Old 23rd September 2008, 17:48   #721
BHPian

I do cardio+abs on alternate days.
Here is my cardio outline.
15 mins on treadmill (THR 150-160)
5-7 mins of elliptical
5-7 mins of stair trainer.
10 mins of stationary cycle.
Is this format right? I am 5'3" and i weigh 67kgs. with a fair bit of belly fat. which is why doing cardio is very important for me.
Old 23rd September 2008, 19:00   #722
Senior - BHPian

from my experience, fan at high speed in low temprature after a workout can give some muscle pain (mostly neck) and headache. but it's temporary.

sweating out is good, but letting the sweat do it's job is the best. @amitoj, although neither you nor your neighbors are doing anything wrong, I suggest you change the direction of the fans away from your workout area when u get onto a machine. indiect ventilation is very much needed, more than air conditioning.
Old 23rd September 2008, 22:03   #723
BHPian

hey guys,

i started weight lifting 10 weeks ago. My schedule is

1) Stretching + skipping - 15 mins
2) 13 X 4 bicep curls 5kgs each hands. I just increase the intensity by decreasing the rest period
3) 10 x 4 tricep extension 5kgs same as above.
4) 15 x 5 squats
5) 10 x 4 chest fly
6) 8 x 4 crunches
7) 10 x 4 lateral raise
wrist, neck, foot, calves = normal stretching with high intensity

arms n shoulder, calves and back are divided in as 2 days workout/week!!

food includes : 3 medium homemade meals, 2 eggs daily, whey proteins 40gm daily with creatine. 2000 cal / day.

I wanted strong raised shoulders n strong arms. wanted to loose belly n butt

weight - 90 before - 85 now
arms have become tighter then those fatty jelly arms. waist decreased by 2 inches, thighs and shoulders are in shape (visible). feel confident then before.

hope am going on right track. No one is talking about the pump you get while weight lifting?. i couldnt read all the post so sorry if already mentioned.
Old 23rd September 2008, 23:33   #724
Senior - BHPian

bmdesai:
Quote:
1) Stretching + skipping - 15 mins
2) 13 X 4 bicep curls 5kgs each hands. I just increase the intensity by decreasing the rest period
3) 10 x 4 tricep extension 5kgs same as above.
4) 15 x 5 squats
5) 10 x 4 chest fly
6) 8 x 4 crunches
7) 10 x 4 lateral raise
If all of this is on one day, you're seriously overtraining yourself. I didn't get the 2 days workout/week thing, apologies if I've misunderstood. If you're only training 2 days a week, why not divide the exercises into more groups than just 2 and upping it to 3-4 days a week. In any case, please please do the heavy compound lifts (can only see squats right now, but if you start adding stuff like bench press, military/shoulder press, any type of rowing) before isolations; you don't want to be fatigued before you do your hardest and heaviest exercises every workout.

As for the pump, and since I've noticed that you're taking creatine, it's pretty much always-on, just a little less than when you're working out that specific muscle. What I love more is the feeling of increased blood/water circulation/retention in my muscles and the buildup of lactic acid during a set
Old 26th September 2008, 16:50   #725
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,
Any information about these weight-loss programs by VLCC ? They say its machine controlled and the fat is burnt to use it as energy and all that. I am 72 kilos for 168 cms, and I guess that is kinda overweight, esp with the belly hanging around.

VLCC has a 12 sessions program aimed at cutting out 5 kgs. Anyone who has tried out the same ?
Old 26th September 2008, 17:13   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Hi guys,
Any information about these weight-loss programs by VLCC ? They say its machine controlled and the fat is burnt to use it as energy and all that. I am 72 kilos for 168 cms, and I guess that is kinda overweight, esp with the belly hanging around.

VLCC has a 12 sessions program aimed at cutting out 5 kgs. Anyone who has tried out the same ?

Why are you looking for shotcut sir, I dont' think you are very over weight. And Just for your information belly is the toughest part to reduce in all over body weight. I would recommend start Jogging and see the result in 3 months. You can pay be once you get results
Old 26th September 2008, 18:47   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Hi guys,

I checked out VLCC about 1 1/2 years ago when I was about to begin my weightloss journey. They quoted me something like 10000/10kg, after factoring in various extra things like massages, etc which I was told I shouldn't go without. I didn't think it was reasonable since I was overweight to the tune of something like 40 kgs .

Went my own way and ended up losing 48 kgs (79 right now from 127) in the span of 1 year 4 months with my method.. I would recommend you to not take the easy way out and work hard towards it. You might just find it addictive. ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post967181 lost another 2 kgs since then )
Old 26th September 2008, 19:08   #728
BHPian

Avoid VLCC

Its another gimmick. My wife has taken this and i told her how stupid the plans are.

Normally if you start doing any exercise+diet on your own, you will loose 3-4 kgs. problem is it stops there unless you increase the intensity of your exercise and be very strict on diet.

VLCC - they will tell you to do a lot of dieting, literaaly drink liquids only, any day you eat a little more and don't loose wait they will ask you to come next day. In fact you will loose 5 kgs in your 7th or 8th session and they will say thank you and good bye. Its not that they will give you 12 sessions for sure. (If you loose 5 kgs in 2nd session then thats it).

I would say VLSS is like Amway(Fraud).

Instead of spending 14000 in VLCC just follow what other stay here in this forum and pay that money for charity. If you donęt find one let me know I will tell to do certain things and you will loose more than 5 kgs in a natural way(no short cuts) .

To start with:
- Eat very very less rice, sugar, potato, fried items.
- Make sure you take a healthy break fast in the morning(before 9 - 10
am).
- Do brisk walking(or jog) for an hour in a park near your house.
- Do this for a month and you will certainly loose weitht.
- Buy a Weighing machine and track your weight everyday and also note
down what you ate each day.

Help yourself not VLCC.
Old 26th September 2008, 21:07   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
To start with:
- Eat very very less rice, sugar, potato, fried items.
- Make sure you take a healthy break fast in the morning(before 9 - 10
am).
- Do brisk walking(or jog) for an hour in a park near your house.
- Do this for a month and you will certainly loose weitht.
- Buy a Weighing machine and track your weight everyday and also note
down what you ate each day.
people tend to do this religiously once they pay somebody thousands and he tells them to do it.
Old 8th October 2008, 06:38   #730
BHPian

Does anybody know about the gym in solitaire hotel seshadripurma Bangalore. How good is the solitaire gym and what is the cost of the annual membership plan. Info appreciated. Thanks.
Old 8th October 2008, 13:28   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Fans are for females, men should be able to handle the sweat. LOL

Anyway, end of the day it's your choice. If you're comfortable doing it then no issues. Im just happy as long as i see good results.

Shan2nu
That is the most hillaroius statement ive ever heard. Next you may even suggest that men should exercise in the steam room.
Old 8th October 2008, 13:37   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
That is the most hillaroius statement ive ever heard. Next you may even suggest that men should exercise in the steam room.
All but strongly feminist women should be able to see that the comment was in light jest?
Old 8th October 2008, 15:17   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
not wanting the fan is not the same as wanting a steam room.

and no, you are not a strongly feminist woman.
Old 25th October 2008, 19:23   #734
Senior - BHPian

I have recently started brisk walking. I am very new to the fitness thing and dont have high expectations now. Just want to get some sort of exercise and reduce a few kgs from my current 85kgs and bring down my pot belly by a few inches.

Please advise if my method is right:

I warm up at 3.5km/hr for about 4 mins and get to about 5km/hr. After 10 mins, I move to a 4 step incline at 4.2km/hr. 10 mins later, get back to 5km/hr and continue till 26mins. Cool down for 4 mins at 3.5km/hr. Light stretching exercises after that. Total of 30 mins every day of brisk walking.

Any advise will be helpful.
Old 26th October 2008, 01:18   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Please advise if my method is right:

I warm up at 3.5km/hr for about 4 mins and get to about 5km/hr. After 10 mins, I move to a 4 step incline at 4.2km/hr. 10 mins later, get back to 5km/hr and continue till 26mins. Cool down for 4 mins at 3.5km/hr. Light stretching exercises after that. Total of 30 mins every day of brisk walking.

Any advise will be helpful.
Does it feel difficult? Like really really "I hate this goddamn treadmill" difficult? If not, increase the intensity. Once you start feeling comfortable at those levels, increase the intensity again. Rinse and repeat over and over for a few months. Intensity could mean a higher speed, steeper incline or both simultaneously.

Finally, once you've been walking for a month or so, start running. At first, it won't be possible for more than a few hundred metres at a stretch. A couple of weeks later, it could be a kilometre. A couple of months later and with sincerity, it will be a few kilometres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks