Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 12:28   #1441
BHPian

Guys any tips on how to increase aerobic capacity gradually over a period. Just don't say, keep increasing the intensity of workout gradually. I have tried to do that, without success.
P.S : I do not smoke.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 11th May 2009 at 12:32.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:23   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Guys any tips on how to increase aerobic capacity gradually over a period. Just don't say, keep increasing the intensity of workout gradually. I have tried to do that, without success.
Keep increasing the intensity of workout gradually.

There are no magic workouts or supplements. Keep going, push yourself every second. It really works.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:29   #1443
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Swimming: for longer periods in deeper parts of the pool.
Yoga, esp the breathing exercises, in the morning.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:36   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
breathing yoga every morning - kapalbhati and annulomvilom i think are the names of the 2 breathing yoga exercises i do - very helpful and its not just for lungs but also a lot of other benefits
Old 11th May 2009, 16:31   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Swimming: for longer periods in deeper parts of the pool.
Yoga, esp the breathing exercises, in the morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
breathing yoga every morning - kapalbhati and annulomvilom i think are the names of the 2 breathing yoga exercises i do - very helpful and its not just for lungs but also a lot of other benefits
Thanks.

I was also thinking on similar lines. Swimming and breathing exercises should really help.

Edit: Just asked my mom about these breathing yoga exercises, she does them daily. The annulomvilom is also know as nadi shuddhi pranayama. So I will start them from tomorrow. Lets see what difference I can see in a month or two.

Pranavt, I was not thinking about supplements.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 11th May 2009 at 16:44.
Old 11th May 2009, 16:36   #1446
Senior - BHPian

I need to get one of these- Kindly suggest which will be better-
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/sensation.html
Bodybuilding.com - Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion - Advanced Muscle Building Protein! On sale now!

I do not need fat and protein is also more in iso sensation so i feel its better. Suggestions?
Old 11th May 2009, 16:43   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

I do not need fat and protein is also more in iso sensation so i feel its better. Suggestions?
As has been written many times previously, almost ANY whey Isolate will have more protein per serving when compared to a WPC/blend. Do factor in the cost as well and then come to a decision, as Isolate will be a lot more expensive than WPC/blends.

I was out of town and will reply to your PM soon.

An informative article about creatine, esp. with regards to why it's better to take creatine post workout.

T-Nation.com | Catching Up On Creatine
Old 11th May 2009, 16:46   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

I was also thinking on similar lines. Swimming and breathing exercises should really help.

Pranavt, I was not thinking about supplements.
I would also suggest varying the cardio you do - if you always run then mix it up with swimming as mentioned by bblost - or practice some martial arts or try walking/jogging on road instead of treadmill, or cycle or do some circuit training (various exercises done in quick succession to give the cardio effect Circuit training - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
The point is your lungs will get used to the daily treadmill, but if you keep varying things your cardiovascular endurance will definitely improve
Old 11th May 2009, 17:02   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
As has been written many times previously, almost ANY whey Isolate will have more protein per serving when compared to a WPC/blend. Do factor in the cost as well and then come to a decision, as Isolate will be a lot more expensive than WPC/blends.

I was out of town and will reply to your PM soon.

An informative article about creatine, esp. with regards to why it's better to take creatine post workout.

No prob Vikram, you can reply whenever you get time and i appreciate that.
Ya i know Whey isolate are expensive and have more protein, thats why i had poste dthe query.
Myofusion is i think around 3000-3300 range for 5lbs.
Iso Sensation is 5400 for 5 lbs but i will get a discount and will be around 45-4600 for me.
So my Q is which one of these should i choose?
Will Iso be better than Myofusion cos i dont want to consider the 1500rs difference and just want the best one.
Does Myofusion fulfill the requirements?
Old 11th May 2009, 17:41   #1450
BHPian

Quote:

You've done it again. All this is going over my puny head. In short, Creatine should be taken after working out and not before? what else does the article say? (I lost interest after he wrote something about monkey love...???)

EDIT: Found your point, here it is...
Quote:
When to Take It
Pre-workout creatine will certainly increase your intravascular volume, and could help you get a bigger pump. But it can also pump up your GI tract, while the increased fluid in your veins could indicate intramuscular and tissue dehydration.
That's why I think creatine works best as part of your post-workout shake.
I don't know if that is a well-rounded argument. It "could" indicate?

I still hold my view. Take it with a banana milk-shake. PRE workout.
Quote:
Ya i know Whey isolate are expensive and have more protein, thats why i had poste dthe query.
Iso Sensation is 5400 for 5 lbs but i will get a discount and will be around 45-4600 for me.
Will Iso be better than Myofusion cos i dont want to consider the 1500rs difference and just want the best one.
EXACTLY the quandary I'd found myself a few months ago.

The result is History

Last edited by godog : 11th May 2009 at 17:54.
Old 11th May 2009, 18:03   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Here, I'll do the math for you

Total protein content per 5Lb container

Myofusion - 63 servings x 25 gms protein per serving = 1575gms of protein

Iso Sensation 93 - 71 servings x 30 gms protein per serving = 2130gms of protein

Thus, price per gram of protein:

Myofusion at Rs. 3000: 3000/1575 = Rs 1.90 per gram of WPC Blend

Iso sensation 93 at Rs. 4600: 4600/2130 = Rs. 2.15 per gram of Whey Isolate

That's the cost breakup for you. I won't go into WPC vs. Isolate as I've already written reams on the same. Point to be noted here is that Isolate is not THAT much more expensive than WPC.

In the end, it will matter how much protein you get into your body at regular intervals.
Cheers!
Old 11th May 2009, 18:31   #1452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here, I'll do the math for you

Total protein content per 5Lb container

Myofusion - 63 servings x 25 gms protein per serving = 1575gms of protein

Iso Sensation 93 - 71 servings x 30 gms protein per serving = 2130gms of protein

Thus, price per gram of protein:

Myofusion at Rs. 3000: 3000/1575 = Rs 1.90 per gram of WPC Blend

Iso sensation 93 at Rs. 4600: 4600/2130 = Rs. 2.15 per gram of Whey Isolate

That's the cost breakup for you. I won't go into WPC vs. Isolate as I've already written reams on the same. Point to be noted here is that Isolate is not THAT much more expensive than WPC.

In the end, it will matter how much protein you get into your body at regular intervals.
Cheers!
Thanks for the effort!
I was never good in maths
As per the description its a 25 paise more per gram for Isolate which is not a big amount.
I have also read a lot about WPC vs. Isolate but am still confused. As per my understanding Isolate is better and thats why its expensive as well, is that right?
Also is one scoop ok(if we consider isolate) or 2 is required in a day.

@godog- am yet to read the article so will get back on that as soon as i finish it.
Old 11th May 2009, 20:16   #1453
BHPian

Take Isolate immediately after your workout and at other times take WPC blend. That would be the best way to take it.
Old 11th May 2009, 21:13   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Also is one scoop ok(if we consider isolate) or 2 is required in a day.
No one can tell you how many scoops to take.
1 scoop = ~24g(check your tub) so do the math depending on your meals.

1g per pound of your weight is good so check how much eggs/meat you are eating.
Old 11th May 2009, 21:40   #1455
BHPian

Myofusion also has other good stuff like Vitamins, minerals and a bit of Fibre and Egg Albumin that the others usually do not have, hence i dont mind the slightly increased fat / Carb intake. isolates dont make that good sense to me unless your cutting fat to absolute minimum, your body is going to absorb only as much protein as it wants, even if you bombard it with 35G per scoop or 24G.

Funny thing happened today. Was just getting my evening dose of myofusion Vanilla flavor and poured water into it. Tasted it, darn Tasted exactly like fruit punch they serve in some restaurants. Turns out the bottle contained sprite, not water in a sprite bottle as i had assumed ( we use Pet bottled for water in various rooms ). Not bad for a change!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks