usually after midnight.
The reason you are not loosing weight is you are on very low calories(less than daily minimum cals required i.e about 1500cals) and there is absolutely no balanced macronutrients! All you are eating in a day is phulka! Try to have a balanced diet which consists of Protein, Carbs and fats.

Last edited by Red Circle : 1st August 2011 at 16:52.
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:25   #3032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
The reason you are not loosing weight is you are on very low calories(less than daily minimum cals required i.e about 1500cals) and there is absolutely no balanced macronutrients! All you are eating in a day is phulka! Try to have a balanced diet which consists of Protein, Carbs and fats.
Can you outline a few simple Protein, Carb and Fats (??). Let me start the list

Protein : Egg Whites, Almonds.........

Carb : Rice? I reduced to one meal a week. What else is carbs?

Fats : Do I need this? I am trying here to reduce weight.
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:11   #3033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Are you a vegetarian?
Carbs are in a lot of other things that you're consuming, even rotis are carbs + fiber only
You still needs fats, even if you only ate fat but burned more calories than you consumed you'd continue to lose weight. Usually animal fat is not good and vegetable fat is good (barring coconut's I think)
Questions if I may ask:
- What kind of workout are you on? If you are on a weight-loss agenda then I'd suggest max interval trainings, these are a little aggressive programs but the results from other programs can never match up to these. A routine that burns about 1000 calories an hour is what these kind of training programs are. Having done a similar routine myself I can vouch for it that nothing beats a max interval training routine, absolutely nothing. OT: Currently injured from a similar routine, bad case of shin splints.

- Is it possible for you to split your meals from 3 to 5 atleast? Having 5-6 small meals increases your metabolism and is recommended over three large meals.

- Are you counting your calories? If one doesn't know how many calories they are burning and how many they are consuming even the best exercise routines wouldn't fetch any results. I do not agree that you are in any way consuming less calories when there's 9 phulkas, fruit juice, aerated drinks, peanuts/chips and curry part of your daily diet, not to mention how you binge on food on weekends (guilty huh? )

Though I was never overweight, weighed between 65-68 kgs for being 5'8", I have tried a lot of workout routines and different foods and it wasn't until I started tracking my calories, split my meals in to 5 a day, came out with low calorie substitutes for occasional cravings and religiously followed the training program that I started getting amazing results.

One of my 5-meal diet routine is below if it helps:
1. Morning - A recovery drink right after the workout routine, consists of a cup of skimmed milk, half banana, 4 egg white (liquid) of pasteurized eggs + 1 tbls of clover honey (this remains static throughout)
Just before leaving for office I have about 100 g of boneless skinless chicken breast (grilled with a little olive oil)
2. Mid-morning - Peanut butter sandwich in whole wheat grain bread or cracked wheat bread (cucumber + tomato + onion)
3. Lunch - Pulses(dal-mixed) + low-fat yoghurt
4. Evening - Mix Fruits
5. Dinner - Sweet Corn soup or vegetable soup

I swap my meals and keep on modifying them too so that I don't get bored eating the same thing everyday.

Keep yourself motivated enough so that you stick to a high-cardio exercise regime and always always always track your diet. In case you any more info on the workout routines that I didn't name here, please PM me, I'd be glad if I could help.

These recommendations are for people who don't want bulging biceps and meaty torso yet but are planning to build endurance & stamina, get the body lean and in shape first and then go for strength+cardio training. These have worked for me and are purely based on personal experience.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:03   #3034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Questions if I may ask:
- What kind of workout are you on? If you are on a weight-loss agenda then I'd suggest max interval trainings, these are a little aggressive programs but the results from other programs can never match up to these. A routine that burns about 1000 calories an hour is what these kind of training programs are. Having done a similar routine myself I can vouch for it that nothing beats a max interval training routine, absolutely nothing. OT: Currently injured from a similar routine, bad case of shin splints..
I am a man on pure " Weight Loss" mission. My stats are as follows :-

6ft. 1inch
Weight : 104kgs
Waist : 39inch

Problem areas : Waist area, big back and a little fleshy back ( not the back, but, the actual back, below the shoulder)

I reduced only 2kgs in 45 days so i am quite disheartened. I am quite sure its because i am unable to control my diet.

Here is my exercise regime

Warm Up - 2 mins ( stretching for legs, back & hands)
Treadmill - 15-20 mins ( almost all of it at either 6.8 or 7kmph)
Cross Trainer - 10 mins
Cycle/Sitting Cycle : 5-10 mins
Ball exchange with another overweight fella for sides - 3 Sets of 50 each for passing ball from top and 3 sets of 25 each for passing the ball from bottom
Ab Crunches ( 6 sets of 3 different exercise) : 1 Day upper abs, 1 Day lower abs, next day sides
Leg crunches for Abs ( 2 Sets of 15 each)

All of above takes me roughly 1 hour, 15 mins. By this time, I am ready to crawl back home...lol

I decided to slightly modify my diet from yesterday and also reduce portions. Here what i am eating since yesterday

Breakfast (9:00AM) : 1 Phulka and 1 Egg White and Small glass of sugarless cold milk

Lunch ( 1:30pm): 3 Phulka and Curry

A handful of nuts or sprouts for late afternoon

Dinner (9:00pm) : 2 Phulkas with curry. Small bowl of dal and one drink later in the night.

I have stopped eating fries like chips, peanuts, etc.

What ya'll think?
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:27   #3035
BHPian

Quote:
I am a man on pure " Weight Loss" mission. My stats are as follows :-

6ft. 1inch
Weight : 104kgs
Waist : 39inch

Problem areas : Waist area, big back and a little fleshy back ( not the back, but, the actual back, below the shoulder)

I reduced only 2kgs in 45 days so i am quite disheartened. I am quite sure its because i am unable to control my diet.
You might wanna look at diet and exercise plan i am following.
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:35   #3036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am a man on pure " Weight Loss" mission....
My recommendations:

One form of high cardio workout that you may try at the gym -
1. Warm-up to include
(a) stretching of hamstring, groin area (thru deep lunge) and rotating ankles (should take anywhere between 2-3 minutes)
(b) jogging on the spot (30 secs), jumping jacks (30 secs), butt kicks (30 secs) and high knees (30 secs) + rest of 30 secs + repeat same set one more time

2. By this time your body is warmed up and sweating as well. It calls for an extensive stretching - hamstring, calves, quads, groin area, ankles (should take anywhere between 4-5 mins) You should be able to stretch more this time.

3. Now for some cardio -
(a) running on treadmill (60 secs) + push-ups & floor sprints in reps of 4 alternatively (30 secs) + running on treadmill (60 secs) + rest of 30 secs (or more till your heart rate is back to normal)
(b) 2 more sets of above routine

4. More cardio
(a) cycling on stationary bike (60 secs) + hop squats or power jacks (30 secs) + cycling on stationary bike (60 secs) + rest of 30 secs (or more till your heart rate is back to normal)

5. More cardio
(a) running on treadmill (60 secs) + push-ups & floor sprints in reps of 4 alternatively (30 secs) + running on treadmill (60 secs) + rest of 30 secs (or more till your heart rate is back to normal)

6. Standing with knees bent a little - boxing jabs and upper cut (30 seconds each) 2 reps + no rest here, straight to cool down

7. Cool-down
stretching of hamstring, calves, quads, groin area, ankles (should take anywhere between 4-5 mins) You should be able to stretch the max this time.

There are variations to every exercise mentioned up above so that the routine doesn't get monotonous. In case you do try this and feel your body's worked more with this I can share the alternate of the exercises also.

But just in case this looks easy:
(i) The entire routine is to be taken as a military training wherein you only have 1 second to get off the treadmill and start with the push-ups and floor sprints.
(ii) You must push yourself to the max in every interval so that 60 secs feel like 60 mins
(iii) Warm-up and cooling down is the most important part of the routine (unless you plan on having a bad muscle cramp like me)
(iv) Never go back unless your heart rate is back to normal, very important.

Please have a recovery drink within 30 mins of your workout if you feel sore (or half beaten to death). Ensure that the drink has a 4:1 carbrotein ratio.

In case you can work out at home then I can share some videos with you that'd help & guide you (without the need of any treadmill or stationary bike - in my personal experience these worked out best). The only thing you'd need is either a wooden/carpeted floor or a jump mat and a monitor/TV/laptop where you can play the video.

The above mentioned workout is derived from a workout routine that I've followed, just customized it a little since you are using treadmill+stationary bike. However, I'm of the opinion that one could burn more calories without any equipment using own body power & resistance, moreover, its a whole lot fun. The sad part about such aggressive routines is that most of the people are not able to keep up with the lot in the TV (which isn't the objective though) and tend to get disheartened. The key to motivation with such programs is to have measurements (biceps,thigs,calves,belly,buttocks etc.) at every 2 weeks so that you know exactly what's affecting what.

Diet-
Please break-up the 3 meals to 5 at least.
Your diet has a lot less protein. How about boneless skinless chicken breasts to start your day with? I grill and freeze them for 3-4 days and its filling for 3-4 hours at minimum. (as such protein is digested in small intestine and can take anywhere between 4-6 hours to get completely digested)
What kind of cooking oil is used during cooking? I only use olive oil for cooking, it might taste a little different but only a matter of days before you get used to the taste (I, in fact, like it). Another good thing about olive oil is that very less of it is required and you never actually see the oil in the cooked vegetable, the dish looks healthy and appealing.
What is this "curry" that we are talking about here? If you can share the ingredients please.
Where are the fruits?
Dal & sprouts is good to have, keep this up.
Replace the drink in the night with a cold smoothie (skimmed milk + blueberry etc.)
Old 3rd August 2011, 00:13   #3037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A quick update:

Been going to the gym now for about 1.5 months and lost only 2kgs...

I tend to believe that something is going wrong in my diet as i am working really hard at the gym but, disappointed with such drastic results

I have cut down rice drastically. Eat it maybe during 1-2 meal in a week.

Breakfast (9:00AM) : 1 Phulka/Fruit Juice
Lunch ( 1:30pm): 4 Phulka and Curry
Dinner (9:00pm) : 4 Phulka with some munchies like Chips, Peanuts or something else. I just dont seem to avoid these munchies

And, our cook makes these phulkas small, light and extremely fluffy and my meal is over in like 5 minutes.

Unfortunately, nothing to eat in between and feel damn hungry by 9pm.

After dinner, I feel like having a drink later in the night say around 10:30pm or so. No hard food but, I crave for a drink badly

So I have a Diet Coke/Coke/TU/Tropicana Orange, Guava or something of that sort.

Can someone highlight where i am going wrong in not able to reduce weight? Is there a healthy substitute for above drinks that is cold, refreshing and hits the spot?

P.S: Saturday and Sunday Dinners are more or less on a binge mode and usually after midnight.
Diet Coke, even though its zero calories, is not good for your weight loss.
And Tropicana is full of sugar even though it says its fruit. Even though its sugar from fruit, it cannot be substitute for eating a fruit. It would have lost most of its nutrients before it reaches you. You can prepare orange juice yourself instead. Or probably a smoothie. Also, take a scoop of whey protein after your workout.

Sunday 'binge' has to be before midday, not after midnight.

And gradually increase your cardio, may be either speed or intensity or duration.

Hope this helps.
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:48   #3038
BHPian

Quote:

Protein Source - Whole egg(in moderation), egg whites, chicken breast, Whey
Carb Source - Oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes, white rice(in moderation), whole wheat(in moderation) vegetables(as much as you can eat)
Fats(in moderation) - Whole egg(in moderation), almonds, oilve oil, peanuts

Food wise - Cut out completely on dairy products, soft/energy drinks, fried food, bakery and yea one egg white is not going to help you would need atleast 5-6 in a meal
Workout wise - skip all those crunches and twists, its not going to help you loose weight and its not going to trim your abdomen. all you need is cardio about 5 days a week and most importantly weight training 3-4 days a week.
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:02   #3039
Senior - BHPian

The chicken breast must be skinless, else its bad animal fat! One may get skinless breasts but in case it isn't, it must be skinned. And since mobike008 is on a weight-loss agenda, 1 egg yolk should suffice. As for fats, its in almost every other thing we eat and we do not need to explicitly look out for fat containing products. Dairy products aren't bad when we talk about skimmed milk and yoghurt made out of the same milk, in fact skimmed milk helps in making healthy smoothies/shakes and non-fat yoghurt is good to have during lunch/dinner if one likes it too much to avoid.

