Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2007, 16:23   #346
BHPian

Busa: thats great.....Keep it up.... waiting to see more reform on your body.... keep going tough.

Well all you bodybuilding freaks... just got a piece of information from the Net.... Thought i should share on this thread....

OLYMPIA 2007 coming this September , posting a link to the information and the events with datres and people who have qualified.
Bodybuilding.com - Bodybuilding Contests - 2007 Olympia Weekend Info!

Just wanted to check... would we indians be able to see this on any of the sport channels... if yes.... please help me with the infos tooo thankx....keep Repping....
Old 15th July 2007, 12:30   #347
BHPian

hey guys how is isopure 0 carb protien.I am currently using ON 100 % gold standard but want to upgrade to isopure.Anyways could anyone please tell me how to get rid of the stretch marks
Old 16th July 2007, 11:10   #348
BHPian

Lols Isopure??? Dont know whats that... Sorry...

about stretch marks... hmmm, easy way... get a beach tann, apart from that im sure.. some skin experts will give you ointment to get rid of them... I could be wrong, but still check with em.

old Myth: exercising under the morning Sun wont get you stretch marks.(i know we cant do it.)
Old 28th July 2007, 22:55   #349
BHPian

Need a customised solution for me please

Guys, I desperately need your advice:

What I am:

Im 6ft 3in, 24 yrs old from Chennai
I weigh 104 Kgs
I have flab arounnd my waist and butt and to a certain extent in my chest and back but NO flab on my legs and hands.
I have decent "form" in my hands (biceps, triceps and forearms) but VERY LITTLE mass there.

What I have been doing:

I have been doing cardio for the past month or so. I have been clocking around 500 calories per day and I excersice for about 45 minutes a day 5 days a week.

I have lost 3 Kgs in the past one month.

I have been taking 2 egg whites and chicken on the advice of my trainer lately.

What I want:

To lose the flab especially around my waist.
To gain mass on my hands.

I would request the experts on the forum to give me a detailed plan as to what I need to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Any more info you need, Ill be more than glad to provide.

Last edited by Proxima : 28th July 2007 at 23:04.
Old 28th July 2007, 23:48   #350
BANNED

Hi Proxima,

To lose flab-
You have to lose overall body weight, only then you can see some changes around your waist - i suggest bit of jogging with what ever training you do at present. There is no shortcut, just hard work.
Be very cautious on what you eat.

To gain mass on hands-
Barbells, dumbels will do the trick for your forearms, biceps & Triceps
Old 30th July 2007, 11:15   #351
BHPian

Proxima: 6ft 3inches tall , always wanted to get to that height but anyws, what alex said is perfect, youl have to do cardio to loose overall bodyweight.

You mentioned that you dont have flab on your legs and hands then i guess do some leg exercise like squats , leg presses which will make your legs define and a little bulky, it will also help you loose the flab to some extend. For your hands Biceps: again free weights like dumbell curls, barbell curls, hammer curls , concentration curls and preacher (bumbell) curls. For triceps, skull crushers , close grip bench, one arm over head dumbells, and Kick back will help it grow. To get a considerable change in ur arms, try to work it a little more during other body parts like along with your chest do a bit of biceps and along with ur back do a bit of triceps.

Cardio everyday, minimum of 20mins.

Diet: No fatty, oily , cheezy food after 5.00 or 6.00 in the evening.

And most important just be patient and you will get the results.

Trainers and gymers correct me if i am wrong.
Old 31st July 2007, 00:16   #352
Senior - BHPian

@ Sohail - You know my gymming plan, right, so can i do a lil biceps on the day of back and a lil triceps on the day of shoulders?
Old 31st July 2007, 02:59   #353
BHPian

Guys, how can I lose flab around waist while gaining body weight? I am few pounds underweight and hoping to stay there without gaining or losing weight. At the same time I need lose the beer belly I gained in the last two months without actually drinking any beer. Any advice?
Old 31st July 2007, 11:08   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Update - After doing day1 chest + shoulder + triceps, day 2 back + biceps and day 3 legs here is the change.

New Workout Plan

Day 1 - Back

Day 2 - Chest + Triceps

Day 3 - Legs

Day 4 - Biceps

Day 5 - Shoulder
@busa: If i am not wrong this is the new workout plan that your doing..., yes you can do little biceps along with your back and a little triceps with shoulders. Do medium weights with 10- 12 reps each dont put more weight to the exericse cos when your doing your back you have already worked on the smaller part i.e. biceps so all you need is to pump your muscles and the same with your shoulders. Just do any three exercise.
What i do is: barbell curls 2 to 3 sets 10-12 reps each
Seated Dumbells (incline curls) Same sets and reps as the 1st exercise.
Concentration curls. Same sets and reps as the other two

For triceps with Shoulders: Overhead one arm dumbells
Kickback
machine Press down. Same sets as biceps but weights ranging between light and moderate.

then right after your workout intake some carbs as well as proteins approx 20-40 grams (any form).

@mayavi:you are underweight and you have flab around the belly , thats ok... just get into any form of outdoor sports like football, swimming and just simple jogging around... do more free hand exercises like pullups, pushups, squats and i am sure you'll find the difference and the result.

Keep Repping Guys !!

Note: gymmers and long time gymmers correct me ... if i am Wrong!!
Old 1st August 2007, 22:43   #355
Senior - BHPian

Thanks alot Sohail, will try to squeeze in a bit of biceps/triceps on the above mentioned days. Thanks for the inputs.
Old 17th August 2007, 22:33   #356
Senior - BHPian

What do you guys say about deadlifting? Is it good. what are the +ve & -ve of deadlifting?
Old 18th August 2007, 00:52   #357
BHPian

deadlifts, squats, benchpress are all core exercises. i'd recommend them.
the only -ve i can see is, if not done properly you could suffer from a bad back in the long run.
Old 18th August 2007, 10:58   #358
BHPian

Oooh La La...

Busa: Dealift use to be one of my favourites. Two Types if i am not wrong... one his Stiff Legged which works on ur Hamstrings and Glutes along with the lower back, second where your knees are slight bend (sumo deadlifts),which mainly concentrates on the lower back along with a bit upper back too....The deadlift will also strengthen all the surrounding supporting muscles of the waist, backside, hips and, of course, lower back

Only negative that could be is doing heavy deadlifts without yout Gym belt can cause u injuries... proper form and position is the most important point to be taken care of during deadlifts.
The deadlift is the most effective exercise for building the core strength that supports all other major muscle groups.
Correct deadlifting technique enables one to hold their back straight when engaging in daily activities, due to its emphasis on maintaining a straight back throughout its movement.

All you trainer and trained ones correct me if i am wrong
Old 18th August 2007, 11:55   #359
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sohail and Cheap Deal - I heard that dead lifting can cause problems to the back, is that true, since the lower back muscles are very prone to injuries.
Old 18th August 2007, 12:55   #360
BHPian

Lift for health !

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine View Post
Aadix...

It makes no sense lifting weights if you have flesh all over you.
Wont be all that useful.

Cya.
Dont entirely agree ! Research has proven that lifting weights (not necessaryly heavy weights) Helps tone and build muscle mass, which helps burn excess calories even while you sleep or sit around watching telly.

Reminds me of a Big Block V8 engine,..more muscle more fuel burnt.
Isn't it funny how a car lover always associates everything to his passion.
  • So start with light weights if you havn't been that regular, go in for higher reps till the time the muscles reach the point exhaustion.
  • No point hitting just a couple of muscle groups at this stage, so go in for a full body work out.
  • The floor, and benches at home work great to tone all your major muscle groups. When you're ready for bigger weights you'll know.
  • As for diet, just follow the pyramid, no one ever went wrong with it. Stay away from extreme diets that have no long term sustainability Atkins (Who "quietly" diet of cardiac complications), Low carb etc...the list goes on. Do limit intake of Saturated and trans fats cos they kill in the long run. Veggies / meat or pulses / cereals / Dairy (yogurt for all that good gut bacili) this is the golden mantra.

Last edited by Torque-ative : 18th August 2007 at 13:01.

Most Viewed