Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2009, 18:32   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Now I know why they have included the free creatine. With all these aphrodisiacs, you sure will need the extra energy. Go for it stud!
You mean to say its value for money and good ? My wife is just 30 days to due date. She was having it with milk before sleep with doctor's permission (only last 3 days). Today I bought Protinex (Diabetic care version) for her. After reading your post, she was wondering if she did something wrong !!

Quote:
Please don't exceed the dosage. Along with twice the caffeine, you'll also be taking in twice the creatine; NOT ADVISABLE
Dosage is 1-3 scoops with 5-18 oz of water. Strictly no shaking like other protein powders, but stir with spoon (may be it will explode as the name suggests !). Also strict break of 4 weeks after 12 weeks of usage. Overall the red see-through bottle, instructions, writings on the bottle etc. make it look like some bomb/atomic powder that can shoot someone to the space !

And here is the content of NO-Xplode
Amount per serving (1 scoop/ 20.5 g)
Calories 25
Total carbohydrates 6g
Sugars 0g
Vitamin B6 25 mg
Folate (vitamin B9) 400 mcg
Cyanocobalamin (vitamin b12) 120 mcg
Calcium 75 mg
Phosphorus 535 mg
Magnesium 360 mg
Sodium 230 mg
Potassium 75 mg

Last edited by shajufx : 17th March 2009 at 18:38.
Old 17th March 2009, 18:54   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Ordering online from US can be an expensive affair in the form of duty and shipping charges. Best way ask someone who is coming from there to bring it for you. You can purchase from here and get it shipped to his residence in US - saves shipping charges to India and duty as well.

Alternatively if you dont have anyone coming from US then buy it from here. Will still come out cheap in comparison to online ordering.
Old 17th March 2009, 19:14   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
She was having it with milk before sleep with doctor's permission (only last 3 days).
why buddy.

trust me, in pregnancy don't even fall for "food for two". regular food is just fine. and experiments with supplements? I will never do that.

we can take it to another thread, but she just needs good food in regular amounts. any extras and supplements are going to get her more towards gestational diabetes and more complications. We have been thru that once.

and doctor's permission is not an answer. doctor is a human, and can not impose a lifestyle change unless medically needed.
Old 17th March 2009, 19:19   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
Due to the heavy weights, I have been advised to take calcium supplements. Can somebody please suggest what is the best supplement and how much should I take on daily basis.
Mansi, I strongly oppose the consumption of milk by anybody older than 5 years. as given in the link below, on of the dangers is calcium deficiency. I would suggest you to avoid heavy intake of milk if you are doing it just for calcium.

I will let experts comment on the article.

Dangers of Milk
Old 17th March 2009, 19:30   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
You mean to say its value for money and good ? My wife is just 30 days to due date. She was having it with milk before sleep with doctor's permission (only last 3 days). Today I bought Protinex (Diabetic care version) for her. After reading your post, she was wondering if she did something wrong !!
I'm not saying it's value for money. It doesn't have too much Whey and that too not of a great quality. I was wondering what the other additives are and hence asked you to post. I can't see anything potentially harmful for your wife. I'd just be concerned about bloating or gas, since she's consuming it with milk.
On the safer side though, stick to the Protinex. I think it contains mainly soy protein, which is good for women anyway. If I were in your place, I'd ask my wife to stay off all supplements. These are not tested or regulated by any official body and the fact that this particular Whey is not at all known, I'd avoid it completely. You never know what goes in the bottle.

