Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2009, 17:19   #931
Senior - BHPian

Mods kindly delete this one.

Last edited by harry10 : 5th March 2009 at 17:21.
Old 5th March 2009, 17:20   #932
Senior - BHPian

@shajufx- i was expecting that.
Next time when you need supplements let me know first. My bro is the biggest distributor here in north so i can suggest you some good ones.
And ya its best to buy them in India. From abroad ask anyone who is coming to bring it for you then only you get a good deal!

Now my Q-
Am starting gymming again from 25 march after a long break.
I need suggestions for the warm ups and the starting exercises etc as been outta touch and forgotten everything.
For now had started running for an hour everyday.
Old 5th March 2009, 17:24   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
For now had started running for an hour everyday.
You run for an hour every day. WOW That is great. What speed and how many kms do you cover. Do you run on the treadmill or on a track.
Old 5th March 2009, 17:35   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
You run for an hour every day. WOW That is great. What speed and how many kms do you cover. Do you run on the treadmill or on a track.
Somehow i dont like treadmills(though i run on it when am gymming).
Fortunately got a big park in front of my house so prefer running there(natural is always natural).
Dont know the exact figure but will be around 4-5km i guess. Start by walking,then mild jogging and then proper running. Will take sometime to come back to full throttle as am exercising after long!
Old 5th March 2009, 17:51   #935
Senior - BHPian

Well, in cooler/colder seasons I run 1 to 1.5 hours on the hills. This is without any breaks... and includes uphill/downhill running too. Cant do this in summers as I start overheating (maybe I have a faulty radiator or something, LOL!). In hot summers 0.5 to 0.75 hours is what I can do.

After that its work out or yoga, if there is time. Else this is on alternate days.

Strange thing is, when I run extesively like 1 - 1.5 hours, I feel aches and pains in my legs and li'l lack of energy sometime after the run. This does not happen if take something like Threptin biscuits (caesin) about half hour before then run. Is this a good idea... or are there better options?

Any musclemen here who can advice?
Old 5th March 2009, 18:19   #936
Senior - BHPian

Threptin biscuits are good for that and no harm in taking them. Will suggest stay with the same.
Old 5th March 2009, 18:30   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Next time when you need supplements let me know first. My bro is the biggest distributor here in north so i can suggest you some good ones.
And ya its best to buy them in India. From abroad ask anyone who is coming to bring it for you then only you get a good deal!
Thanks for your advise. My co-brother travels to US almost every alternate weeks (private air bus with less than 5 people on board 90% of the time, he can bring even guns, no customs check), but that didnt strike my mind when I was too much into browsing through bodybuilding.com. Selecting the items, paying by credit card and all of it was done under a dazed/hypnotized way ! I swear ! I know I will never ever repeat that mistake. Lesson learned the hard way.
Old 5th March 2009, 18:51   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thanks for your advise. My co-brother travels to US almost every alternate weeks (private air bus with less than 5 people on board 90% of the time, he can bring even guns, no customs check), but that didnt strike my mind when I was too much into browsing through bodybuilding.com. Selecting the items, paying by credit card and all of it was done under a dazed/hypnotized way ! I swear ! I know I will never ever repeat that mistake. Lesson learned the hard way.
Experience is the best teacher after all

If you do any online purchase from foreign sites like Amazon or bodybuilding.com or any then you use your credit card. Most major cards like ICICI,CItibank,HDFC etc levies a fee of 3.5% to 5% on every transaction you do in the name of foreign exchange and stuff. So be prepared to pay the extra 3.5% on your purchase amount as well.

Thats why my bro who just came back a week back from US all the stuff i asked him to bring for me was purchased by credit card of my sis who is residing in california. Saves shipping charges to India,custom charges and the card transaction charges.
So keep this in mind next time.
Old 5th March 2009, 19:09   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Now my Q-
Am starting gymming again from 25 march after a long break.
I need suggestions for the warm ups and the starting exercises etc as been outta touch and forgotten everything.
What is your fitness goal? Losing weight/fat? building muscle/strength/weight gain?
It'll be a lot easier to suggest once you're clear about that.
Old 5th March 2009, 19:34   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Harry, what brands does your brother deal with?
Old 5th March 2009, 19:50   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Threptin biscuits are good for that and no harm in taking them. Will suggest stay with the same.
Thanks! But how do other suppliments like Whey protein compare with this? It seems Whey is the fav of people here... hence the question. And whats better for bulking up ...or would both be the same? Of course assuming that one has the Treptins mebbe an hour before the work out... as its slow releasing.
Old 5th March 2009, 19:56   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Thanks! But how do other suppliments like Whey protein compare with this? It seems Whey is the fav of people here... hence the question. And whats better for bulking up ...or would both be the same? Of course assuming that one has the Treptins mebbe an hour before the work out... as its slow releasing.
There is simply no comparison between a Threptin biscuit and a Whey protein powder.
What is best for bulking up is eating BIG and training HEAVY.
You are better off consuming protein post-workout rather than pre-workout.
Old 5th March 2009, 20:10   #943
lancer_mania

i am new to this.what kind of work out should i perform and diet should i take to build muscle.currently im 5 feet 3 and 48 kgs

Old 5th March 2009, 20:16   #944
lancer_mania

i am new to this.what kind of work out should i perform and diet should i take to build muscle.currently im 5 feet 3 and 48 kgs

Old 5th March 2009, 21:22   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Whey is always the best.Treptins are mainly like a diet thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh View Post
Harry, what brands does your brother deal with?
All the major brands of US. He deals only in the foreign brands and no local brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
There is simply no comparison between a Threptin biscuit and a Whey protein powder.
What is best for bulking up is eating BIG and training HEAVY.
You are better off consuming protein post-workout rather than pre-workout.
Absolutely right as stated by Vikram. Just to add- Diet is one of the key factors. No matter how hard you train and what supplement you take but if diet is not proper you wont get the results.
Protein post workouts is always better as every time you work out you are tearing down muscles and then rebuilding them. Protein is necessary to repair and rebuild your muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
What is your fitness goal? Losing weight/fat? building muscle/strength/weight gain?
It'll be a lot easier to suggest once you're clear about that.
Am not fat as can be seen from my display pic but will be losing a couple of kg's as well. Main aim will be - building muscle/strength

Last edited by harry10 : 5th March 2009 at 21:23.

Most Viewed