▲ Go to Top ▼ Bottom
Old 17th September 2007, 22:37   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelguese View Post
Thirdly since i have very faithfully regulated my diet and I need some additional protien only supplement, dicussing with him he stated that all protien only supplements have creatin??? (about 1%).
Would appreciate comments from forum members regarding this.
Thanks!
Nope, you get whey supp's without creatine. Optimum 100% Gold standard whey and San Volumass are 2 of the decent products available easily here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
How many sets to do, should i do moderate 3 sets or heavy 2 sets. When i do 2 sets i finish in 45 minutes, with 3 sets i take atleast 1 hour 15 minutes or more.
My favorite program was the 5x5 routine (5 sets / 5 reps). Aim is to keep on ramping the weight. Workout mon/wed/fri. Let me know if your interested I can give you some more info.

Great advise from vikram18, he knows what he's talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
has anyone tried Gold's gym in bangalore ?
Ask v1p3r he can get you a free membership there

Its a good gym, couple of knowledgeable trainers too. Little cramped small for my liking. It all boils down to what your aim/goal is? Are you extremely cardio/fitness oriented or more inclined towards strength training.
Old 19th September 2007, 22:27   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My favorite program was the 5x5 routine (5 sets / 5 reps). Aim is to keep on ramping the weight. Workout mon/wed/fri. Let me know if your interested I can give you some more info.
hey can you give more info, are you talking about supersets?
Old 19th September 2007, 22:53   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
hey can you give more info, are you talking about supersets?
Not supersets. 5 sets per exercise with only 5 reps per set. It focuses on compound body movements working the major muscle groups. No direct bicep/tricep work or isolating muscles.

Its more of a "starting strength" / powerlifting routine

Workout A : Squat / Bench / BB Rows
Workout B : Squat / Clean & Press or Military / Stiff Leg Deadlifts

Do front squats on wednesdays.

Mon/Wed/Fri - Thrice a week, so it goes :

Week 1 : A-B-A
Week 2 : B-A-B
Week 3 : A-B-A

So on and so forth. You can slowly add 1 or 2 exercises for Bicep/Triceps on fridays only.

Core exercises like Chinups/Dips/Pushups 2x8 should be done depending on which muscle workout you have. AB's twice a week.

If you stick to this program for a minimum of 8 weeks with dedication I guarantee you strength gains. Adding mass/bulk solely depends on your diet.

You start of with a moderate/easy poundage on the bar and as time goes by you starting ramping the weights. Ideally your first 2set x 5reps serve you as a "warmup" in each exercise. The remaining 3x5 are your "work" sets. Maintain the same weight right across your work sets. (I used to cheat and use varying poundage.)

This program is similar to the Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version.

Last edited by s0uljah : 19th September 2007 at 22:54. Reason: added link
Old 21st September 2007, 00:42   #424
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy, will surely try it once, currently doing circuit as maintanance, not gymming regularly.
Old 27th September 2007, 23:42   #425
Senior - BHPian

Here's a classic example of how bodybuilders have evolved through the years.

Ronnie Coleman (8 time Mr. Olympia - last title in 2005 and still active) vs Arnold Schwarzenegger (7 time Mr. Olympia - last title in 1981 and long retired).

Btw, this is the new Mr. Olympia 2006 (can't wait for the 07 showdown between Coleman and Cutler).

And here's Mr. errr....Rambo at age 60, getting in shape for John Rambo (Rambo 4).

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 27th September 2007 at 23:47.
Old 28th September 2007, 03:37   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post

Ronnie Coleman (8 time Mr. Olympia - last title in 2005 and still active) vs Arnold Schwarzenegger (7 time Mr. Olympia - last title in 1981 and long retired).

Shan2nu
They've evolved because they now have easy access to cutting edge anabolic steroids that Arnie and Co. didn't. Those guys had Deca, D-bol and the like; these dudes have specialized juice like Boldenone for bulking, winnie for cutting, some even just to make the skin look paper thin. Frankly I prefer the more "natural" look of say a Dave Draper, an Arnie or even Frank Zane for that matter compared to these chemically created monsters like Ronnie and Jay. The oldies ate food; these guys practically live on supplements!

Last edited by vikram18 : 28th September 2007 at 03:39.
Old 28th September 2007, 11:03   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Btw, this is the new Mr. Olympia 2006 (can't wait for the 07 showdown between Coleman and Cutler).
Coleman and Cutler looks like freaks compared to relatively natural looking Schwarzenegger. They look aesthetically bad.
Old 28th September 2007, 11:06   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Frankly I prefer the more "natural" look of say a Dave Draper, an Arnie or even Frank Zane for that matter compared to these chemically created monsters like Ronnie and Jay. The oldies ate food; these guys practically live on supplements!
Same here man. In those days, bodybuilders looked like muscular humans, these days, they look like genetically enhanced mutants. LOL

The guy Arny beat in the 1975 Mr. Olympia (Serge Nubret) is 66 years old now.

This is what he looked like during his peak.

And here he is at 65-66!!!

In contrast, here's Arnold at age 59-60. Bulking up is one thing, maintaining it through the years is a completely diff ball game.

Even so, Arnold was the best during his years. Hard to believe, i'm looking at the same guy here.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 28th September 2007 at 11:09.
Old 28th September 2007, 17:24   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18
They've evolved because they now have easy access to cutting edge anabolic steroids that Arnie and Co. didn't. Those guys had Deca, D-bol and the like; these dudes have specialized juice like Boldenone for bulking, winnie for cutting, some even just to make the skin look paper thin. Frankly I prefer the more "natural" look of say a Dave Draper, an Arnie or even Frank Zane for that matter compared to these chemically created monsters like Ronnie and Jay. The oldies ate food; these guys practically live on supplements!
AMEN to that!
PS: Im a victim of the DD.
Old 28th September 2007, 23:46   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
They've evolved because they now have easy access to cutting edge anabolic steroids that Arnie and Co. didn't. Those guys had Deca, D-bol and the like; these dudes have specialized juice like Boldenone for bulking, winnie for cutting, some even just to make the skin look paper thin.
True... arnie juiced back in the day except that he didnt have the array of substances they got now. Downside of this whole thing is that every other high school kid in the US now starts off with test/dbol and even orals. Poor or zilch PCT ends up with some real scary scenarios. You know the drift vikram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
AMEN to that!
PS: Im a victim of the DD.
Oh I thought you were joking when you told me that sometime ago. Its rampantly used in our local gyms and also recklessly. Its of no use unless of course its part of a well planned stack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Coleman and Cutler looks like freaks compared to relatively natural looking Schwarzenegger. They look aesthetically bad.
Classic BB is the best. For me its all about symmetry. I think a lot of the great genetics has been washed down the drain now.

Iv seen some of the harsh AAS cycle my friends have been through and the transformation they have undergone, it involves a lot of hard work so one cant take that away from them.

If you guys want to see some really freaky and weird stuff look up Greg Valentino/Synthol in google.

Last edited by s0uljah : 28th September 2007 at 23:47.
Old 29th September 2007, 00:12   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you guys want to see some really freaky and weird stuff look up Greg Valentino/Synthol in google.
You really freaked the hell out me, that was really very very scary
Old 2nd October 2007, 18:28   #432
BHPian

Hey Guys - what is the best gym to join in Gurgaon. The closer to DLF golf course, the better. Should be well equipped with a ton of free weights going upto 100lb dumbells. Also should have incline benches / preacher curl / cables etc. I don't mind paying a premium for a really good gym with instructors who can spot me etc. Thanks.

Last edited by vcash : 2nd October 2007 at 18:32.
Old 25th October 2007, 23:18   #433
Senior - BHPian

Where can i get Creatine Monohydrate and Whey Protein supplements in Bangalore?

Is anybody on the forum taking these?

Shan2nu
Old 26th October 2007, 00:35   #434
BHPian

Quote:

Shan2nu
Nowadays, I think almost any decent sports store should be stocking these. I take Whey; have used Creatine in the past.
Old 26th October 2007, 00:54   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Shan2nu
Iv PM'd you my number, let me know your requirements. The shops will charge you a premium, I know the distributors so can get you a competitive price.