Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 17:28   #1411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
If only money could buy motivation! Join a gym instead, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I believe that too. Being a Veggie maintaining a 1 pound rule is highly tough in daily office routine let alone exceeding it!
However i read somewhere too much protein is also bad for health,let me search for that article.

+1. No machine can get you in shape till motivation is there. I believe along with cardio weight traning is also essential.
Gurus can advise better though

Edit- Check Precor equipment if they are available in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
For that kind of money, better to join a good gym and hire a personal trainer also for a few months.You will have access to all kinds of equipment in the gym rather than just one equipment costing lots of money.

I guess i missed out on mentioning the most crucial point . My work hours are crazy guys. Starts at 6AM and finishes at 7:30-8:00 . There's an hour drive involved at both ends of this shift and that includes the sats and Sundays as well(at most times). Hence the requirement of having some equipment at home to exercise whenever i motivate myself , even at odd hours if need be. Hyd bhp'ians can vouch for me being truthful on my work hours .I only get to meet them at 10pm most days and wee earlier if its weekends, lol.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 6th May 2009 at 17:30.
Old 6th May 2009, 17:35   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I guess i missed out on mentioning the most crucial point . My work hours are crazy guys. Starts at 6AM and finishes at 7:30-8:00 . There's an hour drive involved at both ends of this shift and that includes the sats and Sundays as well(at most times). Hence the requirement of having some equipment at home to exercise whenever i motivate myself , even at odd hours if need be. Hyd bhp'ians can vouch for me being truthful on my work hours .I only get to meet them at 10pm most days and wee earlier if its weekends, lol.
Considering your work timing, I suggest you buy the equipment and keep it in your office itself.

Many good gyms are open late in the night and you may also get a discount for using them at odd and less peak hours.
Old 6th May 2009, 18:48   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it were me, I'd look at 1000+ grams a day.
Ahahaha How much is too much?

btw, Spike
TESTOSTERONE NATION - Caffeine-Free Spike - Caffeine Free
TESTOSTERONE NATION - My Name is Spike
Old 6th May 2009, 20:32   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Ahahaha How much is too much?

No kidding.

Quote:
Oye? Hello? even if its caffeine free, it says, on its "Warning" Label:

If you have trouble sleeping, do not take within 6 hours of bedtime.

Whats the use of avoiding caffeine in the first place? Hainji?

Last edited by godog : 6th May 2009 at 20:35.
Old 6th May 2009, 21:14   #1415
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here used these products-
Gaspari Nutrition-
Plasmajet
Superpump250

Muscletech -
Nano vapor

Let me know th effects if anyone has used.
Old 6th May 2009, 21:23   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oye? Hello? even if its caffeine free, it says, on its "Warning" Label:

If you have trouble sleeping, do not take within 6 hours of bedtime.

Whats the use of avoiding caffeine in the first place? Hainji?
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Nation
Spike is intended to be taken once per day:

a) either in the morning; or

b) prior to training; or

c) before activities requiring intense mental focus.
Why not take it in the morning then?
Old 6th May 2009, 21:28   #1417
BHPian

Your doing cardio to burn calories, weight training is going to burn a hell of a lot of calories if done properly.

YOU NEED TO DO BOTH. Cardio alone isn't going to make you thin, weights are going to add curves than won't make you look flabby.

I think golds is open 24hrs so join it and don't make the mistake of buying a home gym ever.
Old 6th May 2009, 21:42   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
The rest 128gms is taken care by 30 egg whites and Chicken
I wonder what you do with those 30 egg yolks, thats a whopping 900 yolks in a month
Do you buy eggs from Neulife or Chamrajpet shop ? What discount do you get ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Anyone here used these products-
Plasmajet
Superpump250
Nano vapor
Sounds like we are talking about rockets here ! Hey come on Harry, lets talk about proteins and workouts ! (No more smilies allowed, sad !!)
Old 6th May 2009, 23:37   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I wonder what you do with those 30 egg yolks, thats a whopping 900 yolks in a month
Do you buy eggs from Neulife or Chamrajpet shop ? What discount do you get ?
We make bio-diesel out of it and sell it to unsuspecting people as "additives".
Quote:
Sounds like we are talking about rockets here ! Hey come on Harry, lets talk about proteins and workouts ! (No more smilies allowed, sad !!)
Let me fix that for you...

Quote:
Sounds like we are talking about rockets here ! Hey come on Harry, lets talk about proteins and workouts !
Haven't we done that already? Theres only so many workouts you can empty your breath and glycogen levels on. Lets talk about emptying our pockets now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Your doing cardio to burn calories, weight training is going to burn a hell of a lot of calories if done properly.

YOU NEED TO DO BOTH. Cardio alone isn't going to make you thin, weights are going to add curves than won't make you look flabby.

I think golds is open 24hrs so join it and don't make the mistake of buying a home gym ever.

AND... Muscle mass burns more calories while you park your bum in front of the tv, so you can workout and burn calories, come home and be doing nothing and still burn calories. Fundoo...

Last edited by godog : 6th May 2009 at 23:41.
Old 7th May 2009, 00:48   #1420
Senior - BHPian

Not only that, but the more cardio you do, the more efficient your muscles become. That is, for the same amount of work, less muscle is required. So your body reduces its muscle mass, which reduces your basal metabolic rate. So you have to keep raising that bar higher all the time or there's no point doing cardio. Sucks but that's the truth

So you keep increasing your running distances every 2 weeks or you'll hit a plateau.

Happened to me and there are no words to describe it. Knowing that you're working your *** off running those 12 kms, but it's useless since your body is used to it, and it won't make any difference unless you run 14kms after 2 weeks.

Last edited by pranavt : 7th May 2009 at 00:49.
Old 8th May 2009, 10:32   #1421
BHPian

Guys can anyone suggest a good gym for Fitness/weightloss programs in centres like VLCC/figure & fitness in Chennai near Nelson Manickam road, Choolaimedu, Anna Nagar area?
Old 8th May 2009, 10:39   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Not only that, but the more cardio you do, the more efficient your muscles become. That is, for the same amount of work, less muscle is required. So your body reduces its muscle mass, which reduces your basal metabolic rate. So you have to keep raising that bar higher all the time or there's no point doing cardio. Sucks but that's the truth

So you keep increasing your running distances every 2 weeks or you'll hit a plateau.

Happened to me and there are no words to describe it. Knowing that you're working your *** off running those 12 kms, but it's useless since your body is used to it, and it won't make any difference unless you run 14kms after 2 weeks.
thats a very important point - a lot of people just go through gym like a routine - they do their same 30 mins of cardio at 10kmph - do some abs and then complain that after working out for 1 hr every day, they see no results! Changing things is very important, it forces the body to involve different muscles each workout and you always get the DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) the next day. For example, every alternate chest workout I do, is completely different exercises, this really shocks the muscles as they were never expecting the a different exercise
Old 8th May 2009, 14:37   #1423
BHPian

You need to make cardio more fun!

Well my routine is, 2 min walking at 6-7 speed, then run at 12 for 2 minutes, walk at 6 for 2 minutes and then run at 12 for 2 minutes again and continue the cycle for 30minutes or so
Doing it this way of fast and then slow and fast again works for me. Then after those 30minutes I do abs and then quickly change and go swimming for 20 minutes.
Cardio gets very boring for me and I don't feel any effects of the cycle and cross trainers, swimming makes cardio day something to look forward to.
The pool is 20 steps away from the gym so yeah

By the way guys, try to do push ups AFTER your chest workout and report back!
Old 8th May 2009, 14:53   #1424
BHPian

I do not take any mass gainer, but i take Amway Nutrilite protein Powder. It's 1600 Bucks for 500 Grams. Anybody tried it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
1800 is tooooooooooooooooo expensive, coz abroad you get the 2lbs for about Rs 1000. Here you get it for Rs 1400. The address of the supermarket is :

Lo Price Supermarket,
Opp Pratap Society,
J.P. Road,
7 Bungalows,
Andheri (West),
Mumbai - 400053.

For losing fat, you can take Whey Protein, since it has almost no carbs [1g I guess]. And whey protein is the best from only ON [Optimum Nutrition]. Its rated number one. Its also got about 5g of Glutamine, which is very good. The key is a high-protein diet, low carb and low fat. Six meals in a day, small meals. It will also depend on your metabolism how you get results. I'm a hard gainer, or you can also say ectomorph. It takes me very very long to gain anything, but very easy to lose.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:12   #1425
BHPian

It's meant for general health not bodybuilding, stop taking it.

Bad quality of protein and its totally overpriced, you can get top quality whey for ~750rs for 500g

Everything from Amway and other pyramid selling companies is overpriced and almost always not the best product available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks