Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2016, 14:11   #4321
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Quote:
please do include chin ups, pull ups and double bar dips in your regimen. Based on personal experience, I am sure that it will have a beneficial effect and enable you to lift more in your other exercises.
I dont have any Pull up bar available around my society gym. I had ordered a Tunturi Doorway chin up bar, which I (wrongly) assumed would be vacuum suction type and I wouldnt need to screw it into the doorway. Something like this.
Anybody knows where I can get something I can place at home ?

I swim for about 45 minutes everyday , and while I enjoy doing it and have seen some tummy reduction benefits , but I dont think I am gaining sufficient "strength" from just swimming.
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:09   #4322
Senior - BHPian

Where in Mumbai can i buy supplements that dont seem fake.
Somehow i cant trust these pop up stores that open up just about anywhere.

At the moment i am using Muscle infusion by Neutrex. And it seems completely fake. I am also using BCAA by muscle pharm and that too means fake.

Ive bought these from this place called nutrition planet on carter road, Bandra.
When i contacted the company nutrex about these supplements in the US they told me my box should have their hologram on it.
The box sold by Nutrition Planet does not have the hologram and for that matter whoever stocks it doesn't have the hologram.
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:20   #4323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Fake supplement business is really huge in india. Try to buy online, the chances of getting fake is really low. Healthkart, Amazon are great places to buy supplements. Due to huge margins most of the shops have both genuine and fakes in their stock and they usually sell fake stuff to new customers. Please beware, these fake supplements are very dangerous.

Pramod
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:30   #4324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I dont have any Pull up bar available around my society gym. I had ordered a Tunturi Doorway chin up bar, which I (wrongly) assumed would be vacuum suction type and I wouldnt need to screw it into the doorway. Something like this.

I swim for about 45 minutes everyday , and while I enjoy doing it and have seen some tummy reduction benefits , but I dont think I am gaining sufficient "strength" from just swimming.
Ask a carpenter to create two U-shaped wooden blocks and fix (use strong screws) them on two parallel walls that are appx 3 feet apart. Or on some doorway. That is what I had done when I had such a road at home.

Better option: visit a children's park everyday, you will get pull up rods as well as parallel bars.
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:37   #4325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Something like this.
Avoid that and get this instead. Much more stable and can withstand 120 kgs. Not to mention that you can work with a neutral grip too. Its much better ergonomically, speaking from experience, I have one above a doorway.

Quote:
I was asking similar questions about an year back. You wouldn't really gain significant strength by just swimming, doesn't matter if you swim 45 mins non-stop.

If you want strength then you MUST hit weights. I LOVE swimming but can tell you from experience that it doesn't do much when it comes to strength.

If you MUST swim, assuming you are somebody like me, then you may hit weights during winters and satiate your swimming hunger during summer.
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:56   #4326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Avoid that and get this instead. Much more stable and can withstand 120 kgs. Not to mention that you can work with a neutral grip too. Its much better ergonomically, speaking from experience, I have one above a doorway.
That looks nice. My gym has the a similar one, but it would be good to fit this setup in the house.
Old 22nd July 2016, 16:37   #4327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
That looks nice. My gym has the a similar one, but it would be good to fit this setup in the house.
Its one of THE best options for home gym, unless of course you get a robust power rack. The build quality is top-notch and no risk unlike the flimsy door-based setups.

Just in case anybody decides to get it, please don't use all screws that come with it. It needs 4 screws on each side but use at least two anchor fasteners on each side with remaining 2 OEM screws. Fasteners ensure that it stays rock solid even if you start swinging from it, provided the wall doesn't come off.
Old 22nd July 2016, 18:39   #4328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In India, the source of your supplements are extremely important. Ordering online is your best bet

If you are ever in doubt that someone is selling the real deal, just email the supplement company (email provided on their website) and they usually respond. They also have a list of authorized distributors in a given country

For example - I order my Ultimate Nutrition Pro-Star whey from here. Yes, they are the official distributors:

http://ultimatenutritionindia.com/

I however hear that they will be moving away from Ultimate Nutrition to another brand now and U.N. will be sold through KAR enterprises

You can buy from healthkart and be sure that you'll get the right stuff, but they re-sell after buying from authorized importers and hence have a very high mark up. You can buy from Amazon, but make sure the seller is "Amazon fulfilled"

Hope this helps
Old 22nd July 2016, 21:28   #4329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had ordered a Tunturi Doorway chin up bar, which I (wrongly) assumed would be vacuum suction type and I wouldnt need to screw it into the doorway. Something like
That would work ok. I've been using something like this...or rather I'd cos of late am not working out. Hoping to start again soon

Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements-pull-up-bar.jpg
Old 25th July 2016, 12:46   #4330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Try to buy online, the chances of getting fake is really low. Healthkart, Amazon are great places to buy supplements.

Pramod
Amazon india too may not know if its vendors are selling fake supplements right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
In India, the source of your supplements are extremely important. Ordering online is your best bet

For example - I order my Ultimate Nutrition Pro-Star whey from here. Yes, they are the official distributors:

http://ultimatenutritionindia.com/

I however hear that they will be moving away from Ultimate Nutrition to another brand now and U.N. will be sold through KAR enterprises

You can buy from healthkart

Hope this helps
Great thank. Let me try Ultimate nutrition. And helth kart too.
Old 25th July 2016, 12:58   #4331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amazon india too may not know if its vendors are selling fake supplements right?

Not true, I have ordered some stuff and they were all genuine, they came with a 16 digit code that could be verified online on the vendor site. They have good amount of buyer protection and I don't think anyone would get away with playing customers with fake stuff.

Pramod
Old 25th July 2016, 13:48   #4332
BHPian

Quote:
I used to buy my ON whey protein from NeuLife. Of late though (last couple of years), I have been getting it down from abroad considering the price differential of 30-40%. I can't comment on any other type of supplements as I have not taken anything apart from protein. NeuLife seems to be fine though as I know a lot of folks in my gym who buy various stuff from there.
Old 27th July 2016, 20:15   #4333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's correct. That's why I recommended ordering items that have the "Amazon fulfilled" logo displayed. Chances of getting a fake are slim to none

Quote:
Great thank. Let me try Ultimate nutrition. And helth kart too.
If buying UN, stick to Paradise Nutrition. Healthkart is needlessly expensive
Old 28th July 2016, 20:09   #4334
BHPian

Guys, has any one tried Davisco or any similar brands like Arla/Hilmar? There are a few vendors who are selling Raw WPC 80% at reasonable prices, looking for some feedback if anyone has tried it.
Old 4th August 2016, 22:31   #4335
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys - Just wanted to share the progress so far:

Started with - 87 kilos around 40 - 45 days ago
Current weight - Little under 81.5 kilos
Target weight - 75 kilos

Work out:
Am sticking with the Push, Pull, Legs, Whole body split. Took this week off as wanted to create further calorie deficit with diet alone and also just give the body a break

Diet:
Restricting calories to 1500. 24 hour fast day (once a week) usually sees me consume around 600-800 calories (1 meal). Continuing with intermittent fasting too, love it!! A big part of what helps me "feel full" is regular water intake and the whey protein shakes. Yum! I am also consuming fish oil but cant really make out if its doing anything for me

Changes and help required:
I am low on my micro-nutrients. Have ordered "Rainbow light men's one". Have read good reviews. 3000 bucks for 150 pellets. Should last me around 5 months. Ordered it from Ebay India, and the seller is directly shipping from US, so hopefully its the real deal and not a fake

The help I need is with my abs workout. Let me start with this - I hate crunches. Feel nauseated and out of breath and cramped after I do them. Feel totally sapped of all energy and don't "feel good" like with other workouts - Yes; including leg day

Can somebody help me come up with a program for abs? I mean a detailed one. Like - what exercises, how many sets, frequency, separate day or add it with a push / pull day for example. The thing is that while I look visibly slimmer, the fat on my lower belly; surprise surprise - doesn't seem to be going down as much as I would like. Need to finish off this irritating sack of fat but I would want to get away from crunches unless there is no other way out

Thanks as always gents! Hope to hear back from you soon

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 4th August 2016 at 22:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks