Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2012, 17:19   #3256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Looking to buy a 10lb pack of Dymatize Elite WPI with some good Multi tabs. Any idea where I can get the best price online ?
Looking for the same. Can't find.
If you come across one let me know as well.
Old 20th November 2012, 22:23   #3257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Looking to buy a 10lb pack of Dymatize Elite WPI with some good Multi tabs. Any idea where I can get the best price online ?
6600/- for 10 lbs @ www.lbexim.com
Old 22nd November 2012, 00:21   #3258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Are they dependable?
I mean have you ever bought from them?

P.S- It comes to 7000 including shipping.

Last edited by harry10 : 22nd November 2012 at 00:27.
Old 22nd November 2012, 01:23   #3259
Team-BHP Support

What do you guys think of the German Hypertrophy workout?
Old 22nd November 2012, 13:02   #3260
BHPian

Hypertrophy is hypertrophy whether it's german or scandanavian and only way to force it is to progressively overload the muscle to failure by focusing on ALL compound exercises like Squats, Deadlifts, Heavy Rowing and Heavy Presses. Rep range around 5 is ideal for sheer strength and 6-8 for strength and size.
High volume (10 sets) or medium volume (6 sets) depends on ones genetics, recovery ability and ultimate goal the the currency we're dealing in is fast twitch muscle fibers (2B).
Old 23rd November 2012, 20:00   #3261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Thanks. Price looks decent even though shipping charges are high. I have ordered it along with OptiMen. I used to buy from healthkart.com earlier. Off late they have become greedy and upped the prices through the roof. Now they are not even worth considering with a 10% discount coupon they are offering me.

Last edited by appuchan : 23rd November 2012 at 20:06.
Old 15th December 2012, 18:13   #3262
BHPian

I would like to buy a Resistance Tube from Flipkart. Here is the link for the product - http://www.flipkart.com/nivia-soft-e...istance%20Tube

They have it in 3 different colors blue, black and assorted which differ by dimension as per specifications. Can anyone tell me which one is better ?
Old 10th January 2013, 11:19   #3263
BHPian

I want to put on weight and I'm desperate. No, I'm not looking for a 6 pack, I just want to be able to fit in the readymade clothes. Due to my frail frame, I am forced to live with only a couple of pairs of jeans which I was lucky enough to find after paying a ridiculous amount of money. My 51 kg body doesn't do justice to my height of 5.8 ft. People advise me start working out but without supplements I'm afraid to do so. What supplement do you recommend for beginners like me? Or should I consult a dietician first? Any good ones in Hyd?

I am 25 and next year my family will start bride hunting for me. Too early to tie the knot but it is so in my family
Old 10th January 2013, 18:05   #3264
BHPian

Farukh,

Follow these simple steps.

#1 Learn to squat
#2. Squat

If you are looking for a readymade workout plan, go to www.stronglifts.com
Or search google to look at Starting strength plan by Mark Rippetoe.

Most important thing, SQUAT

To put on weight, you need to
1. Eat well. I know anybody would say "I already eat a lot" -- the truth is that you dont, and thats why you are skinny.
Been there myself for most of my life.

Supplements or otherwise does not matter at least in the beginning stages.

2. Squat. By the time you are ready to squat 70 kgs for 5 reps, I guarantee you would weigh as much. Start light and progress slowly. You will get there.

3. You should Deadlift.

4. You should do pull ups at least thrice a week.

5. You should do Dips, the classic variety.

6. Oh I almost forgot, you should Squat.

If you are not lactose intolerant, drink lots and lots of milk. Search "GOMAD" in google and try to follow it.

Did I say you should Squat ? You should.
Old 11th January 2013, 14:36   #3265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
I want to put on weight and I'm desperate. No, I'm not looking for a 6 pack, I just want to be able to fit in the readymade clothes. Due to my frail frame, I am forced to live with only a couple of pairs of jeans which I was lucky enough to find after paying a ridiculous amount of money. My 51 kg body doesn't do justice to my height of 5.8 ft. People advise me start working out but without supplements I'm afraid to do so. What supplement do you recommend for beginners like me? Or should I consult a dietician first? Any good ones in Hyd?

I am 25 and next year my family will start bride hunting for me. Too early to tie the knot but it is so in my family
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
Farukh,

Follow these simple steps.

#1 Learn to squat
#2. Squat

Most important thing, SQUAT

Did I say you should Squat ? You should.
LOL.
Farukh, Ashok is right.

Supplements etc come very late in life when you are competing somewhere.
OR when you have a severe deficiency in your diet.

First of all keep in mind, you are naturally 51 kg, that means a frail frame, fast metabolism, quite possibly low diet. You can never out grow these things. (in other words you can never look like Arnold Schwarzenegger - which I am sure you don't want to look like.)

So you HAVE to increase your food intake. Whatever you eat today, you'll have to start eating double. Perhaps even more.

Because you are eating more, your body will have a tendency to start storing this as fat, you WILL have to lift weights. Heavy weights. In order to force your body to start using this food for muscle, and not fat.

So what exercises allow you HEAVY weights?
Squat, Deadlift, Dips, Bench press, Chinup/pullup, Overhead/standing press.

How do you do these exercises? What format/order?
http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...rting_Strength
http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Lifts

*You may replace the "power cleans" by Chinup/pullups wherever you come in across in that article.

In one year's time you should be looking and feeling (and actually demonstrably too) stronger.

Last edited by alpha1 : 11th January 2013 at 14:39.
Old 15th January 2013, 18:59   #3266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
I would like to buy a Resistance Tube from Flipkart. Here is the link for the product - http://www.flipkart.com/nivia-soft-e...istance%20Tube

They have it in 3 different colors blue, black and assorted which differ by dimension as per specifications. Can anyone tell me which one is better ?
I am also looking at resistance tubes - I bought one set from Lodhi Sports here in Delhi, but they were very expensive (Rs.1400 for a 2 tube set), and one of them also snapped. Am sure, cosidering they are just latex tubes, these things are available for cheaper elsewhere. Any recommendations.
Old 3rd February 2013, 18:21   #3267
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I am finally restarting gymming after a year. When I stopped last year (because my neighbourhood gym closed down ) I had been a regular for about 2 yrs and had reached a nice rhythm. Over the last 1 year of non-gymming I hardly lost 1-2kgs weight but everyone around said I was consistently looking thinner ? What was happening ? Was I losing muscle mass to fat ? I weigh 64kgs - 175cm height.

My focus once I restart is squat and lower back streghthening. Should I start off with a mass gainer as well ? ( I'm a veggie- no eggs as well ). If so which ones would you recommend ? I'm asking this because my work life schedule will not permit me to have more than 3 meals a day and its impossible to have healthy short meals in between so drinking some mass gainer mixed with water is what I'm looking at. Thanks and happy gymming
Old 4th February 2013, 00:19   #3268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
I am finally restarting gymming after a year. When I stopped last year (because my neighbourhood gym closed down ) I had been a regular for about 2 yrs and had reached a nice rhythm. Over the last 1 year of non-gymming I hardly lost 1-2kgs weight but everyone around said I was consistently looking thinner ? What was happening ? Was I losing muscle mass to fat ? I weigh 64kgs - 175cm height.

My focus once I restart is squat and lower back streghthening. Should I start off with a mass gainer as well ? ( I'm a veggie- no eggs as well ). If so which ones would you recommend ? I'm asking this because my work life schedule will not permit me to have more than 3 meals a day and its impossible to have healthy short meals in between so drinking some mass gainer mixed with water is what I'm looking at. Thanks and happy gymming
Yes do squat which is good for mass gaining. I'm sure you must be having a routine fore all body parts workout as well. Drink lot of full creamer milk. You can start with half liter and increase intake gradually. Let us know how you feel i a month.
Old 4th February 2013, 11:27   #3269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Yes do squat which is good for mass gaining. I'm sure you must be having a routine fore all body parts workout as well. Drink lot of full creamer milk. You can start with half liter and increase intake gradually. Let us know how you feel i a month.

Thanks akas_chauhan - on the milk part - I am trying to cut down milk as well ( this vegan thing is catching up on me ! ). Any other veg sources of fat ? I am thinking of lot of sprouts - channa etc .

also any mass gainers you would recommend ?
Old 4th February 2013, 11:33   #3270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Thanks akas_chauhan - on the milk part - I am trying to cut down milk as well ( this vegan thing is catching up on me ! ). Any other veg sources of fat ? I am thinking of lot of sprouts - channa etc .

also any mass gainers you would recommend ?
Yeah this vegan thing is really catching a lot these days. Avocado could be a good source for fat as most vegan guys recommend.

Can you highlight the benefits you are experiencing from the vegan approach?

Most Viewed