Team-BHP - Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1404-bodybuilding-exercises-supplements-4.html)

is anyone out here taking Whey Protein or Serious Mass or any protein supplement or weight gainer??!
I'd like to know what recipes you guys use for having them.

Gordon,
I'm taking Whey. Infact, its my 2nd jar now. I think it does help..not in strength but in providing fuel to the body. Try it out..its 1300bucks in Alfa. Btw, I take it in milk..

skimmed milk ...
whey protein helps gain lean mass and increases muscle capacity but is pretty hard to maintain once you get off the schedule ..
because i lost tremendous amount of lean mass off once i got off the schedule ..

cheers

:) rj and turbo_lover I do know it helps, I've explained the same all over this topic

I know everything about Whey Protein, Creatine, Glutamine, etc. No need to explain me about that. All I wanted to know what recipe do you use for the supplement.

From the past one year, I've been having Weider Mega Mass 4000 and the recipe I used is:

1 scoop Mega Mass Vanilla
400ml milk
1 large cup of vanilla ice cream
A lot of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup

I've just recently purchased Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Chocolate 6lbs. I just wanted to know any other recipes you guys may be using to have these powders.

gordy u trying to gain wait??

me getting back to gym in a few weeks time,
currently writing exams so, not going to gym from a last few months

mission ahead to looose weight on legs and stomach and gain mass around shoulders and arms, any suggestions buddy?

me was on 3 day cycle, might change it to two day one since i have the whole day free from may mid to july mid(2 months of complete gymming!pure bliss!).

ps:dad's going to mumbai so are a couple of friends, where do u buy up ur suppliments, how are the rates?,if they are cheaper than hyd will pick them up from there.

Ok... am not much into bodybuilding or anything... tried it for sometime, but when i stopped just gained a lot of weight.

Also the gym i used to go to was run by an ex Mr Karnataka. His younger brother started working out and became really huge in a really short time. We asked him what he was taking and he told us it was an all natural indian product.. Well... guess what... he was taking the stuff they feed cows to fatten them :D

Also... just felt like posting this pic. Arnie has become really old hasnt he.

he he cow fodder? i heard advertisements of that on AIR :D

just cant stop laughing dude...

This is the downside to body building, it is simply not sustainable in the long term. I am not into body building, instead I am into functional strength building using body weight calisthenics (BWC) or combat conditioning. I don't have huge bulky muscles, but I have functional strength and fit body. I have been working out for 21 years (since 15) and have tried so many fads/equipments like pumping iron in top class gyms, bowflex, Tae-Bo, various home gyms, treadmill, cycle, etc, etc. BTW, I don't take any kind of supplements or vitamins. The only thing that has worked very well for me is BWC, it is free, no equipments, injury free and can be done in any age even in the 70s.

Yes. I realised that it was just not possible for me to work out and sustain it. Am looking at something else. I have heard of combat conditioning and it seemed really interesting. Does anyone have the book?? I found it on this site www.mattfurey.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
I have heard of combat conditioning and it seemed really interesting. Does anyone have the book?? I found it on this site www.mattfurey.com

Yes, he has been my guru for last 3 years. I have many of his books and videos. Although his marketing tactics sound like hype, his conditioning methods work very well. In fact, the US marine corp extensively use his methods. Lots of US miliary guys and martial artists all over the world use his methods.

Exercise and bodybuilding are very good and will always keep you "fit". They are very good in the long term. You may gain/lose considerable weight if you stop exercising. This is because of three major reasons:

Genetics:
Genetics play a huge role in bodybuilding. Even if there are two guys of the same body type and have the same diet, one of them can build great muscle in 3 months, while the other slogs for a year. Same goes with losing fat.

Body Type:
Just like genetics, they make a huge difference. There are three different body types. Ectomorph, Endomorph and Mesomorph.
Ectomorphs have thin body structure and it is very difficult for them to gain weight. However, it is very easy for them to lose weight. Metabolism is very fast.

Endomorphs are the opposite of Ectomorphs, they have wider hips and they can easily store fat. It is difficult for them to lose fat but they can gain it back very fast. Metabolism is slower.

Mesomorph are the BEST! They have broad shoulders, long torso. They can build muscle very very fast and in an efficient way. They have low fat in their body, they can gain muscle and lose fat nicely.
One can have double body-types such as ecto-endomorph, endo-mesomorph, etc. This depends on your body characteristics.

Diet:
After leaving the gym, the main thing is your diet. Most eat junk food and have a lot of carbs which lead them to gain fat. The carbs are not being used in any activity thus resulting them to get stored as fat. However, there is a great Amino Acid that will help you to prevent muscle deterioration. That is Glutamine. Even if you stop exercising for a month or two, proper amounts of Glutamine will keep your muscle size under check.

Always remember:
With exercise, diet and determination, anyone can achieve anything!

Samurai..I would really like to borrow some of matt furey's books from you if you dont mind.
Do let me know.

hey gordon
u didnt answer my question bud!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
Samurai..I would really like to borrow some of matt furey's books from you if you dont mind. Do let me know.

I expected that request would soon follow, it has happened before... :)

Unfortunately the answer is NO. I have spent thousands of dollars and thousands of hours of research accquiring my fitness books over many years. Therefore I can't let somebody just xerox or copy my books and videos effortlessly.

What I can do is let you have a look at it in my presence or even give free instruction on Furey methods. But if you want the videos or books, you have to buy it from Matt Furey. That's the least I can do for what Matt Furey's books/videos have done for me.

Yes... sure.. its probably the same thing that i do with my CDs too.. I dont like lending them out to people

would definitely like to have a look at them though. And will take you up on your free instructions too. :D