Quote:
And here is the content of NO-Xplode
Amount per serving (1 scoop/ 20.5 g)
Calories 25
Total carbohydrates 6g
Sugars 0g
Vitamin B6 25 mg
Folate (vitamin B9) 400 mcg
Cyanocobalamin (vitamin b12) 120 mcg
Calcium 75 mg
Phosphorus 535 mg
Magnesium 360 mg
Sodium 230 mg
Potassium 75 mg
what you have missed out in Explod is this:

N.O.-Xplode™'s Proprietary Blend 18,000mg **
(Contains A Patented Nutrient Suspension Matrix & Efforsorb™ Delivery System)

N.O. Meta-FusionPatent Pending **
L-Arginine AKG, L-Citrulline Malate, RC-NOS™ (Rutacarpine 95%), L-Citrulline AKG, L-Histidine AKG, NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide), Gynostemma Pentaphyllum (Leaves & Stem) (Gypenosides 95%)

AVPT (Advanced Volumizing & Performance Technology) **
Modified Glucose Polymers (Maltodextrin), Di-Creatine Malate, Trimethylglycine, Creatine Ethyl Ester -Beta-Alanine Dual Action Composite (CarnoSyn®), Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Creatine Phosphate Matrix, Creatinol-O-Phosphate-Malic Acid Interfusion, Glycocyamine, Guanidino Proplonic Acid, Cinnulin PF® (Aqueous Cinnamon Extract) (Bark), Ketoisocaproate Potassium, Creatine ABB (Creatine Alpha-Amino-N-Butyrate)

Ener-Tropic Xplosion™(Patent Pending) **
L-Tyrosine, Taurine, Glucuronolactone, Methylxanthine (Caffeine), L-Tyrosine AKG, MCT's (Medium Chain Triglycerides)[Coconut], Common Periwinkle Vinpocetine 99%, Vincamine 99%, Vinburnine 99% (Whole Plant)

Phospho-Electrolyte Replacements™ **
Di-Calcium Phosphate, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Di-Sodium Phosphate

Glycerol Hydrating Polymers™ **
Potassium Glycerophosphate, Magnesium Glycerophosphate, Glycerol Stearate

Always pays to read the ENTIRE list my friend

Last edited by vikram18 : 17th March 2009 at 19:33.
Old 17th March 2009, 19:39   #1026
Senior - BHPian

@Vikram- Lol. I will have to buy a medical dictionary to understand all those words!
Am glad with the proteins i take and thats end of story
Old 17th March 2009, 19:46   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Vikram- Lol. I will have to buy a medical dictionary to understand all those words!
Haha, make that a pharmaceutical dictionary and I'm not sure you'll find all of them in there either. Don't even bother, most of it is unnecessary. I'm a li'l nuts, so I keep reading up on such stuff, if only to know how useless it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Am glad with the proteins i take and thats end of story
Smartest thing you can do!
Old 17th March 2009, 20:05   #1028
BHPian

During pregnancy you shouldn't be taking these types of protein powders of these type of products. These are the fitness industry products and not for her.

I would suggest alternate protein powders like the ones prescribed by the WHO(world health org.) Company called nutrilite makes them.

As for NO, good luck with the 2 scoops, watch the intensity sky rocket are you sticking to the time period? Like 45 minutes before starting your workout or are you having it just before you leave the house?
Old 17th March 2009, 20:22   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
trust me, in pregnancy don't even fall for "food for two". regular food is just fine. and experiments with supplements? I will never do that.
Quote:
I can't see anything potentially harmful for your wife. I'd just be concerned about bloating or gas, since she's consuming it with milk.
She is overweight and diabetic in pregnancy. First pregnancy in 2005 had high diabetic issue which was resolved by regular insuline injection twice a day for over 4 months till the last day ! So, this time she became too cautious and went through a very hard dieting which is resulting in no weight gain (which is supposed to be 1 to 2 kg every month). Atleast no insuline injections, but doctor has recommended eating well for the remaining 30 days plus some protein support for a healthy baby. So, I thought my ayurvedic 'Muscle Man' could do some help, because I look at that tin as a step mother after getting my ON 100% banana flavoured whey from US ! Anyway she will continue with the newly bought Protinex.

Quote:
what you have missed out in Explod is this:

N.O.-Xplode™'s Proprietary Blend 18,000mg **
N.O. Meta-FusionPatent Pending **
AVPT (Advanced Volumizing & Performance Technology) **
Modified Glucose Polymers (Maltodextrin), Di-Creatine Malate, Trimethylglycine, Creatine Ethyl Ester -Beta-Alanine Dual Action Composite (CarnoSyn®), Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Creatine Phosphate Matrix, Creatinol-O-Phosphate-Malic Acid Interfusion, Glycocyamine, Guanidino Proplonic Acid, Cinnulin PF® (Aqueous Cinnamon Extract) (Bark), Ketoisocaproate Potassium, Creatine ABB (Creatine Alpha-Amino-N-Butyrate)
Always pays to read the ENTIRE list my friend
Even if I read the entire list, I would not understand a bit about it. After you have posted the content which I missed, I feel like I am swallowing a mini scientific LAB every morning
Old 17th March 2009, 20:28   #1030
BHPian

Quote:

Even if I read the entire list, I would not understand a bit about it. After you have posted the content which I missed, I feel like I am swallowing a mini scientific LAB every morning
LOL. That's why I specifically highlighted the creatine and caffeine parts. Exactly what I don't want you taking too much of.
And looking at all those entire plants, you're single handedly responsible for the destruction of the Amazon rainforest too
I'm hoping all the whey and NOS isn't causing any "backfiring" explosions
Old 17th March 2009, 20:36   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm hoping all the whey and NOS isn't causing any "backfiring" explosions
Offcourse its causing 1 explosion in every 10 mts of workout. Today I had just 1 scoop and had to control the air-pressure manually because there are ladies working out around. Tomorow I dont dare to take 2 scoops only because of this situation. May be the body will get used to it and force the excess air out through any of the upper openings and spare the lower one . Also this is one of the complaints I have read in few forums about this product.

Last edited by shajufx : 17th March 2009 at 20:38.
Old 17th March 2009, 20:48   #1032
Senior - BHPian

@Vikram - Its good that you read up so much stuff(and are able to digest them as well). In my case i try to grab only as much knowledge which can meet my requirements.
Believe in keeping it simple and straight as excessive knowledge can also lead you to disbelieve each and every thing as then you tend to become too analytical for your own good.

I am going to start up my protein and creatine intake as well so will post the information for you to analyze and then let me know what you think about it as i would specifically like to know the kind of dosage which will be suitable for it.
Also do let me know if i should Pm it to you or just post here as am comfortable in both.

Cheers
Old 17th March 2009, 22:02   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Guys there is a new GOLD's GYM opening at 3rd phase JPNAGAR ,blore. This near the bhaneerghata ring road junction ,while coming down from shoppers stop . There are offering 40 % discount on annual fee and we need to pay annual upfront . Cost is 15250 for year after discount .
Any body joining that one ? . They are starting by april 15th .

Last edited by black12rr : 17th March 2009 at 22:04.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:27   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Guys there is a new GOLD's GYM opening at 3rd phase JPNAGAR ,blore. This near the bhaneerghata ring road junction ,while coming down from shoppers stop . There are offering 40 % discount on annual fee and we need to pay annual upfront . Cost is 15250 for year after discount .
Any body joining that one ? . They are starting by april 15th .
Have you ever played any sports during your school/college days? Do you have any certificate of National or international level of that?
If you do have it then you will get a flat discount of 50% which will be around 12700 which i have payed recently doing the same.
And ya its standard for all gold gyms in India so do not get fooled if the people there tell you - No sir its from region to region.
CHeers!
Old 17th March 2009, 22:39   #1035
BHPian

Harry10, creatine is always 20g, 4 servings of 5g each for 3-4 days and then regular serving of 5g after every workout, along with the protein. If its creatine ethyl then there is no need to load and cycle.

I follow a cycle of 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off and it worked for me. Try to get in that range and then adjust according to what your body is telling you.(if using cmono)

Since golds gym has come up, what is the cost of personal training, "in general" since some trainers are going to charge thousands of rupees per hour while some will charge just hundreds.

btw, isn't talwalkars cheaper? Same equipment except golds is more glorified.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks