Team-BHP - Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1404-bodybuilding-exercises-supplements-6.html)

Quote:

So my aim right now wouldnt be bodybuilding/weightlifting but would rather be losing some of the weight.
Bodybuilding/weight training is not just for bulking, almost half of the people do it to lose fat/weight and gain muscle instead.

Quote:

Lemme know what i should do.
See post #61 on this page. Thats a general thing what you can do. Check with your trainer and doctor before following any routine from the internet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
Hehe... not worked out for years now. Am nice and fat. So my aim right now wouldnt be bodybuilding/weightlifting but would rather be losing some of the weight. Lemme know what i should do.

Anush, tell me honestly. Are you ready to put in the hard work to achieve your target? As a fellow former Rakum student you probably know what needs to be done to achieve fitness, or may be you have forgotten... ;)

Are you motivated enough to workout hard? If not, no technique or method can help you.

Yes... absolutely.
Am totally determined to do something about it now. Its getting too late :D
And am also looking for a routine that i will be able to fit in to my schedule. Since i dont want to start something that i would not be able to sustain over a period of time.
But am definitely determined and ready to do whatever it takes now.

Quote:

Yes... absolutely.
Am totally determined to do something about it now. Its getting too late :D

In that case drop into my office when you can, we'll have a talk. You do have my number. And it is never too late as long as you are healthy and motivated.

Quote:

Since i dont want to start something that i would not be able to sustain over a period of time.

The exercises I do are very sustainable. My boss who is 52 can do most of the work-outs I do and he also runs 5Kms everyday.

Thanks Samurai.
I shall definitely do that.
will give you a call before i drop by.

Hey Gordy...cool topic u got here.
well , being an avid bodybuilder myself i am working out since 4 years now.I started out
with a body wieght of only 55 kgs(and being 6'1 , i looked awful). now after consuming
allll the possible supplements under the sun (which u will see in the list below and most
of which didnt provide any improvement ) i weigh about 80 kgs.Even though i have gained
some fat , it doesnt matter because i just wanted to gain some mass.

Goal: To get really really big!!.

BEFORE
Height : 6'1
Weight : 55 kgs
Arms [flexed] : 13 in
Arms [unflexed] : dont know
Forearms : 10 in
Chest : 35 in
Shoulders : dont know
Quads : 19 in
Calves : 11 in
Waist : 28 in
Body-fat percentage : Almost none i guess

NOW
Height: 6'1
Weight: 80 kgs
Arms [flexed]: 16 in
Arms [unflexed]: dont know
Forarms: 13 in
Chest: 39 in
Shoulders: dont know
Quads: 23 in
Calves: 14 in
Waist: 33 in
Body-fat percentage: 18 %

Supplements : Creatine(3) , Cell-tech , Myoplex ,Myoplex lite , Serious Mass(2) ,Mega Mass
4000 ,Mega Mass 2000, Whey protein (5) ,Mega gainer(2), N-large 2 , Currently takin animal m-stak.

Diet : Dont have any fixed diet since i work in shifts , but try eating as much as i can in
3 hour periods .

Training : I only do one body part a day , and work out for about 5 days a week.

Hey StudBuDdy,

My story is very similar to yours. Even I've always looked to gain mass.

I first joined the gym way back when I was in FYJC. I, like you, looked awful. I had no idea about bodybuilding and diet. I and a close friend joined this gym in our area and got the worst advice ever. We were told all the wrong things. Whatever we got was crap. We continued for eight months with absolutely no results. We left the gym.

Five years later.

After finishing my degree, I again got this need for increasing my weight and becoming something much better. I never thought I'd look better, but I gave it a shot. I searched the whole net about weight training, cardio and diet. I studied everything one needs to know to achieve his/her goal. I later joined the gym. I was on circuit training for about two weeks and then shifted to split bodyparts. I ate a very good diet and didn't take supplements then. I was gaining a kg per week. In eight weeks I gained eight kgs. Of course, there was some amount of fat getting stored too. I didn't care, coz my aim was to gain mass ANYHOW. I had a lot of gaps in between, around four months in ten months. I have gained enough weight and muscle mass. As of today, I have gained 18 kgs. Very satisfied with what I've accomplished compared to the very puny me earlier. Although I may still look puny, I've gained the following -

Body Type: Ecto-Endomorph
Goal: 75 kgs, gain mainly muscle mass.

Before
Weight: 47 kgs
Height: 5'6"
Biceps [unflexed]: 10"
Biceps [flexed]: 10.5"
Forearms: NA
Chest: 33"
Shoulders: NA
Quads: NA
Calves: NA
Waist: 27"
Body-Fat percentage: NA

After
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 65 kgs
Arms [unflexed]: 13"
Arms [flexed]: 14"
Forarms: 11.5"
Chest: 37"
Shoulders: 19"
Quads: 19"
Calves: 13"
Waist: 32"
Body-fat percentage: NA
Supplements:
Mega Mass 4000
This supplement helped a lot. Took this for a year and got some gains.

Serious Mass
Recently bought it. Made a new diet and started taking this. Added approx 0.7 inch on my arms in one workout with the new diet and Serious Mass.
Training:
My training consisted of split bodyparts. I always did two months gymming and then had to take a one month break and again two months gymming and one month break. No, this wasn't my strategy, it is just that I have a health-related problem which doesn't allow me to be consistent.
Diet:
I was always on a huge diet. Approx 3500+ calories. My diet mainly included healthy foods and fruits. I try to eat every three hours. During the one month breaks, I used to be on low diet and junk food due to which I kept losing weight and muscle mass often.

Saw this article recently, thought it would make an interesting reading in this thread... No Flames please... ;)

http://www.mattfurey.com/bodybuilder...ets070405.html

Anyone else ever into bodybuilding??! Don't tell me its just me, Aadix, Samurai, GTO, RJK. Don't know about Shan2nu, bevada, dceite, turbo_lover, vinsanity, aggressive_anush.

:) hey guys, am into body building.....or loosing my paunch....no seriously, am a member at exert at worli for the past 3 yrs now called golds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16
Anyone else ever into bodybuilding??! Don't tell me its just me, Aadix, Samurai, GTO, RJK.

Actually I am not into bodybuilding, there was a phase 12 years ago, but got over it. Now I am into combat conditioning which is based on body weight calisthenics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16
Anyone else ever into bodybuilding??! Don't tell me its just me, Aadix, Samurai, GTO, RJK. Don't know about Shan2nu, bevada, dceite, turbo_lover, vinsanity, aggressive_anush.

what can i say ..i was addicted to working out from 12th grade till end of 2nd year ...fell seriously ill during my vacation in india..lost all my lean mass ...power... got back to tworking out as soon as i reached university ..

it was very demotivating ...my power and stamina was really down ..anyways .. i pushed too hard once i hurt my shoulder ..maybe 10lb of weight added too soon...i suffer from shoulder pain each time i exert too much force ..

plan to get a check up done soon .. really hope to get back in shape and make it slow this time ..

I wasn't into body building. I just started off to lose weight. Got down from 115kgs to 92, back to 95 and trying to lose again. Hahaha

Concetrating more on cardio excercises now. Lose the fat first and then try and build up the muscles.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
Saw this article recently, thought it would make an interesting reading in this thread... No Flames please... ;)

http://www.mattfurey.com/bodybuilder...ets070405.html

I've seen what that guy promotes. I tried doing the hand stand pushups but man is it difficult...I'm still trying though. But he doesn't give out any thing at all on his site. You need to buy his stuff. So, that will have to happen later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJK
I've seen what that guy promotes. I tried doing the hand stand pushups but man is it difficult...I'm still trying though.

Dude, handstands are very advanced stuff, you have to be functionally very strong to even hold that position. I can only do few handstand pushups.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJK
But he doesn't give out any thing at all on his site. You need to buy his stuff. So, that will have to happen later.

Somebody gotta pay his bills... :) I have many of his products and they are worth it. The combat conditioning videos and Combat Abs are the best for beginers. BTW, they ship to India too.

Quote:

Dude, handstands are very advanced stuff, you have to be functionally very strong to even hold that position.
man handstands are bad ..my gf learns Capoeira (brazilian martial arts) she has been doing handstands as a kid and now her left arms bends slightly backwards from the elboy joint due to those one hand stands ...
its crazzzyy !