Best way to have eggs (minus the yolk) is in shakes right after a high cardio workout as the absorption would be faster in liquid form, just ensure that the eggs are pasteurized. In case you can't get these, boil your eggs. Chicken and eggs (uncooked or raw) have bad bacteria (I think its called salmonella or something) and must be cooked/heated properly before consuming, else one can get pretty serious health issues.

+1 to what redcircle said about crunches and twists, because even if you get 6-8 pack abs it wouldn't show beneath all that skin, hence, loose the fat around the belly, at least till its flat and then parallely start with workouts that target abs too.
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:13   #3040
BHPian

I have completed one more month (3 months in total).

Had lost 7KGs and then gained 1KG.

Have gained strength to pull myself up 5 times without support.

Body fat% has dropped to 13.2% what used to be 24.5%, 3 months back.

I am doing morning workout.

I take 1scoop of ISO sensation93 just after waking up.

During workout i am consuming Scivation Xtend (BCAA + Glutamine + Citrulline Malate).

Post workout again i am taking 1 scoop of ISO Sensation93

For my evening meal, i am taking either chicken, eggs, or i make it a point that the dinner is having natural protein sources like legumes, nutrella soya, paneer etc.

Now the issue is with exercise routine.

I discussed with my coach for 2 body parts a day and something like
Mon: Check + Tricepts + 15-20 min low intensity cardio
Tue: Back + Bicepts + 15-20 min low intensity cardio
Wed: Rest OR Only Cardio
Thu: Shoulders + Abdominal
Fri: Thighs and No Cardio
Sat: Cardio OR Rest Or some recreational hobby activities, like cycling, swimming, sports etc.
Sun: Rest

But he always insist on one body part a day, mixed with some abdominal once and 10-15 min of low intensity cardio.

While it sounds good, i feel i am not able to take that. After doing Chest and Back on Mon/Tue, my body and muscle are sore and i dont feel going to gym. I am feeling on Wed, either i should be taking rest or should do only cardio, I am even thinking of doing cycling outside or swimming on off days.

Post morning workout, i have to carry my all day work, office and i could sleep only by 1 in night (due to working shifts). And at max I could sleep up to 7 hours.

What is suggested / advised, Is there a way to get faster recovery of muscles or should I talk with coach and get him agree for more resting periods in between weight training.

Should I increase the post-workout whey protein consumption to 2 scoop instead of 1?.

Currently I am taking around 60-70gm of Whey protein and rest is from meal, Should I increase it up to 100gms. (I am 5"7' and currently at 68KGs).
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:30   #3041
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My recommendations:
One form of high cardio workout that you may try at the gym -
That sounds like a proper military training. LOL! In a gym, sprints etc are not really possible due to dearth of space. Anyways will try to inculcate whatever is possible

Quote:
Diet-
Please break-up the 3 meals to 5 at least.
Your diet has a lot less protein. How about boneless skinless chicken breasts to start your day with? I grill and freeze them for 3-4 days and its filling for 3-4 hours at minimum. (as such protein is digested in small intestine and can take anywhere between 4-6 hours to get completely digested)
What kind of cooking oil is used during cooking? I only use olive oil for cooking, it might taste a little different but only a matter of days before you get used to the taste (I, in fact, like it). Another good thing about olive oil is that very less of it is required and you never actually see the oil in the cooked vegetable, the dish looks healthy and appealing.
What is this "curry" that we are talking about here? If you can share the ingredients please.
Where are the fruits?
Dal & sprouts is good to have, keep this up.
Replace the drink in the night with a cold smoothie (skimmed milk + blueberry etc.)
1. We use groundnut oil like everyone else

2. Curry are simple veggie curries made at home with marginal or zilch oil

3. Fruits needs to be included

4. Skimmed Milk is something we never used. Will include that in the diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Sunday 'binge' has to be before midday, not after midnight.
Normally get up little before noon on sundays so question of binging before noon goes out of the window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
Protein Source - Whole egg(in moderation), egg whites, chicken breast, Whey
Carb Source - Oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes, white rice(in moderation), whole wheat(in moderation) vegetables(as much as you can eat)
Fats(in moderation) - Whole egg(in moderation), almonds, oilve oil, peanuts

Food wise - Cut out completely on dairy products, soft/energy drinks, fried food, bakery and yea one egg white is not going to help you would need atleast 5-6 in a meal
Workout wise - skip all those crunches and twists, its not going to help you loose weight and its not going to trim your abdomen. all you need is cardio about 5 days a week and most importantly weight training 3-4 days a week.
Thanks, this info was what I was looking for in the first place. Cannot skip the crunches and twists as my coach is particular about them and also he suggests when some machines are busy so as not to lose time.

Quote:
The chicken breast must be skinless, else its bad animal fat! One may get skinless breasts but in case it isn't, it must be skinned. And since mobike008 is on a weight-loss agenda, 1 egg yolk should suffice. As for fats, its in almost every other thing we eat and we do not need to explicitly look out for fat containing products. Dairy products aren't bad when we talk about skimmed milk and yoghurt made out of the same milk, in fact skimmed milk helps in making healthy smoothies/shakes and non-fat yoghurt is good to have during lunch/dinner if one likes it too much to avoid.

Best way to have eggs (minus the yolk) is in shakes right after a high cardio workout as the absorption would be faster in liquid form, just ensure that the eggs are pasteurized. In case you can't get these, boil your eggs. Chicken and eggs (uncooked or raw) have bad bacteria (I think its called salmonella or something) and must be cooked/heated properly before consuming, else one can get pretty serious health issues.
Nice inputs. We dont cook non-veg at home except egg. So chicken and all other such protein stuff is not possible. NV takeway at home is allowed but strictly,no cooking
Old 3rd August 2011, 21:57   #3042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That sounds like a proper military training. LOL! In a gym, sprints etc are not really possible due to dearth of space. Anyways will try to inculcate whatever is possible
You're right, it is a military routine: Speed Running

If your goal is weight loss, then believe me, there's nothing else like sprinting [and hiking too]. You don't have to run 100m in 12 secs, but just run as fast as you can. I'd sincerely advise you to find some time and include this activity in your schedule at least thrice a week. Also, don't do it on a treadmill; go to a ground or park, if possible.

What I do is the 30:60S routine - run as fast as you can for 30 secs, then walk for 60 secs - and so on. Maybe you can start with a 30:90S routine.

1st week - n cycles of 30:90S per day, 3 days a week [n is the # of cycles that you can do without discomfort]
2nd week - At least [n + 2] cycles of 30:90S per day, 3 days a week
3rd week - At least [n + 4] cycles of 30:90S per day, 3 days a week
4th week - At least [n + 6] cycles of 30:90S per day, 3 days a week

And so on...

Once you feel that your body has started acclimatising to this routine, then progress to 30:60S and throw in a 60:90S in the mix once in a while.

As with every exercise, make sure that you are warmed up properly before starting the 1st sprint.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 4th August 2011, 10:54   #3043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
You're right, it is a military routine: Speed Running

If your goal is weight loss, then believe me, there's nothing else like sprinting [and hiking too]. You don't have to run 100m in 12 secs, but just run as fast as you can. I'd sincerely advise you to find some time and include this activity in your schedule at least thrice a week. Also, don't do it on a treadmill; go to a ground or park, if possible....
So there's two of my namesakes on the forum that I know of now.

Just wanted to add that any aggressive routine where running/jumping/sprinting is involved must be avoided on concrete floor/ground. I learnt it the hard way hence giving a heads up to all those whom I can. One may end up with flat feet or over-pronated feet, shin splints (currently recovering from these) and even stress fracture. To add, in case there's lateral movements involved, like in the routine that I mentioned, one should graduate from running shoes to cross-trainers.

People that I see running/jogging on delhi roads every morning aren't doing the right thing to their legs.

One thing I'd like to suggest though is that in case one wants to lose weight but also want to do strength training simultaneously, then any and every kind of strength training should come of one's own body power & resistance. One cannot imagine there's every possible muscle that can be worked without using any equipment at all. However, since the result is slow (but there's this another HUGE advantage) people tend to jump the gun, most of the times the result is bulging biceps with a bulging belly.

There's a very fine line between being fit and having a nice torso/abs/arms to look at. Cardio power and resistance trainings build the foundation to a strong and enduring body where in one gets fit first (doesn't mean that you still don't look good) and then can move on to working specific areas of the body. Those underwear advertisement guys aren't the fittest (good looking nonetheless) out there you know.
Old 4th August 2011, 11:49   #3044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One thing I'd like to suggest though is that in case one wants to lose weight but also want to do strength training simultaneously, then any and every kind of strength training should come of one's own body power & resistance.
Totally agree. For almost 13 years, my fitness routine consisted only of running, hiking, skipping rope, pushups, pull ups, chin ups, body weight squats, lunges, double bar dips, situps, crunches, leg raises and stretching. It's only in the past couple of years that I've joined a gym. Even there, I avoid any heavy lifting and just concentrate more on the above exercises and do some light-medium weights @ 1 body part / day.

Works like a charm for me!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 4th August 2011, 14:38   #3045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
I have completed one more month (3 months in total).

Had lost 7KGs and then gained 1KG.

Have gained strength to pull myself up 5 times without support.

Body fat% has dropped to 13.2% what used to be 24.5%, 3 months back.

I am doing morning workout.

I take 1scoop of ISO sensation93 just after waking up.

During workout i am consuming Scivation Xtend (BCAA + Glutamine + Citrulline Malate).

Post workout again i am taking 1 scoop of ISO Sensation93

For my evening meal, i am taking either chicken, eggs, or i make it a point that the dinner is having natural protein sources like legumes, nutrella soya, paneer etc.

Now the issue is with exercise routine.

I discussed with my coach for 2 body parts a day and something like
Mon: Check + Tricepts + 15-20 min low intensity cardio
Tue: Back + Bicepts + 15-20 min low intensity cardio
Wed: Rest OR Only Cardio
Thu: Shoulders + Abdominal
Fri: Thighs and No Cardio
Sat: Cardio OR Rest Or some recreational hobby activities, like cycling, swimming, sports etc.
Sun: Rest

But he always insist on one body part a day, mixed with some abdominal once and 10-15 min of low intensity cardio.

While it sounds good, i feel i am not able to take that. After doing Chest and Back on Mon/Tue, my body and muscle are sore and i dont feel going to gym. I am feeling on Wed, either i should be taking rest or should do only cardio, I am even thinking of doing cycling outside or swimming on off days.

Post morning workout, i have to carry my all day work, office and i could sleep only by 1 in night (due to working shifts). And at max I could sleep up to 7 hours.

What is suggested / advised, Is there a way to get faster recovery of muscles or should I talk with coach and get him agree for more resting periods in between weight training.

Should I increase the post-workout whey protein consumption to 2 scoop instead of 1?.

Currently I am taking around 60-70gm of Whey protein and rest is from meal, Should I increase it up to 100gms. (I am 5"7' and currently at 68KGs).
This is the problem with our so called coach/personal trainers, they are just not ready to listen to the person whom they are training. if you think the current workout spilt is working for you and you see results then stick to it. With regard to the muscle soreness, are you not taking any carbs pre and post workout? this could be the main reason that you are not recovering from your workouts! You are already getting about 50 grams of protein from whey so no need to increase it just include some carbs in you pre and post workout meal and also take 500-1000mg of vitamin C pre and post workout, you get these chewable vitamin C tabs in medical stores which costs just Rs1-2 per tab.

You can also try this workout split, with this split on Mon, after the rest on weekend you will be training your biggest muscle legs and on Tue Chest/Tris so that on day 1 you are training lower body and on day 2 upper, again you rest/recover on Wed and on Thu you work your Back/Bis which is another big muscle and lastly hitting the shoulders on Fri should not be that difficult

Mon - Thighs
Tue - Chest & Tris
Wed - Off
Thu - Back and Bis
Fri - Shoulder
Red Circle is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks